• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda Wii-U Shown at Nintendo Digital Event ["2015"]

valouris

Looks absolutely amazing, I really hoped we saw some real gameplay though. That boss scene looks too much cgi/real-time cutscene to me, and I'll also hold Aonuma to his promise about that open world he showed.

I was expecting any second Link and Epona would start walking and the camera to start moving forward, but it didn't and it makes me skeptical. If this ends up as good as it looks and as we imagine it can be it might even become contender for best Zelda ever.

Also, speculation: that magical/techy arrow and bow combination will probably be a big point in the game, and you will use it with the Gamepad, first person style, quite a lot methinks.

Yondy604

Banned
wiiu_zelda_scrn02_e3y4uj9.png

This looks stunning holy crap

- J - D -

I'm willing to bet my gaf account that Link's getup in this trailer is just temporary and he'll eventually switch into his classic green tunic at some point.

Any takers?

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Really doubt this game is getting released next year. It's been in the work for years and all they have to show is a 30 sec cutscene trailer?

That 30 seconds was enough to send people's hype through the roof, it was just a teaser.

The game will get fully revealed at next year's show, just like most of the 2015 titles from Sony and Microsoft.

burgerdog

Holy fuck, shiiiiiiiiiiit. We had a two hour meeting at work and I missed the Nintendo event. My god, this is way better than I expected. FUCK YES.

^^^
You've gotta be shitting me, that looks incredible.

Wurst

It looks good.
I don't understand the Digital Event at all. So is there any chance we might get a demonstration or something later on on the Tree House?

Dr Bass

What's up with everyone saying Link looks like a girl? Have we not seen Link's design for the last 10+ years or so? He looks practically identical to Skyward Sword. Not getting it.

Kangi

Why isn't Link a manly man? Pander to my insecurities about masculinity, Nintendo.

Really though, looks and sounds great.

Sendou

Is this real life? New Zelda game announced and pretty much everyone likes the artstyle.

But yeah it does look amazing. Can't wait to hear more about it.

Crayolan

I loooooove the art direction on this game. It looks so beautiful and fits Zelda perfectly. And with such a beautiful game combined with open world I can only imagine this game will be a callback to OoT, which is great.

Also Link doesn't look anything like a girl, I don't know how you guys are seeing this. He just has long hair.

NEO0MJ

This looks interesting, but I was hoping for some actual gameplay. Not much better than the Uncharted 4 reveal.

And the design is pretty effeminate. I don't think Link is female in this game but I'm not ruling out the possibility.

Although it's probably nothing significant it could be a throwback of some sort.

I don't think it was a random choice, but I wonder what it means.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Come on guys, that's not a female Link. It's just a rather feminine, teenage boy. Flat chest gives it away if nothing else. Sure, girls can be pretty flat too, but come on.

Top Bottom