• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword |OT| Home of Punkin' Chunkin' Champion 2011

Phenomic said:
(RE: Walmart $60 Bundle) This is all just speculation because I don't really know anything about Nintendo shipping methods, but I imagine that most of the people who want it on BF will get a copy. I mean the majority of the people who really want the game aren't going to wait that extra week. I also imagine they will ship a ton of copies knowing they are running this deal. I would tend to think if you got their decently early you should be able to snag one. I wouldn't wait until 7 PM that night, but certainly I don't think you need to camp out.

I would keep an eye out on Amazon because you never know what will show up for daily deals etc on that week.
Just had an AOL chat with Amazon and they won't price match my Amazon pre-order for the bundle to Wal-Mart's 60. According to the rep, the best I can hope for is a price reduction right before shipping. Well, it's been reduced by 3 cents so far :lol, so I am confused with hope.

And thanks for the shopping tips! Saving money is fun.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Metroid Killer said:
I don't see the need to stretch the page with the footer image... why not delete all the blank space in the left side of the image?
Yep. Perhaps it can be separated further from the text vertically, rather than horizontally, with some empty text lines or vertical blank space in the picture itself.

Oxx

I guess it's time that I actually put an order in for this game.

Might get the controller-bundle so I have another remote for Just Dance parties. WOO.

I can't wait for this game. It's the first game I've been excited for at all this year. I preordered the special edition from Amazon, so I suppose that means I'll get it Monday or Tuesday.

I desperately want to buy into the hype, but I can't help being a bit skeptical after getting burned by Twilight Princess. The reviews have been high on hyperbole so far, but I think I'll wait for GAF impressions (specifically on the controls) first.

I'm pretty hyped. This will be the first video game I've played in like, three months. I didn't really like Twilight Princess, but this game looks to be exactly the Zelda I've been waiting for.

Phenomic

ThaiGrocer said:
Just had an AOL chat with Amazon and they won't price match my Amazon pre-order for the bundle to Wal-Mart's 60. According to the rep, the best I can hope for is a price reduction right before shipping. Well, it's been reduced by 3 cents so far :lol, so I am confused with hope.

And thanks for the shopping tips! Saving money is fun.

Oh didn't realize you had the Amazon Preorder... I would just suck it up and keep it. Take the 10$ hit and play it a week early.

Amir0x

Banned
Regulus Tera said:
...:/ I don't get the subtitle, but it could be worse. Great OP though.

nobody reads anything anymore! :(

In the OP, there are various links to this video, which gives you the lead on the reference. Which ties into a very famous annual event that occurs every November, literally called Punkin Chunkin.

TripOpt55

Can't wait to play this. Playing anything else this week will feel a little like killing time. I couldn't be any more excited to play this game.

Rainy Dog

Lovely OP Amir0x, perfect size too. Great work.

Think I'm gonna buy another Wii just for this game. It's still probably my favourite gaming series of all time, I simply cant miss out on it.

Retro

Amirox, are you from the Mid-Atlantic, by any chance? The Punkin' Chunkin' is a Delaware thing and the only people who seem to know about it are people who live nearby or watch the Discovery Channel (all 12 of them).

Also, copying for the new page in case people missed it:
Darryl said:
K-mart is supposed to have the bundles (day of release) in stock w/ their $20 game gift certificate

"11-20 Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword $20 Gaming Coupon (Every Kmart will receive the controller/game bundles. Limited stock, probably 3 per store)"

A word of caution to anyone considering K-mart
;
Having worked at K-mart during Black Friday and shooting the shit with managers, you should know they are notorious for running advertisements on big ticket items they either do not have or have extremely limited supplies on. Corporate does it anyways just to get people in the door.

If they say "Limited Stock, probably 3 per store", I would take that as "3 per store if you're lucky". If you absolutely need the Bundle pack, do NOT count on K-mart.

I spent an entire Black Friday shift explaining to angry customers that the Awesome Nerf Gun that was priced super low was not only out of stock, but had never even been in stock in the first place. Not a single one the entire time I worked there.

Cranzor

I like what I saw of the OP. Nice, concise and clean. I tried not to read much since I'm pretty much on a blackout. I'm going to pick up the limited edition, can't wait.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Amir0x said:
nobody reads anything anymore! :(

In the OP, there are various links to this video, which gives you the lead on the reference. Which ties into a very famous annual event that occurs every November, literally called Punkin Chunkin.
It's cool Amir0x, you are still my second favourite ex-mod. :)

I loved your writing, funny as always.

Cheska

I was always worried that the game being based entirely on motion controls was going to be a turn off, but after hearing so many reports of how thoroughly enjoyable and fluid the movements are, I'm excited again :D

cacildo

One thing really bothers me:

Why isnt this game in HD?

I mean, component cables can output HD, like 720p and 1080i, right?

So skyward sword could have been the first Nintendo HD game?

Or the wii just CANT output hd resolutions because of the lack of power?

(im really asking)

Amir0x

Banned
Retro said:
Amirox, are you from the Mid-Atlantic, by any chance? The Punkin' Chunkin' is a Delaware thing and the only people who seem to know about it are people who live nearby or watch the Discovery Channel (all 12 of them).

Also, copying for the new page in case people missed it:

I'm from Brooklyn, currently living in Tobyhanna Pennsylvania. Always been in this region. But I knew about the event from Discovery Channel.

Are you telling me people don't watch the Discovery Channel? :(

Regulus Tera said:
It's cool Amir0x, you are still my second favourite ex-mod. :)

I loved your writing, funny as always.

Thank you ser.

Cranzor said:
I tried not to read much since I'm pretty much on a blackout.

Just fyi, unless you don't even know the four main characters, the OP contains almost no spoilers at all, except the map which you can scroll by, and every link is explicitly labeled by how big of a spoiler it might be.

cacildo said:

(im really asking)
Are you sure you aren't joking?

The Lamp

cacildo said:

(im really asking)

The Wii just CAN'T output HD resolutions. It's not built for it.

Amir0x said:
Just fyi, unless you don't even know the four main characters, the OP contains almost no spoilers at all, except the map which you can scroll by, and every link is explicitly labeled by how big of a spoiler it might be.

FOUR?!?!?!

j/k :>

Retro

Amir0x said:
I'm from Brooklyn, currently living in Tobyhanna Pennsylvania. Always been in this region. But I knew about the event from Discovery Channel.

Hmm... yeah, that's kinda in the area but definitely not close.

Amir0x said:
Are you telling me people don't watch the Discovery Channel? :(

I always figured my wife and I were the only ones.

Amir0x

Banned
Retro said:
I always figured my wife and I were the only ones.

Man what! Discovery Channel is still cool sometimes, it hasn't turned entirely over to ancient aliens or shit quite yet.

It's no Science Channel but still

The Lamp said:
FOUR?!?!?!

j/k :>

Do we count the bird as a main character? I didn't know whether I should

bsb

Neo Member
Cannont wait to play this gritty hardcore pumpkin chunking simulator. Replaying LttP again right now in anticipation, a disturbing lack of pumpking throwing but a pretty good game nonetheless.

Stupid question time:

Do you chaps think it'll be possible to play this with a Wiimote+ plugged into a Wii Zapper?

It's a long story. Disability, etc.

Beats

bsb said:
Cannont wait to play this gritty hardcore pumpkin chunking simulator. Replaying LttP again right now in anticipation, a disturbing lack of pumpking throwing but a pretty good game nonetheless.

Every game should have pumpkins that you can throw.

Darryl

Banned
Retro said:

A word of caution to anyone considering K-mart
;
Having worked at K-mart during Black Friday and shooting the shit with managers, you should know they are notorious for running advertisements on big ticket items they either do not have or have extremely limited supplies on. Corporate does it anyways just to get people in the door.

If they say "Limited Stock, probably 3 per store", I would take that as "3 per store if you're lucky". If you absolutely need the Bundle pack, do NOT count on K-mart.

I spent an entire Black Friday shift explaining to angry customers that the Awesome Nerf Gun that was priced super low was not only out of stock, but had never even been in stock in the first place. Not a single one the entire time I worked there.

this isn't a black friday special, this is day of release

mr stroke

Does anyone know if the Limited Ed with the Wii Motion+ adapter is still available? It looks like Amazon is sold out. Will I be able to walk into Walmart or Target on Sunday and grab one, or are they really "Limited Editions" with a limited run?

I have not seen any videos except the original reveal trailer. I have not downloaded any pics or read any impressions except the numbers on the reviews. This is the first Zelda game I am going into almost completely blind.

This will be one of the best experiences I will have this year. I can tell. My body is ready.

mr stroke said:
Does anyone know if the Limited Ed with the Wii Motion+ adapter is still available? It looks like Amazon is sold out. Will I be able to walk into Walmart or Target on Sunday and grab one, or are they really "Limited Editions" with a limited run?

It is in Best Buy's Black Friday ad, so they anticipate a lot.

Just want to say that the information in the OP is handheld very well. Got me even more hyped without spoiling a thing! Well, I did watch the pumpkin video, which is the first footage I've seen since E3!

teeny

What a glorious post.

Desperately trying to finish Twilight Princess before Friday, but cant play any over the weekend. Gah!

totowhoa

Banned
Why is Switzerland getting this game before the rest of Europe/the world? Does this happen sometimes and I've just always missed it?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Sklorenz said:
Why is Switzerland getting this game before the rest of Europe/the world? Does this happen sometimes and I've just always missed it?

There is a Nazi gold joke here somewhere. I just can't work it out.

Instro

Sklorenz said:
I think they just broke street date.

-KRS-

Corleth the Fey said:
I just wanna slip my trembling hand across Fi's metal thighs, up between those cold shapely legs and caress her warm oily on/off button.

Well, that's normal.

KarmaCow

Gu8bA.png

If only that ETA wasn't a glitch. :(

Top Bottom