• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT2| It's 98 All Over Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiibomb

I had yesterday a fight with a
fire keese
near the ranch and, hoooooly shit, it was intense.

I need more battles like that

EDIT: to be honest I don't know if it was really a
fire keese
, I just got a
fire rod
after defeating it and a bunch of
fire keese
materials

EDIT2: sorry it was a
wizzrobe

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Zero²;231832407 said:
I'm so afraid I'll end up losing my horse :mad:

Beware, it can happen at anytime! Horsie just caught a stray arrow and keeled over :( I guess he took a few too many shots earlier on.

I grieved for a while. Then I found myself a 4/4/5 black horse.

kunonabi

So I've made no attempts to go after the dungeons let alone further story pass being able to activate memories and I ended up stumbling on from the completely wrong direction. I think I missed a cutscene because of it but oh well.

Before starting the dungeon I think at the moment the shrines are my biggest sticking point so far. Before I started the game I didn't really care for the concept, then the game started tweaking and playing around with them which lifted my opinion of them greatly, and now I've actually soured on them a bit after recent developments. Quite the rollercoaster of emotions right now.

Are the amiibo exclusive weapons part of the compendium? They seem a million times more rare than the costume pieces to me.

jonno394

"I'd easily give this game a ten. This is 10/10. Easiest 10 of all time. Drop those frames all you want. I'll eat it like soup. I want to play more of it." - Kyle Bosman on Zelda BotW

untitled1o2yc04kjnd.gif

Is that in the newest podcast?

I had yesterday a fight with a
fire keese
near the ranch and, hoooooly shit, it was intense.

I need more battles like that

EDIT: to be honest I don't know if it was really a
fire keese
, I just got a
fire rod
after defeating it and a bunch of
fire keese
materials

You mean a
wizzrobe
right?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
So how does one shield surf? I forgot that was even possible and not sure what button to hit to activate.

emb

Is the
Shine of Courage
near Faron Tower?
I'm pretty sure it is, yeah. I actually don't remember what Faron town is, but it's down that way, in the Faron area.

More details, though I don't know how to describe it well:
Near the foresty areas, there's a misty section that's kinda lowered down. I think it's a little north of the forests of Faron (assuming Faron is that south east region <.<).

dreamfall

I'm probably a good 30 hours in, feeling like this may be the most incredible open world game I've ever been fortunate to play.

I don't feel any rush to complete anything, just to explore freely and figure out secrets in the world. Hell, I hope I finish the Main Quest because I really think just trying to uncover more and more of the map is breathtaking. I love that the Switch launched with this.

AmyS

IT'S BEEN A WEEK...

And I've still only completed 1 story dungeon. Damn.

(BotW needs its "Majora's Mask" side-story sequel using existing engine assets PRONTO)

Yes indeed it does. I wonder what kind of resources Nintendo would need to do this.

BotW took roughly ~5 years to make. Could a sequel be done in maybe ~3 years?

jonno394

IT'S BEEN A WEEK...

And I've still only completed 1 story dungeon. Damn.

(BotW needs its "Majora's Mask" side-story sequel using existing engine assets PRONTO)

I haven't even started one. 17 shrines, about 60 korok seeds and I've only made my way to Kakariko village. Really need to either up my pace or learn to play this along side other games.

Kinsei

Banned
I just finished my third dungeon (Gerudo). That was the best one yet and the boss was leagues better than the bosses of the Goron and Zora dungeons. All I have left to do is the Rito dungeon and then I'm off to find all the shrines (I currently have about 80 completed).

emb

I didn't know how much I needed this until right now.

The idea of Nintendo releasing a console Zelda just two years after the previous one is so far gone now that SS and BotW both took full generations.

Dartastic

I did not know that Wolf Link could
find shrines
. Make life so much easier!

I also read that there are 120 shrines in this game. Is that true? I've done about 40 of them and am about 50 hours in.

Man, I got a long way to go.
I'm going to be using him more then, because sometimes that shrine radar is a pain in the ass. Which story branch did you guys do first? I'm about to do my first one I think. Zora. :)

shiyrley

Banned
Is anyone getting random crashes when putting the console to sleep while in the dock playing Zelda? I have gotten two so far. I lock the console and when I come back I find out the console crashed because the console's screen is on, while in the dock. And I am greeted by this:

Mind you, I have played an absurd amount of hours of Zelda while in the dock and I never turn the console off since I got it. And it has only happened two times. But has anyone else gotten this? It's only while entering sleep mode while in the dock.

While we are talking about shield surfing, I did it for the first time this morning off the top of Mt. Lanayru.

Omg. It's more fun than I thought it would be. Controls pretty nicely, too. But then again, nearly everything in this game controls nicely.

Ogodei

Yes agreed! I wonder will the next Zelda game have this scale and budget? I hope so it certainly paid of for Nintendo. I hope it reaches 7-8m in sales just like OoT and TP best case would be 10m that would be a cool achievement.

The next Zelda game will probably be a 2D thing like Link Between Worlds.

I know Reggie just said "1 franchise per console," but given that you're down to one console anyway, might as well do two for the franchises that have two distinct flavors, like Mario and Zelda (well, Mario's more up to three distinct flavors now that "exploration versus course clear" is a distinction among 3D Mario games).

Kinsei

Banned
I'm going to be using him more then, because sometimes that shrine radar is a pain in the ass. Which story branch did you guys do first? I'm about to do my first one I think. Zora. :)

I did Zora first, then Goron, then Gerudo. There was a nice difficulty progression doing them in that order.

rrs

anyone know where I can get some heat resistant crafting items/gear if the path I take leads goes to things that can 1 shot me. Are those icy bat wings a possible thing to use for it?

The next Zelda game will probably be a 2D thing like Link Between Worlds.

I know Reggie just said "1 franchise per console," but given that you're down to one console anyway, might as well do two for the franchises that have two distinct flavors, like Mario and Zelda (well, Mario's more up to three distinct flavors now that "exploration versus course clear" is a distinction among 3D Mario games).
When did Reggie say that? I hope that doesn't apply to all Nintendo series, Zelda and others. Would be a really a shame if we only get on Fire Emblem on Switch, for example.

Stalwart

I definitely think Rito is meant to be the first in the "intended order" it seems like the easiest one that I've played.

There's no way that Zora isn't meant to be first: it's the closest, has NPCs screaming at you when you get in the general area and the power up is best for early game.

I definitely think Rito is meant to be the first in the "intended order" it seems like the easiest one that I've played.

I'd say Rito or Zora. Though Zora is the closest to where you'll likely be if you're just going through the story, and I can't help but feel the Rito ability would break the sequence of getting to Zora's Domain the first time

AdanVC

I am trying, buy switch is almost 1k dollars here in brazil, Zelda almost 100 dollars.

I feel you. Switch here in Mexico is expensive as hell too. So much that I had to skip it and buy the Wii U version of BotW instead. So far so good I just hope the framedrops later in the game don't ruin the experience.

Fandangox

I found a good spot to farm arrows, at the very southern edge of the map, in some plain fields there's about 4-5 bokoblins riders, they will all start shooting arrows at you, just do some good ol wild west bullet dancing and pick the arrows as they miss. Went from 12 arrows to 70 in about a minute.

I just finished my third dungeon (Gerudo). That was the best one yet and the boss was leagues better than the bosses of the Goron and Zora dungeons. All I have left to do is the Rito dungeon and then I'm off to find all the shrines (I currently have about 80 completed).

I did Gerudo and Rito as my 3rd and 4th dungeons. Gerudo is easily the best dungeon in the game, but the Rito one is by far the easiest, and also has the easiest boss fight.

dickroach

Divine Beast Vah Medoh is a joke.

yeah, the pre-beast mission, the dungeon, and the boss were all stupid easy.
the Rito village should have been put where Zora's Domain was, considering it's the closest beast to Kakariko, and most people end up going there first (or wherever you are when the game points out the main quest to you... I think it was Kakariko).

emb

When did Reggie say that? I hope that doesn't apply to all Nintendo series, Zelda and others. Would be a really a shame if we only get on Fire Emblem on Switch, for example.
He said it when asked about Smash Bros.

I don't think it's something to read too much into.

JeTmAn81

Now I'm imagining an epic battle with a single fire keese. Probably just swinging a torch at it over and over, watching the torch catch on fire and burn to a crisp. Then he burns your wooden shield.

Timeaisis

There's no way that Zora isn't meant to be first: it's the closest, has NPCs screaming at you when you get in the general area and the power up is best for early game.

Yeah, agreed. I naturally found it. Also, after 30+ hours of playing I still have
no idea where Rito village is.
Well, that's not true, it's on the map, of course. But I mean like I have not naturally explored that area at all. Zora I naturally explored first. It's right next to Lanayru.

Now I'm imagining an epic battle with a single fire keese. Probably just swinging a torch at it over and over, watching the torch catch on fire and burn to a crisp. Then he burns your wooden shield.

I had an epic battle with a single fire keese because he kept making me drop my weapons only for me to pick them up and immediately drop them again.. Lol I hate electric enemies so much.

Yeah I guess that makes sense, I did Zora first too. Rito felt easier overall though. But this game is nonlinear so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Edzi

The Gerudo boss was kind of bullshit btw. Dodging those attacks was annoying as hell and he hit like a truck, plus he takes so many hits that my Master Sword actually ran out of energy. Still, he was probably the best Divine Beast boss in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom