• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Late Show with Stephen Colbert |OT| Beginning September 8th - 11:30/10:30c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colbert left out the most important part of the excerpt from Clinton's book that he asked Bernie about. I really wish he would have pressed Bernie just a little bit on how he planned to get the grand ideals he ran on into law.

That was the whole point of the passage in Clinton's book is it was never explained HOW those things happened and when the HOW was questioned it morphed into 'Clinton hates _____ "

It's disappointing that the whole campaign run nobody ever asked the question of how. If someone did and he explained it then I missed it.

Her point was stupid. You run on what you want not what the current political climate would allow. Hillary's goals were just as unachievable. And had Dems not won the senate she wouldn't even have gotten to nominate a SCOTUS.

His plan was to get people behind grand ideas and push turnout in order to do better nationally than they have been. Which was a better idea than the alternative plan of not doing that.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I'm sorry I really shouldn't have brought it up. The absolute last thing I want this thread to become is yet another rehash of how 2016 sucked. So my bad on that.

Colbert is still great and my absolute favorite in late night by a large margin. Now let's get back to talking about funny stuff that happens on the show. :)

at least until hillary is on next week, lmao

Socreges

Banned
Tonight's monologue was fun to watch. Pretty funny breakdown of Trump and the NFL stuff. His reaction to Kaepernick's mom's tweet was a great moment

Arkeband

Banned
They're doing this weird thing now where in the guest intro list they're "introducing" the night's monologue with a title...? Seems kind of silly to do suddenly.

Socreges

Banned
They're doing this weird thing now where in the guest intro list they're "introducing" the night's monologue with a title...? Seems kind of silly to do suddenly.
It's been about a month. Lures people in from the lead-in, I'd guess. They're milking the ratings cow: Trump

Sanjuro

I don't think he is annoying at all. Colbert doesn't really seem like the kind of host that needs to kick it to a sidekick.

Just watched the Conan interview, where he talks about going to these countries is energizing him much more. Maybe he should focus on that more instead of doing late night?

Like doing a Bourdain type show with a Conan remotes twist on it? I would watch that.

Fox318

Just watched the Conan interview, where he talks about going to these countries is energizing him much more. Maybe he should focus on that more instead of doing late night?

Like doing a Bourdain type show with a Conan remotes twist on it? I would watch that.
Conan is a really really good late night host.

He took so many risks that people wouldn't have ever taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom