• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Ok so I'm not sure if this is a glitch or what, but I just completed all
shrines and got the
old school green cap, tunic and pants
but my shrine quest count says only
41/42
:/

Edit: Huh, also just noticed this thread was in community.
Not a glitch, you can find a shrine without its quest.

Oreoleo

Been searching Hebra North Summit for like an hour to find this Shrine that is making my detector go crazy :( It seems it's somewhere along the north border of the map above the abyss but I'm having no luck finding it. Any tips?

Smellycat

Been searching Hebra North Summit for like an hour to find this Shrine that is making my detector go crazy :( It seems it's somewhere along the north border of the map above the abyss but I'm having no luck finding it. Any tips?

Not the one at the absolute top left of map?

Tripon

Look for
snowballs to roll.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Looking for fairy fountains and I have a question...

Do they all appear in the same way, geographically, on the world map? What I mean is, could I potentially find the other fairy fountain locations by looking for that scattered body of water on the map? If you zoom in close on the Kakariko Village or Tabantha Tower fairy fountain, you'll see what I mean. Reason I ask this is because I'm on the verge of using a guide to find the two other fountains. I don't want to, but at this point it feels like a needle in a haystack.

Looking for fairy fountains and I have a question...

Do they all appear in the same way, geographically, on the world map? What I mean is, could I potentially find the other fairy fountain locations by looking for that scattered body of water on the map? If you zoom in close on the Kakariko Village or Tabantha Tower fairy fountain, you'll see what I mean. Reason I ask this is because I'm on the verge of using a guide to find the two other fountains. I don't want to, but at this point it feels like a needle in a haystack.

There's one more you can find using your way but there's one in
the desert area
that doesn't have that.

You can pretty much find all fairy fountains by talking to people in towns and stables and doing quests for them. If you want a more specific hint I could tell you if you want

GRW810

One of the more unique Korok puzzles I've found recently (despite having all the inventory slots I can't help but find more) involved
pushing a bolder so it rolled in between two trees
I've never noticed that. I've only ever
pushed boulders into holes in the ground.

Damn it, there have been so many times I've noticed a suspiciously-placed
boulder
and not interacted with it because I haven't been able to see a
hole in the ground.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
the desert area
that doesn't have that.

You can pretty much find all fairy fountains by talking to people in towns and stables and doing quests for them. If you want a more specific hint I could tell you if you want
Got it, thanks :)

Smellycat

boulder
hole in the ground.

Yeah, first time hearing about this too. No wonder I only have 233 lol

The ones I can think of:

- Lifting up small rocks. Usually everywhere, but common on top of mountains/hills
- Popping balloons that are already there or summoning them by finding the pinwheels
- Pushing rocks into holes
- Finding sparkly petals that are usually on top of poles
- Food offerings to statues with plates infront of them
- Fitting a block in a puzzle to match an already formed one. Found on ground/walls
- Examining suspicious looking items. Like the chair on top of the Akkala laboratory
- Examining moving shimmering footsteps
- Jumping on a cut tree stump and then racing to reach the golden circular countdown clock
- Following a solitary yellow flower from one place to the next
- Hitting wooden canisters(??) usually in trees and sometimes are hanging
- Grabbing a metal boulder that is suspended by a chain and throwing it in a well.
- Grabbing 2 metal boulders that are suspended by a chain and throwing them in 2 wells
- Diving/falling in the middle of leaf circle in a lake/pond.
- Putting boulders on top of circular rock formations in ponds/lake
- Placing missing small rocks in rock circles/rock lines
- Melting ice blocks

I am sure there are more that I am forgetting, but those are the ones that I can think of now.

Edit:

WOW

I just read about this one. But it makes so much sense and I can't believe I have never investigated those lines of trees:

QKms6UMNzWg3G4Ug9XtSXN-650-80.jpg

If you spot a line of trees that includes an odd-man-out when it comes to the arrangement of fruit hanging from them, pluck or shoot down the fruit to make them all match, and a Korok is sure to appear.

Sometimes the pattern will extend to torches that you need to light so that they're all burning.

http://www.gamesradar.com/legend-of-zelda-breath-of-the-wild-korok-seed-hetsu-locations-guide/3/

Mega

Banned
I did Gerudo, Rito, Zora, Goron.

I found the boss of the first dungeon to be the hardest and was looking forward to the challenge of the others, but due to the structure of the game I found that they only get easier.

This confirms there is no order.

I did Zora, Goron, Rito, Gerudo.

Zora was the hardest by far, but that means nothing. The game simply gets easier no matter what order you tackle the regions because of player skill, more hearts/stamina, more food and elixirs, armor upgrades and acquisition of progressively better weapons appearing in the wild.

On that last point, I need to find a traveler's sword to show someone for a quest and it's a real bitch since most enemies and chests now spawn far better weapons.

Speely

Banned
I have 11 shrines (non-quest) left to find. Goddamnit I have no idea where to look. Time to systematically search the entirety of Hyrule.

Koren

I just read about this one. But it makes so much sense and I can't believe I have never investigated those lines of trees:

If you spot a line of trees that includes an odd-man-out when it comes to the arrangement of fruit hanging from them, pluck or shoot down the fruit to make them all match, and a Korok is sure to appear.
Beware: they're NOT always on a line.

Zora was the hardest by far
Damn... It's the only one I've done, at the very beginning of my game, and I found it far too easy. I was kinda hoping it was because it was the first (it's definitively the first the game try to send you to). :(

jariw

boulder
hole in the ground.

Sometimes, looking at trails on the ground might help, specially if the distance is really far away. There are a few real long-distance ones.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
80'shrines, 82 korok seeds seems a low ratio. Been trying to keep an eye out for odd things too, although not out and out searching for seeds.

Any tips on farming hightail lizards? Need 9 for..things and other than wandering around in circles in the places the compendium lists, are there better ways? Anywhere that sells them?

Skeletos311

80'shrines, 82 korok seeds seems a low ratio. Been trying to keep an eye out for odd things too, although not out and out searching for seeds.

Any tips on farming hightail lizards? Need 9 for..things and other than wandering around in circles in the places the compendium lists, are there better ways? Anywhere that sells them?

Take a picture of one and make it the target of your Sheikah radar app. Then you probably want to slowly creep up on them.

I need to find that guy who takes your korok seeds for inventory space, but I can't find him anywhere. I've met him once near a village.

Never mind, used google.
You'll find him next on the road northeast of the Riverside stable, west of Kakariko Village. Then he goes to korok Forrest

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
the desert area
that doesn't have that.

Is the one in
Akkala
ever hinted at? All three others I found people at stables or towns nudging you towards their location, but I stumbled across that particular one just by luck.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member

Get a one-handed sword and do spin attacks to cut grass in Akkala while wearing the Sheikah Suit. They can appear in cut grass and they don't spook if your stealth is high enough. You can be done in 2 minutes.

Anteo

Is the one in
Akkala
ever hinted at? All three others I found people at stables or towns nudging you towards their location, but I stumbled across that particular one just by luck.

I got a hint from an old woman in
tarrey town.

Irminsul

Question about the quest about the recipes in the castle:

Am I correct in assuming I just need to read the cookbooks laying around? And that there are more than the two I found in the library (probably outside the library)?

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Question about the quest about the recipes in the castle:

Am I correct in assuming I just need to read the cookbooks laying around? And that there are more than the two I found in the library (probably outside the library)?
There's only 2; you gotta make them too

IronRinn

All shrines done (I admit, I used a map to find the last few I was missing. Couldn't take it anymore.) All side quests done. All memories done. Only 225 Kurok seeds, so 215 to go? (For all inventory slots). Bunch of armor upgrades left. The urge to go to Ganon (which I did by mistake at one point. Had to shut off the console!) is getting very strong.

GRW810

Sometimes, looking at trails on the ground might help, specially if the distance is really far away. There are a few real long-distance ones.
Does this also apply to snowballs? There are a bunch of them in Hebra's mountains but I just assumed they were scenery.

8bit

Knows the Score
So, mostly done. Shrines/Sides/Ganon, but not Korok seeds unless I'm feeling particularly crazy.

One question, in the Goron area there are little patched areas of ground with O marks on them like targets. Is there any way of hitting them or otherwise interacting?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Ok all divine beasts done, and went to rito village. Still no Kass (he's stubbornly in the stables nearby) so one of his things must be outstanding.

Also need some serious cash for the next fairy and ancient armour. What is the guardian defence like on ancient armour compared to standard defence? I have my Hylian kit at 3* but ancient armour I don't think I'll have any materials for upgrades. So 1* ancient armour vs 3* hylian if used against guardians?

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
Ok all divine bats done, and went to rito village. Still no Kass (he's stubbornly in the stables nearby) so one of his things must be outstanding.

Also need some serious cash for the next fairy and ancient armour. What is the guardian defence like on ancient armour compared to standard defence? I have my Hylian kit at 3* but ancient armour I don't think I'll have any materials for upgrades. So 1* ancient armour vs 3* hylian if used against guardians?
If you have the Master Sword, that's super effective! against guardians.

To defeat them, just look for a tree or something you can hide behind and lure it; so you can hide, and reset the countdown.

Then use a huge sword and work on destroying it's legs with the charged attack, very easy. When no legs are left, it's incredibly easy to kill them.

Once you know how to kill a guardian, it's trivial; the only thing you need to worry about is that there is no other guardian in sight.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is the one in
Akkala

There's a lass in one of the stables who says there's one in that region so you at least know to keep an eye out for it.

Oh thats awesome. Where was this?
Dueling Peaks, North half.

ReBirFh

All shrines done (I admit, I used a map to find the last few I was missing. Couldn't take it anymore.) All side quests done. All memories done. Only 225 Kurok seeds, so 215 to go? (For all inventory slots). Bunch of armor upgrades left. The urge to go to Ganon (which I did by mistake at one point. Had to shut off the console!) is getting very strong.

I'm more or less in your situation.

All memories, all sidequests that I could find, 250+ Korok Seeds, All fairies, missing the last three pieces of armor from Kilton, missing ancient gear and done 113/120 Shrines, two of the missing Shrines are eventide and the passed out Gerudo, I think I earned the right to look up the location of the last 5 Shrines, but before that I'm going in a world tour to killl every miniboss I stamped on the map and have yet to kill and collect the seed IO stamped but didn't want to stop to complete the task.

The end is so near... I think I'm going to finaly use my Smash Bros amiibo to get the tunic and summon epona on my last ride towards Ganon.

ReBirFh

Just got my glider. This game. One of the best experiences in gaming. I can't wait to see what lies ahead

Make use of your stamps as soon as possible whenever you see something suspicious, you will be grateful you did. After you get more familiar you can start repurposing them to your needs.

Btw. Don't stamp the korok seeds you get as the game does that for you (dumb me only noticed after a few hours - you have to zoom in all the way to see)

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If you have the Master Sword, that's super effective! against guardians.

To defeat them, just look for a tree or something you can hide behind and lure it; so you can hide, and reset the countdown.

Then use a huge sword and work on destroying it's legs with the charged attack, very easy. When no legs are left, it's incredibly easy to kill them.

Once you know how to kill a guardian, it's trivial; the only thing you need to worry about is that there is no other guardian in sight.

Sure, I'm just curious which offers better protection - a lower level ancient armour with 'guardian bonus', or higher level normal gear. No point me pushing hard to get
rupees if it won't be as effective as my level 3 hylian gear.

Drewfonse

I don't know why if I have the Flame breaker complete set, I'm still overheating around Gerudo. I don't feel like running around with basically no protection. I have all 3 pieces.

Irminsul

I don't know why if I have the Flame breaker complete set, I'm still overheating around Gerudo. I don't feel like running around with basically no protection. I have all 3 pieces.
Because protection from fire and protection from heat are two different things. You need different clothing for Gerudo.

Ugh man I think I need to just go for Ganon before my wife divorces me. At least I'll have a lot to do when the dlc waves hit.

I bought mine a copy of Persona 5. She does remote play with the Vita, I play on the DRC, and we put something we've been meaning to watch up on TV and just relax a bit once the kids are put to bed.

Vibed

Is the one in
Akkala
If you
finish Tarrey Town, an old lady living there
will mention the Fairy Fountain.

Drewfonse

Because protection from fire and protection from heat are two different things. You need different clothing for Gerudo.

But it says that it has a "heat resistance" bonus for the complete set. I mean, come on....

And I have the other clothing. But I want some actual protection.

Pinky

Banned
Saturday night, I finally beat my first
Lynel
! Boy, what a battle it was. I exhausted almost all my food and went through a few different weapons, but it was worth it. Very satisfying! Specifically, I defeated the
blue one that launches fireballs at you

Tripon

Zora was the hardest by far, but that means nothing. The game simply gets easier no matter what order you tackle the regions because of player skill, more hearts/stamina, more food and elixirs, armor upgrades and acquisition of progressively better weapons appearing in the wild.

On that last point, I need to find a traveler's sword to show someone for a quest and it's a real bitch since most enemies and chests now spawn far better weapons.
There's a bunch of traveling equipment on the way to Zora domain, past Inigo bridge. Look there.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
For a
wind cleaver
do I just have to hope a big yiga clan guy spawns and I kill him before he disappears? Or is there anywhere with a guaranteed drop? Need it for a side quest

Top Bottom