• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (PS3/Vita) launching 12/22 in NA

Aeana

CVU1CtIVAAAymjS.png:large

Cutting it pretty darn close there with the announcement.

Nice. Got it pre ordered from bby. For some reason I thought they already confirmed it for the 15th but the 22nd isn't that much of a difference anyway.

Bear_King

Neo Member
I have never played FC or SC so would I be ok starting with Cold Steel? Also, any difference between PS3/Vita? I preordered the Vita version so I can go mobile or play on PSTV.

And yeah, I know I need to play TitS FC and SC eventually lol

Guess what's definitely not getting delivered in time for Christmas or honestly not until 2016 at the rate Amazon.ca ships things!

Aeana

Is that news? Best Buy has had this release date posted for weeks.

I guess it wasn't official.
Retailers had 12/15 and then it got pushed back to the 22nd, but XSEED never said a word until now, so yes it's news when they announce it themselves.

Are these supposed to be good? How do they compare to F/SC in terms of scale and writing?

Cold Steel 1 supposedly isnt as good as FC/SC in terms of writing, but I hear Cold Steel 2 is regarded as one of, if not, the best trails game.

I have never played FC or SC so would I be ok starting with Cold Steel? Also, any difference between PS3/Vita? I preordered the Vita version so I can go mobile or play on PSTV.

And yeah, I know I need to play TitS FC and SC eventually lol

I'm not completely up on my Trails lore, but i believe its completely different characters/story set in the same world, so you should be good.

But, like you said, you should really play FC and SC.

Really pushing it with that last minute release Xseed. I hope it doesn't bite you in the ass. Either way I'll be likely getting my copy before christmas.

Aeana

Are there notable differences between ps3 and vita? Like loadtimes?
The difference between the two versions isn't as major as it was when they first came out in Japan. Load times are a bit longer on Vita, but they're not that bad. And obviously it's higher resolution on PS3.

I have never played FC or SC so would I be ok starting with Cold Steel?

Probably? It's a direct sequel set in the same world, but then we're not getting the three games between SC and Cold Steel anyway and Falcom's marketing line at least is that this is a good place for newcomers to Trails to jump in.

Really pushing it with that last minute release Xseed. I hope it doesn't bite you in the ass. Either way I'll be likely getting my copy before christmas.

Not as last minute as the SC release was!

Battlechili

Banned
Will Trails of Cold Steel wind up coming out on PC at some point? Or has it for the moment only been announced for PS3 and Vita?

Aeana

Will Trails of Cold Steel wind up coming out on PC at some point? Or has it for the moment only been announced for PS3 and Vita?
There's no PC version announced for any region at the moment. And since the game came out officially in Chinese, there's less of an incentive for it to be ported to PC for China like the others were.

I actually changed my pre-order at EB Games to the PS3 version cause I think it'll run better than on Vita

But anyways I hope I can get Xenoblade X out of the way before then

Heyasuki

Not unless there is already a PC port from Falcom in the works. They can only work on stuff that already exists and currently Falcom never made it for PC. Same goes for PS4 versions, they need it to be made by Falcom on PS4 first and then they can bring it over.

max_505

Praise Aidios! Just finished SC a couple of days ago, went into a Trails withdrawal phase (so good~), and now this. Thanks a lot, XSEED!

emb

I was 100% sure this wouldn't be this year. Good work XSEED!

I'll probably try to get some hours in on it the night before Christmas.

zakujanai

Guess I'll be staying out of the OT for this one. Got enough SC spoilers playing along at the same time, let alone a month behind.

Bladenic

I have those 3 days off from work so imma do nothing but play away. I better have SC finished by then.

I've got PS3 version ordered but there's still a part of me wanting to get Vita version, ugh.

Top Bottom