• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Leftovers S3 |OT| The End Is Near - Premieres Sunday 4/16, 9pm on HBO

Man, the pressure to go back to the "hotel" world for a third time, how easily it could have gone wrong, but nope. Hit it out of the park. I love how they tied it down to Kevin's internal conflict and his inability to articulate what it is he wants.

Absolutely amazing.

oatmeal

Banned
Only thing I wish was that there was some sort of dog take over in the government.

Amazing episode though. No idea what will happen next. Seems like the departure didn't happen.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
The afterlife is real obsessed with Kevin's ding dong.

Remember that in International Assassin he got a pat down and the guy made a comment then too.

(I mean, I get it).

~Kinggi~

Banned
Whats crazy is i feel like this episode was literally the big showdown. They really didnt quite have the budget to live up to their ambitions. Like, they literally stopped the great flood and saved the world and the final episode is gonna be an epilogue wrap-up. Damn shame. First 2 seasons did a damn fine job hyping this up and they are kind of salvaging what they can now.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Whats crazy is i feel like this episode was literally the big showdown. They really didnt quite have the budget to live up to their ambitions. Like, they literally stopped the great flood and saved the world and the final episode is gonna be an epilogue wrap-up. Damn shame. First 2 seasons did a damn fine job hyping this up and they are kind of salvaging what they can now.

...I wouldn't really say that's accurate. The point of the show wasn't a big epic world saving event (and he didn't save the world, it wasn't actually ending), it's just about people going through some heavy stuff.

ezekial45

Banned
That was easily my favorite episode of the series. That was just fucking wonderful.

Man, I'm gonna miss this show. I'm not ready for it to end. :(

Justin

Man that was pretty heavy at the end. I thought it was obvious that Kevin wanted to die but could never say it but I take away from the end is that he really just wants it be with Nora but was so insucere that he pushed her away. If he rushes to find her next week only to discover she fried herself it will be heartbreaking.

Man, the pressure to go back to the "hotel" world for a third time, how easily it could have gone wrong, but nope. Hit it out of the park. I love how they tied it down to Kevin's internal conflict and his inability to articulate what it is he wants.

Absolutely amazing.

Yep, completely. The last page of that romance novel, phew. I'm really curious to see where Kevin goes from there.

I'm really looking forward to the finale next week but also tempering my expectations a bit. I don't expect any answers - I'm just going to try and enjoy the ride. I'll definitely have some tissues available because this show makes me emotional as fuck.

Yep, completely. The last page of that romance novel, phew. I'm really curious to see where Kevin goes from there.

I'm really looking forward to the finale next week but also tempering my expectations a bit. I don't expect any answers - I'm just going to try and enjoy the ride. I'll definitely have some tissues available because this show makes me emotional as fuck.

Absolutely brutal in the best possible way. I adore this episode.

HoJu

There was never any great flood the crazy dad was just crazy I think

Man i'm hoping for some sort of happy ending.. like season 1 and Season 2.....

I have a feeling though Kevin actually wants to live now... and yeah... the irony.

oatmeal

Banned
Just heard that the finale is 15 mins longer...whoo

k5-6P_C3dx_QAKn9UIqgIDf7xos4nJ_ysWNoSXUi6HM.png

Epcott

I won't lie... I was squeamish when Kevin began cutting. Does this mean his own personal afterlife is nuked and gone? Damnit Lindelof... your friggen endings and head games.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
The One and Done™;238416576 said:
I didn't quite understand that episode. Someone please explain.

Kevin realized that he drove Nora away because he was scared, and realized that his suicidal tendencies were Keeping him from moving forward in his life so he nuked the afterlife. The real world was never going to end, and has no answers for anyone.

Also, he's got a top notch hog.

stenbumling

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't surpass International Assassin for me – not that I ever expected it to – but it was pretty fucking great. Hearing Kevin squeeze out
"Patti Levin?"
was so good.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

Chitown B

I feel like I'm supposed to "get it" but I don't. And I feel like I get Twin Peaks, and LOST, and many other shows that most don't

Is the other world just a fever dream? Ugh.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The penis scanner scene had me in stitches. *THUD*

So I'm guessing the last episode is Kevin going out to stop Nora, maybe? Seems like he finally realized that he messed up.

Epcott

Who was the Vice President? Feel like I was supposed to remember her, but I definitely did not.

Head of the cult (forgot her name).

Didn't realize Kevin (the mistakenly drowned one) was checking out Kevin's "door authorization" until after the episode 😆

ezekial45

Banned
This episode was also a wonderful callback to the first episode this season with the town in Australia waiting for the end of the world. I was wondering how that was gonna come into play again.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I was surprised Kevin didn't run into Laurie. From a story perspective it would've been completely unnecessary since they had just said their goodbyes. But I was willing to bet money she was going to be his Vice Pres. And that's even with still having noticed Liv Tyler's name in the opening credits.

Top Bottom