• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild |OT3| Your Free Time is Badly Damaged

mrklaw

MrArseFace
so my daughter wondered if the Divine Beast in the
Zora
region is an
Elephant
because
Elephant is 'zor' in Japanese
?

if so, are any of the others like that?

Jackano

When a 100 ATK weapon won't even last an entire Lynel fight :\ ugh

I cannot for the life of me get
Star Fragments to drop when I have 2 or more.
It's frustrating.

Respawing is weird in the game (sorry if you saw my twet about that a couple weeks ago).
Resources doesn't respawn if you already got plenty. For example, I don't have any more arrows in the stores or at Beedle.

It's a shame because I wanted to get a dozen star fragments before the new amiibos comes out.
Similarly, fairies doesn't ever respawn once you get 3.

Anyway, korok seeds:
What's a good guide/map you use GAF?
I'm at 880-ish and I will fall short of 5.
I use zeldamaps.com and IGN who had both inconsistancies:
zeldamaps is supposedly data-mined but gets non-existent seeds. Also, it probably have an array limit problem for the cookie to save once you marked 500+ seeds.
IGN is sometimes a bit more helpful because it marks the starting point of the seed, but of course, it's more difficult to check because this isn't the point marked in the ingame map.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Respawing is weird in the game (sorry if you saw my twet about that a couple weeks ago).
Resources doesn't respawn if you already got plenty. For example, I don't have any more arrows in the stores or at Beedle.

It's a shame because I wanted to get a dozen star fragments before the new amiibos comes out.
Similarly, fairies doesn't ever respawn once you get 3.

Anyway, korok seeds:
What's a good guide/map you use GAF?
I'm at 880-ish and I will fall short of 5.
I use zeldamaps.com and IGN who had both inconsistancies:
zeldamaps is supposedly data-mined but gets non-existent seeds. Also, it probably have an array limit problem for the cookie to save once you marked 500+ seeds.
IGN is sometimes a bit more helpful because it marks the starting point of the seed, but of course, it's more difficult to check because this isn't the point marked in the ingame map.

There's no actual in-game way to locate them, right? Only way is to literally comb the entire map for them (unless you want to cheat)? That's pretty ridiculous. I suppose there's no real purpose to finding them all (your inventory maxes out long before that), but still.

Maybe the "new map feature" coming in the DLC will be a completionist compass of sorts, showing all Korok locations and such to allow normal people to actually reach 100% completion.

Anteo

I see. Most of my remaining 60% is probably Korok seeds then. Bit misguiding that sidequests and such aren't counted. Also means there's no way of knowing if you've done everything? You could get to 100% while actually having stuff left to do?

That % on the map is just for the map. There are counters for quests too on the quest log.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
That % on the map is just for the map. There are counters for quests too on the quest log.

Does that show the number you have completed of the ones you have started, or of all sidequests in the game? Haven't checked that screen since I beat the game.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
so my daughter wondered if the Divine Beast in the
Zora
region is an
Elephant
because
Elephant is 'zor' in Japanese
?

if so, are any of the others like that?
IMO
yes. It looks and moves like an elephant (especially when you're inside), though I don't know if the 'zor' part has anything to do with it.

Each of the Divine Beasts seem to be modeled after an animal. The Gerudo beast is a camel. The Rito beast is a bird. The Goron beast is a salamander.

KingBroly

Banned
Found a great way to farm
Star Fragments

1 - Go to Shee Vaneer Shrine and climb to where the 2 statues are
2 - Drop Wood, set it on Fire and Camp until morning
3 - Set it on fire again and camp until night
4 - Keep the camera steady and focused on where you want a Star Fragment to spawn
5 - A Star Fragment should spawn by 3:00am, roughly 90-95% of the time
6 - Go get it
7 - Repeat

I suggest pointing the camera N-NW so it doesn't spawn in water (It's gone if it does) and so it's easy to see.

CaVaYeRo

So I just broke the game:

zeldabreathwild_2065713.jpg

Here's full story/explanation:

https://www.gamereactor.es/noticias...of+the+Wild+y+el+bug+de+la+Meseta+del+Trueno/

(Spanish).

Guess some of you bumped into the Thundra Planteau bug, by which some of the orbs disappear if you leave the area and load elsewhere. Well, in my case it went from 2 disappearing to the 4 of them being gone, then to finding two duplicated purple orbs. At fourth reload it was properly reset, but still...

We let Nintendo know.

giapel

There's no actual in-game way to locate them, right? Only way is to literally comb the entire map for them (unless you want to cheat)? That's pretty ridiculous. I suppose there's no real purpose to finding them all (your inventory maxes out long before that), but still.

Maybe the "new map feature" coming in the DLC will be a completionist compass of sorts, showing all Korok locations and such to allow normal people to actually reach 100% completion.

You don't have to complete 100%
Just... (deep breath)... let go

I beat the game the other day and immediately jumped back in to keep shrine hunting. I finished with 99, I think. I'm definitely more inclined to take it a bit slower and not play every day now that I only have about 15 left, but overall, I am extremely pleased with this game. Something that really bugged me in every dungeon was the map. I never felt comfortable using it for any sort of real navigation, rather than just figuring out my general location.
Hyrule Castle
was the worst offender of this, IMO. I wound up just memorizing the layouts on my own like I've always done and never looked at the map of the
castle
unless I wanted to leave.

Also, a boss door for
Ganon
would've been nice! The only reason I beat it is because I triggered the cutscene and figured I'd try him once and die. I one shot him. That said, it was an awesome fight and the time I took learning how to parry guardians really paid off.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I think my technique for finding shrines will be to use my kids as shrine detectors. I already noticed my daughter finding one in Gerudo that I completely missed, even though its only about 3ft from Gerudo town..

KevinG

I think my technique for finding shrines will be to use my kids as shrine detectors. I already noticed my daughter finding one in Gerudo that I completely missed, even though its only about 3ft from Gerudo town..

That was one of the last ones I found, even though I had found it much earlier in the game and had completely forgot about activating it.

Smellycat

Found a great way to farm
Star Fragments

1 - Go to Shee Vaneer Shrine and climb to where the 2 statues are
2 - Drop Wood, set it on Fire and Camp until morning
3 - Set it on fire again and camp until night
4 - Keep the camera steady and focused on where you want a Star Fragment to spawn
5 - A Star Fragment should spawn by 3:00am, roughly 90-95% of the time
6 - Go get it
7 - Repeat

I suggest pointing the camera N-NW so it doesn't spawn in water (It's gone if it does) and so it's easy to see.

It worked!!! Now delete this post so that Nintendo Ninjas don't patch this lol

Is there any rough idea of when Hard mode is coming out? I am desperate to replay this game already, but I really want to wait for that update. :(

IronRinn

Jesus fucking christ, last night I found 2 ways to find Koroks that I did not know of previously.

Both were the large acorns/canisters. One was in a hole in a standing tree (not in a downed log as I had been on the lookout for previously) and the other was just hanging from a huge tree's branch by a chain.

I wonder if the new map functionality they talked about as part of the DLC is a Korok finder. I can't think of anything else you can't used the sensor to search for.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Needed a guardian battle axe+

I have a guardian battle axe, and a guardian battle axe++

:/

Edit : modest yet of strength...sorted that

My friend is letting me borrow his switch for a few weeks to play Zelda. I have a new profile set up on the console, is there any way I would be able to transfer my save over to another Switch later on when I buy my own?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Would it be scummy to pay the entrance fee for the fairy, check out the upg are requirements and then reload an older save to get my money back? I don't want to pay a fortune only to unlock upgrades that I can't fulfill

Also - any tips on finding a frostspear? And does the bloody
weapon conessieur
quest ever end??

Would it be scummy to pay the entrance fee for the fairy, check out the upg are requirements and then reload an older save to get my money back? I don't want to pay a fortune only to unlock upgrades that I can't fulfill

Also - any tips on finding a frostspear? And does the bloody
weapon conessieur
quest ever end??
The
Coliseum northwest of the Great Plateau
has what you want. As well as
every other elemental sword, great sword, and spear

And yeah, it ends. You're close.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Could have sworn I talked to everyone at every stables I find - first thing you do,right? Seems not as I've missed the annoying
obstacle course
everyone seems to hate.

after 265 hours this is the first time I am forcing myself to play
with the lack of star fragment farming and missing 3 seeds to hit 900
I am a little burnt out

MegalonJJ

Banned
I get great kick out donning the barbarian armour and going on a Lynnel killing spree.

I've got 3 divine beasts to go but I'm on 96 shrines and only plan to continue the DBs once I get the 120 shrine reward.

Decided to try my luck near the castle and battle around a bit after a recommendation from a friend to go inside because of a lot of good loot. I wasn't really sure how I would fair, but I started climbing and swimming up waterfalls and....I was in the throne room.

I actually finished the game which was shocking, but I'm kind of sad they have to reset right before the fight with Ganon. I'd have liked to have Zelda on my adventure as a companion or something like that but I guess that would ruin a lot of monster appearances/the repercussions of Zelda having no kingdom and basically being in ruin. That's a discussion for another time.

I hunted down some more shrines, capped off a few Shrine quests including the pain in the ass blood moon one. Of course I couldn't get it when I needed it. But sneak into an enemy base and then take all but one out and get it? Every time.

Got a few more amiibo pieces of armor which was nice, and now I can sear through Guardians and the Castle no problem if I want some loot. Ended up getting the other interesting overworld armor so now I think all that's left is the few craftable ones and upgrading.

I'm interested to see what the DLC will bring; like many noted some way of tracking where Korok seeds are would be great.

jotun?

The
Coliseum northwest of the Great Plateau
has what you want. As well as
every other elemental sword, great sword, and spear
I think that's only true after some requirement is met, probably beating all 4 beasts

It doesn't really scale the same way as everything else either. I went back when I was seeing silver enemies all over, including most Lynels, but hadn't done all the beasts yet. The stuff there still just had Knight's gear, and the Lynel was still just a blue one.

mhayes86

Just finished the game last night after 125 hours. All memories and shrines, and 183 Korok Seeds (no way am I going for all of them). I absolutely loved the game and didn't want it to end. I can't wait for the DLC!

Red

Major tests of strength, Lynels, and Lizalfos camps work best for me. Guardian shields, Lynel shields, and soldier shields are all solid. Else find the Hylian shield.

Bagu

All the Divine Beasts seem to follow this basic structure of gaining the trust of a voiced character, gaining access to the Beast with their help, then quasi dungeoning.

I have to say that set pieces for entering the Divine Beasts all make for better boss fights than the Blights. Y
unobo
is the worst but I think some tweaking to make it faster paced would put it up there with the rest.

Hyrule Castle I think will be the blueprint for all future dungeons; Part of the overworld and with multiple entry points. Just need bosses that don’t just stand there. And no mooning.

I think the game would have benefited from a set of dungeons that unlock after you retake a Divine Beast. Add in the assist character for another round and more memories to give everyone some more screen time.

jrush64

Banned
Holy Shit!! I was just exploring Hyrule Castle for the first time. I was just climbing up the sides instead of going and I somehow stumbled into the final boss!!! I skipped the cutscenes and reloaded my save.

I'm not ready to finish this masterpiece yet.

Top Bottom