• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

thanks... you are not talking about the one surrounded by ice water right?
I will take a look; my sensor starts beeping once I moved east from the very
top left
shrine on the map

No it's not surrounded by ice water. I haven't explored much of Hebra yet, the shrine I'm talking about is in the
top left corner
I think, if my memory serves me right. It's not far from another shrine at the foot of the mountain that is "guarded" by a Lynel. Also close to the maze/labyrinth.

Loading screen will show you overall totals for stuff like shrines and koroks.

Funny how I never noticed that. And I hate the loading in this game, I'm always impatiently mashing buttons hoping it would end faster, lol. Turns out I have 107 korok seeds and 53 shrines or so, that's at 120 hours... How am I doing? :p

Anson225

I found exploring the visible bodies of water on the map in the Hebra Mountains greatly helped me find shrines in the area.

No it's not surrounded by ice water. I haven't explored much of Hebra yet, the shrine I'm talking about is in the
top left corner
I think, if my memory serves me right. It's not far from another shrine at the foot of the mountain that is "guarded" by a Lynel. Also close to the maze/labyrinth.

Thanks guys, will give it a try

dEvAnGeL

for those that have finished the game, is there more cutscenes aside from the memories you pick up? No spoilers please, just a yes many more, a yes or a no would do just fine, thanks.

H3xum

So the way I have been playing the game is I ran around and opened up the entire map and went to shrines I found in between. I am finally getting into the mainline stuff, but, I have a question, do the stones exist as a big ticket item to sell for rupees or do they have some other use? upgrading equipment or something?

How do you guys make money?

Anson225

So the way I have been playing the game is I ran around and opened up the entire map and went to shrines I found in between. I am finally getting into the mainline stuff, but, I have a question, do the stones exist as a big ticket item to sell for rupees or do they have some other use? upgrading equipment or something?

besides selling, for upgrading yes.
i make rupees by selling stones

H3xum

besides selling, for upgrading yes.
i make rupees by selling stones

Are those vendors that let you upgrade stuff with the stones part of the main quest? i.e. either in Rito Village, Zora, etc etc?

Don't have to tell me which one, just want to know if that's why I haven't bumped into them yet

Fliesen

Are those vendors that let you upgrade stuff with the stones part of the main quest? i.e. either in Rito Village, Zora, etc etc?

Don't have to tell me which one, just want to know if that's why I haven't bumped into them yet

they're not really 'vendors' but something more ... uhm ...
magical
. There's side quests in multiple locations that kinda push you towards finding such locations. - the earliest would be in
Kakariko.
I used to just sell whatever surplus i had beyond 50 pieces of any specific mineral.

That should be enough to upgrade certain helpful armor sets.
Diamonds are only used for one item that is pretty useless - so feel free to sell them, as they're very valuable.

VPhys

One thing I regret is I feel I really mismanaged money in the game. I finished with over 9K rupees and probably the equivalent amount in diamonds, amber etc (if not more). Initially in the game I was selling some of my ancient parts not knowing how useful those were later in the game. I began to horde stones in the hopes of using them to upgrade armor or for other purposes I was not aware of. In the end I was so powerful I didn't even need anything beyond my current setup.

But I guess that's the nature of the beast. You kind of don't know what you will need later and what you can sell now.

Red

they're not really 'vendors' but something more ... uhm ...
magical
. There's side quests in multiple locations that kinda push you towards finding such locations. - the earliest would be in
Kakariko.
I used to just sell whatever surplus i had beyond 50 pieces of any specific mineral.

That should be enough to upgrade certain helpful armor sets.
Diamonds are only used for one item that is pretty useless - so feel free to sell them, as they're very valuable.
It's best not to describe landmarks as "early" or "later" in BotW. The Kakariko fountain was the last one I found. I stumbled onto it completely by accident, on my way to somewhere else.

I read a tip somewhere (I think GameFAQs) that a good way to make money is to sell specific meals. Like​ 5 prime meats cooked together sells for 200+ rupees. 5 gourmet meats in a dish goes for almost 500 I think. And meat is easy to farm and collect, and it's better/more cost effective to use Hearty foods for health recovery. Any cooked single hearty item will fully restore your health (and then some). I started doing that recently and have been able to afford anything I want to buy... my bottleneck for upgrades now is ancient gear items.

I never sell stones except Amber, cause I don't think that's used for anything.

taybul

I read a tip somewhere (I think GameFAQs) that a good way to make money is to sell specific meals. Like​ 5 prime meats cooked together sells for 200+ rupees. 5 gourmet meats in a dish goes for almost 500 I think. And meat is easy to farm and collect, and it's better/more cost effective to use Hearty foods for health recovery. Any cooked single hearty item will fully restore your health (and then some). I started doing that recently and have been able to afford anything I want to buy... my bottleneck for upgrades now is ancient gear items.

I never sell stones except Amber, cause I don't think that's used for anything.

Why do you keep the others? I always keep some minimum number of each just in case but I haven't really found a use for them yet. Not too far into the game either (only finished one beast so far).

Do yourself a favor and do the feather first, you'll need to know how to handle your horse for the next one.

It's not just a bridle, you get the extravagant set from the jumping course: Bridle and saddle. It's nifty and looks like something from a circus. I had a much harder time with the archery course. For me: Controlling a horse is easy, hitting the targets, not so much. You'll also get a bridle and saddle from the archery course.

I just wish the game had a horse race course. The landscape is begging for a cross country chase with check points.

nakedeyes

Banned
Tried searching a bunch, and couldn't find anything, but does anyone know if we have any new info on when the DLC might come out? I really want to start a 2nd Hard Mode 100% play through ( minus the Seeds of course! ).

I am guessing I couldn't find anything because there isn't any new info..

Why do you keep the others? I always keep some minimum number of each just in case but I haven't really found a use for them yet. Not too far into the game either (only finished one beast so far).

Just in case they're needed​ for some upgrades or a side quest or something. I used to sell anything over 100, but then I read someone say anything over 200 is safe to sell so I started doing that, although it's probably excessive but I'm not hurting for money. There is literally nothing I want/need to buy or upgrade right now that I can't afford due to rupee shortage. I even bought
the house and did all the upgrades for it.
If I do find myself short on rupees and I don't have another easy way to make money (like selling cooked meat) then I'll consider selling stones... But if I don't need to why should I? I have also only finished one Divine Beast so far (and now almost at the second).

Stainless

Tried searching a bunch, and couldn't find anything, but does anyone know if we have any new info on when the DLC might come out? I really want to start a 2nd Hard Mode 100% play through ( minus the Seeds of course! ).

I am guessing I couldn't find anything because there isn't any new info..

dlc page in eshop says DLC1 in August and DLC2 in December

Got a Switch, restarted the game on that now after 40 hours on the WiiU version.

Firstly, the graphical improvement may only be in resolution but damn does it look good on Switch. Performance is a lot smoother too.
Downside is mainly that playing in portable mode isn't as comfortable on the hands as the WiiU gamepad but again, the bump in screen quality alone makes up for it.

Other than, after leaving the Great Plateau I've tried to mix things up and not go the exact route I did last time. Actually tamed a horse this time too. Pink with white splotches. I named it Strawberry then did an obstacle course/race that I didn't even know was in the game.

So I just finished the game and have a question. Spoilers for the ending ofcourse

Why are the ancient enemies still attacking you? I was under the impression as soon as you bring down Ganon there will be peace again? Weird how you can do the boss fight again too would loved to see the castle as just a peacfull place... Is it worth visiting towns now Ganon is defeated or arent there any after game dialogus like with the 4 people to talk to?

Pokemaniac

So I just finished the game and have a question. Spoilers for the ending ofcourse

Why are the ancient enemies still attacking you? I was under the impression as soon as you bring down Ganon there will be peace again? Weird how you can do the boss fight again too would loved to see the castle as just a peacfull place... Is it worth visiting towns now Ganon is defeated or arent there any after game dialogus like with the 4 people to talk to?

When you load your save file after beating the game, what you're loading is your last save before the final boss fight with a few extra flags set which enable post-game content. There is no way to actually play the game in a state where Ganon has been defeated.

When you load your save file after beating the game, what you're loading is your last save before the final boss fight with a few extra flags set which enable post-game content. There is no way to actually play the game in a state where Ganon has been defeated.

Well that is kind of a bummer after this masterpiece of a game :( Sounds stupid but I really looked forward too talking to Zelda etc. Now that the peace has returned...

With Gabon dead, where would the monsters come from...
Dunno really... Like they could make it so that monsters don't dissapear but with Ganon gone you take control back over the castle.. Maybe I just missed that part of the game but I always thought that once defeated there was some kind of peace back at the castle

Anteo

Dunno really... Like they could make it so that monsters don't dissapear but with Ganon gone you take control back over the castle.. Maybe I just missed that part of the game but I always thought that once defeated there was some kind of peace back at the castle

I think it would be a nightmare to plan a game with ganon defeated, because the beasts and its quests depend on ganon being alive. Since its possible to defeat ganon before taming any of the divine beats If you kill ganon then you would have to design content around not having solved a beast but having ganon defeated. It would be doable but seems like they took the easier way, not having a ganonless world

Seems I'm in the minority on this one haha.

Didnt even know you could defeat ganon without the beasts. That's crazy! A well, it was a fun ride and a great experience to the Switch

ReBirFh

I wonder how the DLC will be implemented. If it will be separate or integrated in the overworld.

I think Nintendo will make Zelda playable (to shut up all the people asking for linkle/female link)
inside Ganon's mind or something like that,
to more or less show what she has been doing in those 100 years.

Or a 5 part dungeon with Zelda and the 4 champions, prior to their defeat.

Yo, whos done the shrine where
Everything is pitch black dark
. That was awesome, reminded me of
Dragon's Dogma at night

I swear people that the overworld itself is one giant dungeon with multiple secrets to find.

ReBirFh

Yo, whos done the shrine where
Everything is pitch black dark
. That was awesome, reminded me of
Dragon's Dogma at night

I swear people that the overworld itself is one giant dungeon with multiple secrets to find.

I thought I was going to find the
MS
there. It really caught me off guard as I wasn't expecting to
fight a Hinox
and it was also
the first one that I fought

Word of warning for those selling off the precious gems, there are certain upgrades to equipment that will need Amber, and Diamonds as well. If you have over like 10 Diamonds its probably ok to sell, but its much easier to sell off things like extra costume pieces (from amiibo), cooked meats and other random junk you may not need. Monster parts especially in huge quantities aren't too bad either.

Once you finish upgrading them (and you'll know when that is) it should be fine to sell, but i've been hoarding all of my stuff.

Now Star Fragments, that's another whole story. why are these things so insanely rare.

EDIT: Oh yeah, can we talk about how many bricks we shat when we saw a monster use another monster as a weapon for the first time? A Lizalfos picked up a Pebblit and I screamed out loud and then I witnessed a Moblin pick up a Bokoblin twice now after not seeing them do this in the first 100 hours I played

ReBirFh

Word of warning for those selling off the precious gems, there are certain upgrades to equipment that will need Amber, and Diamonds as well. If you have over like 10 Diamonds its probably ok to sell, but its much easier to sell off things like extra costume pieces (from amiibo), cooked meats and other random junk you may not need. Monster parts especially in huge quantities aren't too bad either.

Once you finish upgrading them (and you'll know when that is) it should be fine to sell, but i've been hoarding all of my stuff.

Now Star Fragments, that's another whole story. why are these things so insanely rare.

EDIT: Oh yeah, can we talk about how many bricks we shat when we saw a monster use another monster as a weapon for the first time? A Lizalfos picked up a Pebblit and I screamed out loud and then I witnessed a Moblin pick up a Bokoblin twice now after not seeing them do this in the first 100 hours I played

None of those things happened to me but a Hinox threw a leglees guardian at me once.

Firenze1

Banned

Star fragments drops every night at full moon.

Koren

Not sure if it's the same one you're looking for, but there is one that can only be seen from a high vantage point on the mountain looking back down. It's like "underground" and can be seen from cracks/gaps in the ice.
There's a quest to find this one, though, unless I'm mistaken. A really cleverly designed one, in fact.

my sensor starts beeping once I moved east from the very
top left
shrine on the map
Took me some time to find this one, but it was kinda double reward. Just keep exploring (actually, there's someone that tells you where it is: the one that
offers you the surfing minigame
)

Star fragments drops every night at full moon.
If they fall behind a mountain, you're out of luck, though. It's hard to farm them.

Koren

for those that have finished the game, is there more cutscenes aside from the memories you pick up? No spoilers please, just a yes many more, a yes or a no would do just fine, thanks.
Yes, there are, although not many... I don't think it's a spoiler, but those are
story-related
, and I doubt you can miss them without knowing you miss things.

sazzy

Dunno if anyone has noticed but on the Australian Wii U eShop, the release dates for DLC1 and DLC2 are 8/2017 and 12/2017 respectively.

I'm really hoping they introduce a significant new region to explore in the second DLC.

sazzy

Farming dragon parts for upgrades is really a pain. Way worse then star fragments.

Really?

For Farosh and Dinraal:
Farosh:
Go to the top of Riola Spring/Lake in Faron. Use campfire to advance time to morning. Farosh will spawn right next to you. Time your jump off the cliff and hit whatever part you need in slow-mo.

Dinraal:
Same method.

Spawns at dinosaur skeleton north of Death Mountain,
every morning.

This one has a tendency to stop spawning after 3 or 4 times.

I'm sitting on about 30 horns combined lol.

F!ReW!Re

This game really is THE textbook example for:

I'm headed to a goal and keep getting distracted by everything along the way.
I constantly see new sights or enemies or shrines or towers or items or ... or ... or ....
What starts out as a straight point A to point B type of deal will take multiple hours because I keep seeing stuff I would like to explore.

Absolutely loving it so far!

sazzy

Lots of stuff in DLC 1! I'm excited.

I'm going to find what Korok seeds I can, and then use the Korok mask to find the rest.

watershed

Banned
If anyone still has any doubts about how great the music is in BOTW, listen to the full track for the King:
https://youtu.be/rzQOtK16fhA

It is stunning. Even with the clear nod to ALTTP, the music sounds completely fresh and unlike anything in a past Zelda soundtrack in orchestration or texture.

If anyone still has any doubts about how great the music is in BOTW, listen to the full track for the King:
https://youtu.be/rzQOtK16fhA

It is stunning. Even with the clear nod to ALTTP, the music sounds completely fresh and unlike anything in a past Zelda soundtrack in orchestration or texture.
This is the best Zelda soundtrack I can remember. All of the "lul wut music" shit opinions really lose the poignancy of Kataoka's work.

Rhoam's theme, Riding (Day & Night), Vah Medoh and Vah Ruta's themes, the desert at night... all absolutely gorgeous. The shrine music is alien and exciting, the mini-boss themes are wonderful...

I really can't put into words how exciting it is that Nintendo took the direction they did for Zelda, and that Aonuma is on record for doubling down and saying this is the future of the franchise.

Anustart

Fighting lynels has to be the fucking worst thing in the game. With a 60 atk weapon it's just stupidly long and boring. I'm sure even if I had a 400 atk weapon it would take too long.

This is the best Zelda soundtrack I can remember. All of the "lul wut music" shit opinions really lose the poignancy of Kataoka's work.

Rhoam's theme, Riding (Day & Night), Vah Medoh and Vah Ruta's themes, the desert at night... all absolutely gorgeous. The shrine music is alien and exciting, the mini-boss themes are wonderful...

I really can't put into words how exciting it is that Nintendo took the direction they did for Zelda, and that Aonuma is on record for doubling down and saying this is the future of the franchise.
The score was co-composed. It's give
Yasuaki Iwata some credit as well.

They both did a good job.

Top Bottom