• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda will be the only playable game Nintendo has E3 this year

KamiCrit

Wow Nintendo don't over do yourself, ONE whole playable game.

That's one more than the competition will bring /jokes

Ansatz

Weirdly.. I quite like this move.

...if you're going to go crazy..it's better to go batshit crazy.

Nintendo is going all in.

This is exactly how I feel. I'm actually loving this, I always wished Nintendo would distance themselves from E3 to complete the full transformation into bubble mode.

I knew NX would be the last straw for many fans and that it would get ugly, but I never expected it this soon and like this.

Tookay

Pretty clear that NX got derailed by something.

I seriously doubt they intended on having all that floor space for Zelda Wii U alone.

But what do I know?

E3: Nintendo changes its approach to the show every year. This June, Nintendo will focus its attentions on the upcoming game in The Legend of Zelda series. The Wii U version of the game will be playable for the first time on the E3 show floor, and it will be the only playable game Nintendo presents at the show, in order to provide attendees a complete immersion. Additional information about Nintendo’s E3 plans will be announced in the future.

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/News/2016...Zelda-along-with-annual-earnings-1102529.html

I said this in the other thread but i'm gonna repeat it, after last E3 Nintendo said they'd do better at E3 yet it looks like they are going to do even worse this year.

Sami+

No.

"The Wii U version of the game will be playable for the first time on the E3 show floor, and it will be the only playable game Nintendo presents at the show, in order to provide attendees a complete immersion."

lmaooooo

this companyyyyyyy

I remember Twilight Princess having the majority of floor space like 8 years ago, but this is on a whole new level.

This COULD mean two positive things:

- Zelda is really fucking good, and they know it
- NX is set for a VERY rich lineup

Neoxon

This quote interests me.
Nintendo said:
Nintendo will design the latter game so that it will be connected with the world of Animal Crossing for dedicated gaming systems.
Animal Crossing NX confirmed?

Semajer

Really? Not even Paper Mario: Garbage Splash? What's Treehouse Live going to do? 72 straight hours of repeating the Zelda demo?

Übermatik;202004973 said:
I remember Twilight Princess having the majority of floor space like 8 years ago, but this is on a whole new level.

Sounds like everything is coming to NX.

Nintendo are never a boring company to observe and speculate about, I'll give them that...

Really interested to learn more about the game, still really excited for it, but there's no denying this news dampens my hype for E3 2016 in general. Despite a few disappointing recent years, it's still Nintendo I lean on to deliver good stuff out of nowhere.

After the backlash last year, feels like they're really trying to manage expectations.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
I cant' wait to see all of the "most anticipated games of 2017" lists and see this motherfucking game on them again.

Or maybe everyone will just be so sick of waiting and just omit it entirely.

Chaos17

I am not gonna beleive it until I see with my own eyes.

giphy.gif

Kikorin

At least some indie games? I understand Wii U is dead and all, but...

Anyway I hope this means NX will have a really good line-up from the start.

Elfteiroh

The wording on that PR make it sounds like there won't be 3DS games playable either.

But I still get the feeling it won't means there won't be new game announced.

starmud

For the wiiu, I could believe it... I don't get this for 3DS at all. I mean, there has to be 3DS games being announced or demo'd...

Striek

Ahaha, thats very optimistic.

How about: Nintendo doesn't have anything else to show, is struggling badly with NX development and is throwing out a bone to its hardcore fans?

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Cheers for the complete immersion Nintendo. I'll feel part of the world despite having 400 peaople behind me standing in line.

AdanVC

Let's fucking hope so! But now I'm worried that due to the shitty limitations of the Wii U, the NX version will suffer as well and would not be that impressive in terms of scale/graphics/etc.

Top Bottom