• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're one of my least favorite things about the game. The concept is great, telling the story by making the player find the places in photographs and experience flashbacks to fill in Link's memory. Just a great idea that fits the game perfectly. But all of the flashbacks I've found so far are just Zelda whining with bad voice acting and sometimes awkward moments because of Link's muteness, so...
Finish the game. Link's "muteness" as you call it is very much given reason/explained quite adequately. I love those flashback scenes after seeing them all.

Managed to stumble upon another Great Fairy but she wants 500 Rupees to be freed. Like c'mon.... ;_;

I'm somehow 80+ hrs in and only found the first one lol. But I'm suprisingly doing okay against black level enemies and even guardians so IDK if I need to find them right now. Still only 2 dungeons in, too.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm somehow 80+ hrs in and only found the first one lol. But I'm suprisingly doing okay against black level enemies and even guardians so IDK if I need to find them right now. Still only 2 dungeons in, too.
Finding 2 is the minimum you need to start unlocking set bonuses and those bonuses are really worth it. There are NPCs that direct you to at least 2 others. I can't remember if an NPC directs you to the other one or if it was just next to a side mission I was doing.

Finding 2 is the minimum you need to start unlocking set bonuses and those bonuses are really worth it. There are NPCs that direct you to at least 2 others. I can't remember if an NPC directs you to the other one or if it was just next to a side mission I was doing.

Weird the only fountain i've from npc so far was in Kakariko about the first one. Set bonus would be nice haha. I guess I'll just explore some ponds. I heard there is one in
Akala region
so I'll start there.

The various amiibo "hero" clothing sets should let you recolor them. Missed opportunity. I would have collected duplicates of OoT Link for classic Zora and Goron tunics.

Also, I wish you could get more than 3 weapon mounts. I want to keep one of each amiibo weapon.

jariw

I have a 1000+ arrows. Not important.

I found a great way to farm arrows, as there is this place with like 5 or 6 Bokoblins on horseback with bows. Just run around and avoid being hit, while collecting all the arrows they shoot. Took me no more than 20 minutes.

Isn't arrow farming disabled after 5 arrows shot (=no more to collect after that)? Is it different for bokoblins on horses?

Hi guys.

Where can I find
Hestu
?

I already found him twice randomly, now I have above 20 seeds which I want to redeem but can't find him in the first spot he was in. it's the only place I can remember seeing him honestly

zashga

Finally winding down on BotW... just trying to finish up a few more things. One of those things was fashion. Behold, my Link to the Past blue tunic cosplay (possible equipment spoilers):

http://i.imgur.com/cR7gbUH.jpg

With this, I'm ready to put down Ganon for the last time. It's been a blast.

I'm replaying it from the start and the buildup to the whole Zelda and Ganon thing is really well done. But knowing the ending now, the ending is so disappointing :/

They go on and on about Zelda fighting Ganon for 100 years and then she isn't even there and the whole credits cinematic barely mentions anything about it...

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Hi guys.

Where can I find
Hestu
?

I already found him twice randomly, now I have above 20 seeds which I want to redeem but can't find him in the first spot he was in. it's the only place I can remember seeing him honestly
He went where he said he was going,
home
. Think about where that would be.

Frodo

You know you've played a game a lot when you need to recharge your (Wii U) Pro Controller.

I don't even want to look at the logs.

Chinbo37

You know you've played a game a lot when you need to recharge your (Wii U) Pro Controller.

I don't even want to look at the logs.

Hah. I recently got a Wii U Pro controller. I charged it before starting BOTW. I am about 35/40 hours in with no recharge yet. :) Just waiting.

weekev

Banned
I'm sure this has been answered numerous times already in the 2 OTs but is there a way to get a wolf companion without an Amiibo? Do I just feed one some steak?

derFeef

I started the game with minimal hud option and videos with the full hud look really werid to me now. Like what is all that information, haha.

kromeo

Hi guys.

Where can I find
Hestu
?

Head north to the lost woods, in the same area you found him the second time.
There's a shrine right next to him so you can teleport back whenever

:( ok, will consider another Amiibo to the collection, it is a pretty cool Amiibo I guess, don't really need it for the game though so probably a waste of money.

Turns out Wolf Link is super useful for resource hunting. Only found out today that he'll track down whatever your Sheikah Slate senses, making it a easier to find things.

xviper

what should i do with the ancient parts ?? i upgraded my sensor once, is there another upgrade or should i sell the parts ?

Mediking

Robbie and the Akkala Lab can burn in hell. Robbie, his wife, and his wannabe wife all made a cool first impression with me. Then Robbie dropped a quest. Struggled to do the quest but I managed to barely complete it.

Then Robbie has the balls to charge 2,000 Rupees for EACH piece of a cool looking costume?! Go to hell! Like really?! Wow!

I know I keep moaning about how expensive stuff costs but I just gotta vent about that. I sprinted outta that damm lab so fast.

Robbie and the Akkala Lab can burn in hell. Robbie, his wife, and his wannabe wife all made a cool first impression with me. Then Robbie dropped a quest. Struggled to do the quest but I managed to barely complete it.

Then Robbie has the balls to charge 2,000 Rupees for EACH piece of a cool looking costume?! Go to hell! Like really?! Wow!

I know I keep moaning about how expensive stuff costs but I just gotta vent about that. I sprinted outta that damm lab so fast.
Honestly it's really easy to scrounge up a few thousand rupees, even without mini-game farming.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars

The armor makes you look lame as hell tho...

I hate that armor, especially the helmet, but you can't deny its effectiveness. I will say that 2000 rupees might seem like a lot right now, but she it's absolute chump change after not too long. I have 30,000 rupees right now just from selling all my monster parts.

I really only wear the leggings because they're the best there is.

On an unrelated note: very very very disappointed you can't upgrade the
Dark Link
you get. I was absolutely stoked and then immediately deflated. Kilton was right, it's definitely just a costume.

KorrZ

The progression when you go from being terrified of the Guardians to just hunting them for parts...glorious.

I ran around Hyrule Castle field yesterday just slaughtering them.

The combination of parrying their beams + learning that the Master Sword can chop off their legs stun locking them makes any single Guardian a piece of cake

eosos

Banned
what should i do with the ancient parts ?? i upgraded my sensor once, is there another upgrade or should i sell the parts ?
Keep them. There's
an armor set that requires ancient parts to upgrade/buy. You can also exchange for weapons.

Jazzem

The progression when you go from being terrified of the Guardians to just hunting them for parts...glorious.

I ran around Hyrule Castle field yesterday just slaughtering them.

The combination of parrying their beams + learning that the Master Sword can chop off their legs stun locking them makes any single Guardian a piece of cake

It's such a satisfying sense of progression! It reminds me of how the time cycle in Majora's Mask is initially daunting, then over time you're able to deal with it more effectively to the point it becomes trivial in the late game.

robochimp

It's part of the games progression, just keep on exploring and you'll be able to afford things.

Kamina

Golden Boy
It's such a satisfying sense of progression! It reminds me of how the time cycle in Majora's Mask is initially daunting, then over time you're able to deal with it more effectively to the point it becomes trivial in the late game.
Very similar but with MM it still can create intense moments late game. For example when you are doing the graveyard quest where you enter a new grave every night, and you end up fighting a Big Poe while the timer is going toward midnight.

Jazzem

Very similar but with MM it still can create intense moments late game. For example when you are doing the graveyard quest where you enter a new grave every night, and you end up fighting a Big Poe while the timer is going toward midnight.

Oh aye certainly, in a sense it's similar to how having several guardian reticules on you in BotW is still daunting. The threat is always there, it's just lessened over time with experience and better tools to deal with it. I

Also, in MM
that house of skulltulas that you won't get the reward from for not clearing it by the 3rd day will always be an annoying beginner's trap :'D

What order did you complete the dungeons in?

Myself and two other friends all went
Zora, Gerudo, Rito, Goron
and I'm wondering if this is a weird coincidence or if the game is designed in such a way that it nudges but doesn't force you to do them in that order.

xviper

i just got out of that huge maze next to the lab

i got Great flameblade, barbarian helm and diamond circlet, anything else i have missed ??

Jazzem

What order did you complete the dungeons in?

Myself and two other friends all went
Zora, Gerudo, Rito, Goron
and I'm wondering if this is a weird coincidence or if the game is designed in such a way that it nudges but doesn't force you to do them in that order.

I did
Gerudo, Rito, Goron and then Zora
. I got into a weird habit of procrastinating on the dungeons, so every time I came across the start of one I'd put it off for later! Might explain my bizarre order...

Holy hell the white lynel dropped a single handled sword rated 100 with Attack Up +42

This must be the strongest sword in the game? He was a tough sob to beat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom