• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT| A Link from the Past

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Is there a mirror shield in this game? Being abe to reflect guardian lasers without parrying or
wasting Daruk's Protection
would be nice.

It's been way too long since the mirror shield has appeared in a Zelda game.
Doesn't the Guardian shield reflect lasers? Or at least that's what the description said i think; maybe for only little ones lol.

The Game Informer feature story suggests to me that Aonuma wants the player to run up to the Calamity Ganon fight early and die to add to the build up of facing him later.

Did anyone do this?

I did it on my son's character because he wanted me to go straight to the castle for him. Beat the first two forms of Ganon, then ran out of weapons and arrows, so I had to die, and then died a lot again trying to escape from the castle.

bumpkin

To those who have successfully navigated the Lost Woods,
what is the trick to finding your way through to the Korok Village(?) where the Master Sword lies? Is it tied to torch flames/embers somehow? I noticed I get to a point where the trails of torches stop where there's two, but I keep ending up getting sent back to them no matter what route I try.

I'm not sure how long I've been playing, but so far I've only completed one dungeon and done a bunch of shrines. I'm loving everything except the weapon degradation/breaking.

terrible

Banned
I have the yiga clan after me 24/7 when I'm out exploring now. That's really, really annoying. They just keep appearing and attacking. They follow if I run away too. It's killing my relaxing exploration big time.

what is the trick to finding your way through to the Korok Village(?) where the Master Sword lies? Is it tied to torch flames/embers somehow? I noticed I get to a point where the trails of torches stop where there's two, but I keep ending up getting sent back to them no matter what route I try.

Yeah,
see which way the wind blows your torch and which directions the embers are going. Basically run and stop every once in a while. From that "checkpoint", start going left. Its not much further.

Kinsei

Banned

I'm not sure how long I've been playing, but so far I've only completed one dungeon and done a bunch of shrines. I'm loving everything except the weapon degradation/breaking.

You do what you've been doing (Following the way the fire points) with your own torch.

I have the yiga clan after me 24/7 when I'm out exploring now. That's really, really annoying. They just keep appearing and attacking. They follow if I run away too. It's killing my relaxing exploration big time.

Arrow them to the face. They used to body me before but I make sure to keep my distance from them. Theyre slow and easy, just try not to get hit. If they throw that underground bomb at you, just glide away towards their back and attack.

Nepenthe

Just beat the game. So many feelings.

Final boss was coolies. Spider Ganon was a tough lil' fucker (I couldn't figure out whether or not the Guardian Eye in the second phase could take damage or not), but I'm surprised it took me two tries. Learning how to dodge paid off.

Then fucking Beast Ganon shows up and then my horse shows up and I'm like "Shea, how did you get here-- oh shit, we need to book it!" After all of that I hadn't expected a third phase for some reason, and the scale of Beast Form was quite glorious. However, it was over too soon. I wish it had required more damage, or perhaps even some SotC-esque climbing. We had already been doing something similar with the Divine Beasts, so it would've been a nice thematic bookend to that plot point.

Was hoping and praying that after 100 years Zelda wouldn't be a spirit. I was bracing myself for the worst, but then she shows up just fine and so I went yay! Really glad she and Link can pick back up, and that she can chase after being a NERD. Seriously my favorite moments of her are when she's dealing with Sheikah tech or Hyrule's flora and fauna.

It's hard to kind of get my brain around the ultimate conclusion of playing this game. I'm still in kind of an adrenaline high. But just as well, I think it was unforgettable, and I'm excited for the next one.

terrible

Banned
Arrow them to the face. They used to body me before but I make sure to keep my distance from them. Theyre slow and easy, just try not to get hit. If they throw that underground bomb at you, just glide away towards their back and attack.

They don't kill me since I have pretty decent gear but it's really hurting my fun having to enter into combat every few minutes. I just want to go around exploring and only engage in combat when I feel like it.

Mediking

This thread is flying fast and I love it. Lol can you imagine how fast the Pokemon mainline OT for Switch is gonna go? Lol man its gonna be a blur of posts.

They don't kill me since I have pretty decent gear but it's really hurting my fun having to enter into combat every few minutes. I just want to go around exploring and only engage in combat when I feel like it.

Yeah thats true.

I tried to give them
bananas
during combat but I just got one shotted instead lol. Guess it works differently out here.

Finally got to
Zora's domain
was there a correct way to beat the shrine that I missed? I just used a combo of stasis and bombs to awkward my way through. I'm not even sure what stop the boulders from falling.

Madness

Go slow and then if you see the fog coming go the other way quickly or it'll overtake you and reset. Follow the embers and wind. It isn't too far from the two torches.

norm9

I'm at 11 hours, with no dungeons beaten. I keep getting distracted.

"Whats on top of that mountain over there?" Tuck says to himself as he diverts his course from the task he was previously doing to head up the mountain.

Repeatedly.

I love that exploration but am always worried I'm gonna get burned out.

Finally got to
Zora's domain
was there a correct way to beat the shrine that I missed? I just used a combo of stasis and bombs to awkward my way through. I'm not even sure what stop the boulders from falling.
sounds about like what i did. stasis bombed it off, waited for it to pinball around.. regular bombed it off the right angle and then stasis bashed it right before it fell off. super satisfying shrine IMO.

EDIT I HAVE 144 ARROWS

Damn I realized my right Joycon actually did need recalibration.

NOTE: Make sure you recalibrate your JoyCons if it at all feels off. That did wonders to my gyro aiming

Totakeke

there is no order. Most people seem to do Zora around that level though.

Also the combat shrines have 3 levels. minor, moderate, and major. You definitely can't handle moderate or major yet.

I beat a moderate combat test shrine before reaching Hateno village. There's a major combat test not too far from that either. It's definitely possible.

bumpkin

Yeah,
see which way the wind blows your torch and which directions the embers are going. Basically run and stop every once in a while. From that "checkpoint", start going left. Its not much further.
You do what you've been doing (Following the way the fire points) with your own torch.
Go slow and then if you see the fog coming go the other way quickly or it'll overtake you and reset. Follow the embers and wind. It isn't too far from the two torches.
Thanks, everyone! I'll follow your tips and make my way to the sword of evil's bane.

I've been hearing that you have to have so many heart containers to be able to pull the sword from its resting place, but I guess there is a shrine in the area too, so that'll give me a nice fast travel to return when I'm ready. :)

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Lost Woods, man. It's like survival horror in a Zelda game.

The Mule

Without giving any spoilers, can anyone tell me how the game progresses if it's so open once you leave the plateau?

If you can go anywhere in the world from the beginning, how do they handle progression of the main quest line? Or is there no story outside of, "Kill the final boss."?

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Without giving any spoilers, can anyone tell me how the game progresses if it's so open once you leave the plateau?

If you can go anywhere in the world from the beginning, how do they handle progression of the main quest line? Or is there no story outside of, "Kill the final boss."?

Open as all hell, but there are definite Main story quests that you can follow.

goldenpp72

Is there any better way to do the rock freezing/stabbing puzzles? I seem to always get the wrong angles, especially on korok puzzles its a big pain for me.

KarmaCow

Where can I find a Silver Lynel? It's the last thing I need for the compendium. I thought
there would be one in Hyrule Castle like the other Silver variants but the challenge rooms stopped with a White Maned Lynel

Kinsei

Banned

Each race has a major questline that furthers the story and most of them end with a dungeon just like in past Zelda games.

Where can I find a Silver Lynel? It's the last thing I need for the compendium. I thought
there would be one in Hyrule Castle like the other Silver variants but the challenge rooms stopped with a White Maned Lynel

i ran into it directly north of
the lost woods
its at the top center of the map/region.

I NOPED because that thing would have destroyed me

norm9

Oh boy. Beelining to
southwest divine beast.
Seems real natural how they point you in a direction without funneling you

Just finished a shrine inside a waterfall, I came out and theres some
electric dragon
. WTF lol

Also, how long does it usually storm for? I can't climb to where I want to go because its storming out.

Coda

Finally got past the beginning area of the game and wow it really does feel great once the game opens up. I'm finally free!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom