• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Story (Wii) Online - Final Weekend - Get Exclusive Items!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Some people in the general thread are saying that some games are still running, no reports on The Last Story specifically though. If it's up for some reason when I get home tonight, I'll pop back in and help people get dyes if possible.

I was curious If servers were still up too. I Better get the goodbyes out of the way.

Goodbye TLS multiplayer. Though knowing you for only three days, this feeling has felt like we've been together since launch. You will soon be played offline, with no more disconnections or shutdowns. Poor distribution lead to the Wii's exclusive release, but you'll be forever a part of our JRPG memories.

RIP

Dee Dee

I had to stop because I was falling asleep. Sad I did not get all the dyes, but I am happy I actually got so many items out of the multiplayer!
Also, the chat options some people had chosen were awesome. I liked the system a lot, now if only I actually knew some characters and the dialogue in game....

Bye bye last story multiplayer, it was fun knowing you!
And thank you PixyJunket for starting the thread and inspiring so many people to join in the fun one last time!

Sorry to Andrin and the other Euros that I did not manage to meet in game, maybe when Mario Kart 8 comes out!

It was so much fun to play the multiplayer in this game, such a shame it had to come to an end. Hope the new Mistwalker RPG for Xbox One will have an awesome multiplayer as well.

Eusis

It was so much fun to play the multiplayer in this game, such a shame it had to come to an end. Hope the new Mistwalker RPG for Xbox One will have an awesome multiplayer as well.
Are there any solid rumors that confirm that we'll likely see one or is it just wild speculation?

Though I guess it'd figure if once again it's worth grabbing an Xbox for a Mistwalker RPG.

Varshes

Thanks again guys, here's the shot I took just now.

Qe0EzEx.jpg

;_;

Korigama

I was curious If servers were still up too. I Better get the goodbyes out of the way.

Goodbye TLS multiplayer. Though knowing you for only three days, this feeling has felt like we've been together since launch. You will soon be played offline, with no more disconnections or shutdowns. Poor distribution lead to the Wii's exclusive release, but you'll be forever a part of our JRPG memories.

RIP
Pretty sure it being a Nintendo IP led to its Wii-exclusive release (much like the other two Operation Rainfall games).

jimi_dini

I went to MAX level 2 days ago while helping a few GAFfers. It's a shame that it was turned off. Hopefully homebrew will come to the rescue.

R.I.P.

This was the last tweet we got from Sakaguchi that was specifically game-development related.

dinner meeting w/Uematsu-san for next iOS game

next
adj. 1. next preceding the last

Last Story 0 (Wii U exclusive) confirmed

would buy day 1

Eusis

This was the last tweet we got from Sakaguchi that was specifically game-development related.
https://twitter.com/auuo/status/344154887522758657

Whether that project is really an iOS game or a smokescreen for a bigger project is unknown. We do know he's flying back and forth to Tokyo a lot like when he was working hard on The Last Story.
Well, it's an interesting development. Maybe it's even just a heavier iOS project, I'd rather play it on a platform that (... probably) won't be obsolete within a few years and undesirable to play on before then but it WOULD be more interesting than a cheap surfing game.
Pretty sure it being a Nintendo IP led to its Wii-exclusive release (much like the other two Operation Rainfall games).
Yeah, the only way that post could've made sense is if he was referring to poor distribution for Blue Dragon/Lost Odyssey chasing Mistwalker to NIntendo, and I can't imagine why those would've been poorly distributed, seemed to get standard treatment from Microsoft and LO at least pulled decent numbers. Dunno if the numbers were good enough for the kind of game it was, but still.
Oof, that's a somber image.

I hope this doesn't sound narcissistic, but I'm proud to have helped give the game a good send off with the rest of you.
Well, at least a bunch of us finally got mileage out of the MP, then harvested the rewards from it. I think I'm missing two co-op weapons, but as rare drops they'd be a huge pain in the ass anyway.

Are there any solid rumors that confirm that we'll likely see one or is it just wild speculation?

Though I guess it'd figure if once again it's worth grabbing an Xbox for a Mistwalker RPG.

Spencer said sonething about it on Twitter I read somewhere... Don't remember where I read it, but they were convinced it was a Mistwalker game he was talking about.

I don't know if anything will come of it but I went ahead and added everyones FC listed in the OP to the database here. With an hour until shutdown it might have been too late to do it even if they get a server solution worked out, but I figure there's no harm in trying.

Sorry for the bump, but this seemed like the most appropriate place for this: I've been checking the wiimmfi server compatibility every now and then and noticed when I checked it today that The Last Story was listed as working with the exception of statistics (although I'm not certain as to exactly what that means.) I just launched dolphin a little while ago and was able to log into their servers with a patched ISO and my profile from the Nintendo server also was carried over.

To get it to work you can either patch the ISO if you're using a USB Loader or Dolphin or you can use the autowiimmfi patcher from the homebrew channel with the actual disc. Links to the downloads and a youtube video are available on the patcher wiki page.

Top Bottom