• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda will be the only playable game Nintendo has E3 this year

takriel

As a die-hard Zelda fan that mostly wants new Zelda games from Nintendo, this is fine by me. I hope they'll do an orchestra again for the 30th anniversary, that would be epic!

Ahaha, thats very optimistic.

How about: Nintendo doesn't have anything else to show, is struggling badly with NX development and is throwing out a bone to its hardcore fans?

And that's very pessimistic. Not to mention baseless. If they're not revealing the NX at E3 why would they show NX games? They're struggling badly with the Wii U for sure, but we don't know half as much as we pretend to know about the NX. That's more evident now than ever.

Ahaha, thats very optimistic.

How about: Nintendo doesn't have anything else to show, is struggling badly with NX development and is throwing out a bone to its hardcore fans?

I like your idea better because I hate Nintendo. Their management has no idea to run a business like I do. It's sad, really.

As a die-hard Zelda fan that mostly wants new Zelda games from Nintendo, this is fine by me. I hope they'll do an orchestra again for the 30th anniversary, that would be epic!

That would require a stage show, which they don't do anymore.

It will be a direct, then an e3 booth for attendies, meanwhile in meeting rooms Nintendo will be sharing details of the NX to distributors and retail executives while fans die foaming at the mouth infron tof their computer screens.

Rip

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Hmmmm Zelda Symphony is playing in LA on the 13th...

And that's very pessimistic. Not to mention baseless. If they're not revealing the NX at E3 why would they show NX games? They're struggling badly with the Wii U for sure, but we don't know half as much as we pretend to know about the NX. That's more evident now than ever.

They cited quality reasons for delaying Zelda U so.

It's not out of the realm of possibility.

AniHawk

Not surprised.

Why not piss away another year for your home console market?

this reminds me of what sega did with the saturn. except instead of saying 'the saturn is not our future,' kimishima just said the nx won't replace blah blah blah (meaning, please still buy wii u stuff).

on the flip side, the dreamcast had a pretty positive reception in the us at least. sega of america built up a strong launch and capitalized on it.

jonno394

I love the fact that after the last E3, Iwata said they would study the comments and reactions by fans to deliver better in future....they've really listened.

Jonnax

Wow. This is crazy.

In imagining Nintendo will do anything stupid thing and name the NX the Wii Z or something equally as dumb.

I'm not even kidding, Nintendo just shot themselves in the foot. Talk about pissing off your core base. Gonna have to be doing something SERIOUSLY radical and interesting to justify some of the stuff they've come out with today.

FZZ

Banned
Pretty dumb imo, I can actually say after 20 years. After 20 years of being born and raised on Nintendo hardware, for the very first time in my life I am more excited for Sony. Glad I chose sleep over waiting for the info.

Also

Hey brehs just remember worse case scenario is Nintendo saying they will not announce any NX info at E3 and its not launching this year

Like it's still possible so don't get too hyped, this is still just a FY meeting

"NX is in development"

"That is all"

My tag is withholding us from NX info

Only Evilore can save us

Please brehs. Nostradamus up in this.

Striek

Its meant to be pessimistic, its showing how absurd the post I replied to is.

Follow this logic.

>Nintendo delays the NX.
>Nintendo is only demoing one game at E3
>Said game has been in development for many years, and delayed.

>???

>This is clearly the sign of something amazing afoot.

Its meant to be pessimistic, its showing how absurd the post I replied to is.

Follow this logic.

>Nintendo delays the NX.
>Nintendo is only demoing one game at E3
>Said game has been in development for many years, and delayed.

>???

>This is clearly the sign of something amazing afoot.

It would mean that they no longer see E3 as the place to announce their new console in full. It would mean they would fully reveal it in their OWN event.

Striek

It would mean that they no longer see E3 as the place to announce their new console in full. It would mean they would fully reveal it in their OWN event.

I mean, OK, if you're not revealing it at an industry event you are obviously revealing it at your own event. Thats got little to do with taking the fact Nintendo is demoing one game, an unprecedented low, as a very good sign for future tidings.

The death of a company is what we're witnessing here, folks.

Like, it's true i have no idea what their intentions or plans are but it's obvious that based on these tweets we're seeing, Nintendo doesn't have any idea what they're doing. Maybe they never did. Their existence is likely an accident at this point.

Yet again they're going to have absolutely NO E3 presence. Why aren't they trying to advertise a dead system? Why aren't they trying to advertise their NEW system alongside PSVR and new versions of PS4 and One? It's baffling.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
This is probably the strangest E3 related announcement I've seen in the past 16 years. If the NX ain't ready to demo, then you should have a few things ready for your current console at least. What happened to that Paper Mario game?

While I'm excited to finally see Zelda, I was hoping to see Super Mario Galxy 3 (or whatever the new Mario game would be called). And if we don't have a playable Mario on Wii-U for E3, then that means there won't be one at all for Wii-U.

Nintendo had better show us some fuck awesome trailers at the very least.

Kouriozan

The Nintendo E3 thread this year will be fun, also I dunno if watching Treehouse Live play 3 days of Zelda is smart.
Yeah, it probably mean Treehouse Live is not happening this year as well.

Kc8iE6R.png

Top Bottom