• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Korra: Book 4 |OT2| ALL HAIL THE GREAT UNITER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toa TAK

Banned
fGtz3Hi.jpg

Welcome, loyal servants, to the OT2 of The Legend Of Korra: Book 4. Here we continue discussing Korrasami, Mako: The Dark Knight, our love-hate relationship with Bryke and our utmost devotion to the greatest villain conceived in the history of the series... maybe the world...

tumblr_nf6wq7V3ib1ths8nao6_500.gif

Kuvira Kuvira (I'm guessing that's her last name) voiced by Zelda Will.i.ams

But why devote an OP to the Book's villain? Why not? Don't you have a soul?
tumblr_ngvl2sdjYq1ry1sxno1_500.gif

How can you not love the greatest villain since in this show since Ozai and Unalaq? I mean, she builds her own KILLER ROBOT:
tumblr_ngwoyiKwYV1qf2huro1_500.gif

Look how easily she dispatches our so-called "hero" that caused millions in property damages:
tumblr_ngv8q2YVH21u5oz1jo1_400.gif

Don't piss her off:
tumblr_nd0ezezxPJ1tl3pr9o1_500.gif

She'll kick your ass:
tumblr_nftl3n410y1tt6l8qo2_500.gif

Make way for all your one true master to give way to great villainy and power:
tumblr_ncv5e5N0Rt1ro0n55o1_500.gif

Yield to her majesty and never fear for your nation's safety again:
h6FAF8598

So I say to all you "haters" out there, to give the Good Hitler a chance. She did everything out of love. Including those Re-education Camps for sure. If a few people have to die, that's okay, because in the end the world will be one with order and no poor child will have to wander the streets again.

So again, be ready to discuss the amazing Kuvira and welcome to what this is likely to be a short-lived OT2:
tumblr_ncjlqoPUqQ1ry1sxno5_500.gif

And some Korrasami discussion, too, I guess.

And for those of you who aren't the biggest fans of this OP, you can thank these guys:
Congratulations Bolin.
tumblr_ndmhigJYhs1tkx0w9o1_500.png

Does this work for you?
1lNm3US.png

Do associate it with Kuvira? Okay!
kuvirameme_zpsba64dd74.jpg

Who's laughing now, guys?
tumblr_inline_ndo27plRfK1rdv606.gif

*eyebrows*
Wall of Shame

dsHO8Do.png
Previous OT: Legend of Korra Book 4: Balance |OT| A Feast of Crows

Yes, Korrasami is confirmed. So let's celebrate it.

RULES:
No "awesome" Kuvira art. Or else.
tumblr_inline_ndmh6tpiop1r7xbyl.gif

Welcome, loyal servants, to the OT2 of The Legend Of Korra: Book 4. Here we continue discussing Korrasami, Mako: The Dark Knight, our love-hate relationship with Bryke and our utmost devotion to the greatest villain conceived in the history of the series... maybe the world...

Don't know about that first part

Kangi

Carrying over from the old thread:
Let's take a second to appreciate the final musical cue of Legend of Korra.

Not only is it a beautiful extended version of LoK's credits theme, but the last few notes that it ends on are the end-of-episode theme from A:tLA. Perfect.

"Safe Return" is incredible and all callbacks to it are very welcome. I love how A:TLA ended on that song starting to play, making you think that the "look into the sunset" scene was the end... only for it to transition into the Cave of Two Lovers theme leading into the kiss. I was a sucker for the Aang/Katara romance too, so its effect was doubled on me.

I really like this part with Kuvira. Showed her as an actual human being with emotions and even vulnerability. I always liked her when she stopped being stoic, but it didn't happen enough.
tumblr_ngvl2sdjYq1ry1sxno1_500.gif

tumblr_ngv8q2YVH21u5oz1jo1_400.gif

I loved the centrifuge slam, it was very inventive.

After blowing through S2-S4 I have the urge to watch some more episodes... but it's done :(

I'll rewatch The Last Airbender, but I really hope this is the last of the show/universe. It's just a great world with cool lore and characters. I guess I'll just be in the corner pretending to bend...

Daemul

Don't cry for Mako, he has literally saved the world 4 times. I'm sure he can land some nice ladies pretty easily.

Nah, the dude had the lovely Asami and somehow found a way to do what no other guy would and fuck it up completely by cheating on her. He literally did an Ashley Cole and cheated on a woman every man in the land would have given their arm for. What a fuck up of epic proportions.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Nah, the dude had the lovely Asami and somehow found a way to do what no other guy would and fuck it up completely by cheating on her. He literally did an Ashley Cole and cheated on a woman every man in the land would have given their arm for. What a fuck up of epic proportions.

And then he had another chance and fucked it up too, with the same woman, because he didn't bother to tell him that they've broken up.

And then he drove that woman to lesbianism with the women he cheated on.

Mako is a true human being.

Kasumin

I just want to say that I, for one, never started hating Mako. He sucks at relationships, sure, but otherwise he's a pretty cool guy. I may also have a soft spot for dorky fire benders, though...

And wow, TAK did the OP. Well, then.

In all seriousness, I'd love to cosplay Kuvira if I had the know-how. That outfit is so awesome.

I just want to say that I, for one, never started hating Mako. He sucks at relationships, sure, but otherwise he's a pretty cool guy. I may also have a soft spot for dorky fire benders, though...

And wow, TAK did the OP. Well, then.

In all seriousness, I'd love to cosplay Kuvira if I had the know-how. That outfit is so awesome.
You could always do season 3 Kuvira. I had no idea you were a female, but I was told the Tales fanbase leans more female than male.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Next OT is the Avatar OT, this was just an emergency thread because we accidentally ran out of the first Book 4 thread before the community one was ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom