• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm sure this has been posted already, but interesting for those still playing: this thread of Tristan Cooper's discoveries while playing the game. There's some very interesting and hilarious stuff in there. The amount of detail Nintendo put in this game is insane. I scrolled through everything again and there were some I missed in his feed, like big rain puddles evaporating when the sun comes out again.

A recent discovery is that you can parry the bokoblins Moblins throw at you lol

jchap

So late game spoiler (I guess)
there's shrines inside Hyrule Castle huh... If there's at least 3 that should pad my numbers close to 120

The location of the bandana if memory serves is
on one of the the Twin Shrines, where the mountain is cut in half

The archeologist also leads you to the statue at daylight.

There is only one

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I'm sitting at 103 shrines completed right now, and my current fascination is the fact that there is an item I know I'm missing
The climbing headgear
that I know from seeing tweets/posts that many players have gotten early in the game. However, I do not have this item, despite being very far into the game, which means I know it's one of those 17 remaining Shrines.

It's been a real test of my will power to avoid using guides, or the Sheikah Sensor, to find it, which I sort of appreciate. It speaks to the non-linear nature of the game: seeing other people with it creates a strong incentive to find it, but yet I also don't want to betray the "individuality" of the experience by actively finding out where it's located.

My guess it that it's the prize for the Fort Hateno shrine quest, but I've never been able to figure out where that cursed statue is, so if that's the case I'm going to need to investigate further.

I know this because I just watched both my kids ace this shrine early on and I missed it completely. If you want to know, it's the
third duelling peaks one - not either memory one. 'timing is critical'
. I'm trying to remember to go back there to complete the set but I haven't had a chance to play all day now my kids discovered it :/

Apt101

Fairies work automatically, right? Haven't died since grabbing some to find out.

This soldier's armor upgraded twice is nice. I finally feel like I don't have to run from many fights, and with some food even ready to knuckle up with some of the larger enemies. I'm probably going to die pathetically in my next big fight but at least I'm not going in scared!

I'm sitting at over 40 hours in and I see five regions I have not been to yet, and one I spent a little time in but didn't get the tower. Woof. I may never finish this game.

Edit: one of my best buds managed to find a Switch and hates the game. After discussing it with him, he's ready to sell his Switch. :/ So if he doesn't find a buyer and anyone reading this needs a Switch for someone, let me know via PM and I'll try to make it happen. It's a basic grey model, no neon.

TheJoRu

I would've loved hidden dungeons though. Especially if you heard rumors about them like a shrine quest or something. Imagine bombing a wall and finding the entrance to an underground temple.

Definitely! I would've loved to just stumble upon a main dungeon like that. Of course you could have people in the area mentioning it and all that, but also open up the possibility of you not even being aware that there would be a dungeon here.

This is gonna sound weird, but they wouldn't really have to be these perfectly designed spaces where every single space was meticulously crafted with puzzles and challenges. I would've loved them to feel like natural parts of the world, meaning they are built for exploration. You'd have puzzles in them here and there, sure, and maybe some cool extra mechanic or idea specific to that place, but the point is to not make the player go into some kind of "I'm doing a dungeon now"-mode; instead they're just exploring as if they were out in the overworld, with it being easy to just warp out of there if they decide that "I'm gonna explore more of this place later". At the end you'd obviously have a big unique boss with all the kinds of rewards you'd expect and it benefitting you in the main quest, but it wouldn't be this dramatically different experience.

Because I kinda dislike this thing, where the main quest and everything else is so separated. BotW gets so close to nailing it. In a way it does because everything is optional and everything you do is in some way beneficial in terms of your main goal: fighting Ganon. You don't need to do the Divine Beasts. But obviously I want to do them, and so when I decide to do one of them it's like I'm taking a break from everything else. I enter a "we're doing the main quest now"-mode, because I don't really stumble into a main quest in the way one can stumble into a side quest or a shrine quest just by exploring.

The game is one of my favourite games ever made as is, but in terms of executing on their main vision they were for me just this one thing away from perfection.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Okay, so I have a problem. So Kass
doesn't return to his village? I did all of his quests (all 8 of them) and his daughters' quest. I have all the Shrines. I cleared all of the Shrines before I found one of his shrine quests, if that matters.
Help?

Anyone?

xviper

today i drank 4 cups of coffee so i can play the game

god damn it it's so fucking addictive i can't stop playing, even when i take food break or go to the bathroom, i think about the game, where to go next, what quests will i do

what did nintendo do with this game ?? there is addicting magic in it

i got the game at the perfect time, this week i have a vacation so that's why i'm playing more than 15 hours a day

1upsuper

Question about the endgame area:
Will the equipment exclusive to Hyrule Castle, the strong low-durability knight gear, ever respawn? I kinda used that stuff haphazardly and now I don't know if I'll ever get more. I guess throughout my playthrough I never figured out if equipment respawns.

I have a question regarding the
Master Sword
, I can't get it to power up again. I have waited a lot longer that 10 mins and still nothing. Any ideas?

Jazzem

I'm sure this has been posted already, but interesting for those still playing: this thread of Tristan Cooper's discoveries while playing the game. There's some very interesting and hilarious stuff in there. The amount of detail Nintendo put in this game is insane. I scrolled through everything again and there were some I missed in his feed, like big rain puddles evaporating when the sun comes out again.

Thanks for that, I'd seen a few of these before but man there's some gems there. The Link cooking animations are so delightful :D

Boney

Banned
Question about the endgame area:
Will the equipment exclusive to Hyrule Castle, the strong low-durability knight gear, ever respawn? I kinda used that stuff haphazardly and now I don't know if I'll ever get more. I guess throughout my playtrough I never figured out if equipment respawns.
Monsters can spawn with them it seems.

On that note, they're pretty underwhelming huh?

quabba

How do I do the Kass stuff? I've met him at stables where he sings a song, and then I found him at a shrine after I had done the puzzle, but I have no idea why people love him or what his questions is.

xviper

Frost Talus is really annoying, the crystal is on his back so you must jump and attack and you can't climb on him, and you always need to melt him because he'll freeze you

Apt101

How do I do the Kass stuff? I've met him at stables where he sings a song, and then I found him at a shrine after I had done the puzzle, but I have no idea why people love him or what his questions is.

He's out in the wilderness in places. Open world environment puzzles. You just have to find him.

Edit: lightning crashes, iron-armored Link die-eee-iees.

So here I am debating wether I should buy that deluxe Guide which is supposed to come out in 2 more days.

47.99 when I am only just missing shrines an dKorok seeds and that info I can get online.

ciD_Vain

Frost Talus is really annoying, the crystal is on his back so you must jump and attack and you can't climb on him, and you always need to melt him because he'll freeze you
It is annoying but still didn't stand a chance against Revali's Gail + Savage Lynel Bow 5-Shot Burst Bomb Arrows.

A recent discovery is that you can parry the bokoblins Moblins throw at you lol

SERIOUSLY how can anyone say this is not the greatest game ever??? HOW? Just look at that shit! The attention to detail in this game is unparalleled!

Had a super productive session last night. Played for about 6 hours, found 30+ Korok seeds, 3 new shrines and a new memory. Saw a bunch of new places I didnt think existed and all of those adventures started with "I wonder if I can go there". Got a ton of great loot too.

I also realized I have barely explored any of Mount Floria or the north eastern parts of Faron at all. Maybe some of the last shrines are there. I am excited that I have so much uncovered land this late in the game.

The Kah Okeo Shrine owns.

Has anybody made a list of the most "dungeon"-like shrines? I've run into a couple and they're always a very pleasant surprise...

Cut down a tree outside the shrine on the cliff facing Tarrey Town. I stasis-hit the shit out of it, jumped on the end and cleared the large gap, landing right at Tarrey town's entrance gate. :)

Hit over 105 hours played today. Got all 120 shrines and the reward, found all the memories, finished another Divine Beast (only the Goron one left) and upgraded a bunch of armor.

Going to focus on upgrading more armor and completing side quests now before I do the final Divine Beast and go after Ganon.

It was a fun weekend playing.

Chinbo37

Man I just checked the amiibo outfit unlocks. I am super anti amiibo and would never get one but that gear is amazing.

I wish I could just buy it as dlc. :(

Silvard

diamonds sell for about 500
Each luminous stone sells for 70 each, sooo...

I've seen this mentioned a couple of times but what's farming route for the islands off the northeast coast? I tried exploring them but I didn't see that many veins.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
heard that selling them was better than converting to diamonds - yay or nay?

Correct. The former are 70 rupees each time, which is 700 for 10, but converting 10 into the latter is only 500 rupees. So only the first time you ever make that trade is it worth it.

Correct. The former are 70 rupees each time, which is 700 for 10, but converting 10 into the latter is only 500 rupees. So only the first time you ever make that trade is it worth it.
Rupee value aside, you will want to collect
diamonds
for upgrading
Ancient Armor or the Diamond Circlet you find under the northeastern labyrinth

Cut down a tree outside the shrine on the cliff facing Tarrey Town. I stasis-hit the shit out of it, jumped on the end and cleared the large gap, landing right at Tarrey town's entrance gate. :)
tumblr_ml28j2DsRn1qzmfgzo1_400.gif

Man, I'm finally at the point where I can take on any Lynel and give it hell.

At this point I'm just trying to max out my Barbarian Armor and Guardian Armor, then I think I'm off to Hyrule Castle.

Top Bottom