• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom WINS Best Technology GDC 2024

daclynk

Its crazy Nintendo could do this on a systems with PS3+ power. Cant wait to see what they have cooking for Next Gen system. No devs has made anything this impressive and the craziest part is there's an amazing OPEN AIR adventure game with 3 separate worlds not just the all the various insanely complex systems (physics, chemistry, fusion, sound, weather, etc, and building system just works as intended.

Last edited:

Deerock71

Its crazy Nintendo could do this on a systems with PS3+ power. Cant wait to see what they have cooking for Next Gen system. No devs has made anything this impressive and the craziest part is there's an amazing adventure game with 3 separate worlds not just the all the various insanely complex systems (physics, chemistry, fusion, sound, weather, etc, and building system just works as intended.

App Deploy GIF

Are we going to have a thread for the winner of each category? I hope not, so here are the other winners coming in

Best social impact = Venba
Audience choice = Baldurs Gate 3
Innovation = Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Best narrative = Baldurs Gate 3
Best visual art = Alan Wake 2
Best technology = Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
Best debut = Venba
Best design = Baldurs Gate 3

Last edited:

daclynk

Is it though?

I recall many ps3 era games that had far better visuals

I think it won the award for the gameplay systems instead

giphy.gif

No one is talking about Visuals here

Edit: Its crazy the Nintendo Switch could win Best technology and Innovation even among the BIG BOYS 4K, RAYTRACING, SSD, 12O FRAMES and TERAFLOPS BUZZ WORDS that were thrown around when the PS5 & XBOX series were coming to hypes people up. Where are the games to shows for it.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I think it's weird you all are excited about how we are forced to play Nintendo games on 11 year hardware. Yay Nintendo, thank you for getting the most out of ancient tech.
Just sad these absurdly skilled developers have both hands tied behind thier backs. Imagine what kind of masterpiece they could deliver with proper hardware.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Deserved, the game is a technical marvel. Not just that it runs on the potato console, but that everything just WORKS. All those systems working together, and there's pretty much no physics glitches or anything. It's ridiculously polished.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I think it's weird you all are excited about how we are forced to play Nintendo games on 11 year hardware. Yay Nintendo, thank you for getting the most out of ancient tech.
Just sad these absurdly skilled developers have both hands tied behind thier backs. Imagine what kind of masterpiece they could deliver with proper hardware.
Imagine what Nintendo Devs could do with a console like the PS5 Pro... Especially Monolith and Xenoblade
They’d give you exactly the same games, with stable 1080p resolution and 120fps if they can pull it.
They’re not devs used to wasting resources in redundant animations, state-of-the-art realistic graphics, movie-quality VA, etc etc.

Hudo

This is fully deserved, imho. What they pulled off with this game on Switch and how fucking robust their physics engine is, is nothing short of impressive. That they even got simulating tension to a robust state is cool. I have yet to encounter any significant bugs.

Shut0wen

Zelda runs like shit too, the game drops a massive amount of frames all the time, reminds me of an n64 game
Im not gunna deny theres frame drops, infact it drops from 28-30 on a regular and worst frames drop to as low as 20, but what your saying isnt true and like a said after 10 hours of any bethesda game on ps3 and its fucked due to ps3 having shit memory, game plays at 15fps zelda dowant go anywhere near those levels and id still say a switch is no where near as powerful as a ps3

Top Bottom