• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LittleBigPlanet BETA thread of hoo boy it's judgement time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fail to believe that Sony will end up screwing IGN and all the other US websites and provide us with an open beta. I fail to believe.

Also, is it just me or Sony needs to increase the code from 9 digits to 12 or 16?
9 digits have a fairly low amount of output and they might run out of generated PSN keys by the next 5 years (unless they don't plan to use PSN for PS4 :p)

Metalmurphy said:
No one tried my Lunar Landing level yet *snif*

I've tried it. Took about 6 goes to find the finish. :D

The space shuttle was much fun though, It was pretty much always able to move, unlike shitty rocket cars which flip upside down. Sackboy fell out at one stage but I got a grip of the ship and kept flying. Was cure. :p

making a sonic level.

i've onlly done sonic so far:

4vpc9u.jpg

how do you draw your own backgrounds? i don't see any pen/cil tools and you can't use the camera import as the upscaled size makes it look a mess.

CoG

shagg_187 said:
I fail to believe that Sony will end up screwing IGN and all the other US websites and provide us with an open beta. I fail to believe.

Also, is it just me or Sony needs to increase the code from 9 digits to 12 or 16?
9 digits have a fairly low amount of output and they might run out of generated PSN keys by the next 5 years (unless they don't plan to use PSN for PS4 :p)

9 digits = 101,559,956,668,416 possible codes: (26 + 10) ^ 9

Zeliard

Spy said:
What's the point of waiting until Monday?

To maximize hits. Their wording is pretty shameless:

Keep watching GamePro.com starting Monday morning, September 29, and all next week for your chance to win a slot into the beta that is now running on PlayStation 3.

Keep f5'ing starting Monday morning and all next week!!11!111

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Wax Free Vanilla said:
camera import as the upscaled size makes it look a mess.

You'll want a large piece of flat cardboard on your back plane..and then 'paint it' with stickers...

I hear you re. upscaling one pseye sticker, but, I'm considering for my background using in-game stickers for colouring large areas, and then importing pseye stickers for smaller details. Like, if I want a starry sky, I'll probably paint the back cardboard with a big black sticker, and then paste in imported, nice, star images, all over the place.

Also, think I solved my car speed problem. Rockets have too much residual momentum for the control I want. But it turns out you need a wheel going in the direction you want on both ends of the car if you want any speed..I know that might seem obvious, but that means I have to make a 4-wheel car, more complicated than the 'flat' 2 wheel ones.. :p Almost there though..

Captain Pants said:
I tried to register, but it keeps giving me an error message. It has a verification image thing where you have to type the letters shown in the picture, and it keeps saying I've done them wrong even though I haven't. Arg!
Same here, odd, every time I go to register it's the same letters/numbers as well, that's strange, dang, i think i just am going to have to wait for the full release, no luck on these betas...

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
To anyone still having doubts: this is the game of the generation, the most important HD exclusive available on the market. The beauty of Wipeout and the 4 player splitscreen mode in Motorstorm2, a la Mario Kart, surely give an edge to the PS3 already. But LBP is on a league of its own. A new mascot is born, along with a revolution. To me, the PS3 just won its war against the 360, software wise.

fugimax

deepbrown said:
I just started making a level...been doing it all day. Mainly because I'm testing and balancing my vehicle...something some other people don't seem to do. Adding floatiness here, adding metal here, tweaking the boost there....just so it doesn't tip over/fly off lol.
Can you talk more about how exactly you balance a vehicle? I mean, what are the kinds of things you add / remove / tweak / change?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
marc^o^ said:
To anyone still having doubts: this is the game of the generation, the most important HD exclusive available on the market. The beauty of Wipeout and the 4 player splitscreen mode in Motorstorm2, a la Mario Kart, surely give an edge to the PS3 already. But LBP is on a league of its own. A new mascot is born, along with a revolution. To me, the PS3 just won its war against the 360, software wise.
:(

Do want.

gofreak said:
Have you added it to that list of GAFFER levels? I'll be browsing that later.. busy experimenting in create mode right now :p
Is that a LBP feature? oO How do I do that?

Anyone else having problems connecting to the LBP servers?

Goldrusher

THE BEST LEVELS SO FAR

note: levels change pages

by GAF
duckroll mobile ..... west Atlantic ocean (page 2)
GAF-Lemmings Blox ..... north east of Canada (page 1)
HEDGEHOG engine Test ..... just north of Australia (page 3)
less faster n harder for neogaf ..... south pole (underwear icon) (page 9)
Ruins of GAF ..... eastern Europe (page 7)
The Traveler ..... eastern Europe (mushroom icon) (page 8)
Electric Madness ..... west of South America (page 2)
The Horror Of '44 ..... North Pole (House Icon) (page 3)
Escape from Super Ninja Island .....
GAF Truck Test .....
GAF Hype Train Beta 0.1 .....
TheNextBigThing .....
Greenland For GAF ..... south pole, green icon (page 7)

not by GAF, but worth playing
Heist (Part 1) ..... near North Pole (pink icon) (page 1)
rollercoaster ..... Mediterranean (page 1)
Little Big UNCHARTED ..... Pakistan (between Europe and India) (page 1)
SMB1 ..... California (page 2)
The Great Escape (Escape Nazi Germany!) ..... ???
Escape The Cave! (multi-tiered level) .....
Temple of the Damned ..... Indonesia (page 5)
Icy Time trial ... South Africa (page 1)
Coco's Fun House .....
Dinoland ... Canada (page 1)
crazy wild west .... east of Canada (page 2)

lol
Xbox 360 button ... north pole (page 1)

quote, remove quote-tags and add more (with rough location !)

updated it a little + added some more
note: the levels change pages / planets, but their location should remain the same, so try give us a rough idea of where to look !

THE BEST LEVELS SO FAR

==========
by GAF
==========
(Creator: Level)

duckroll: duckroll mobile: planet 3, west Atlantic ocean
chubigans: GAF-Lemmings Blox : planet 1, north east of Canada
?????????: HEDGEHOG engine Test : planet 2, just north of Australia
?????????: less faster n harder for neogaf: planet 9, south pole
?????????: Ruins of GAF: planet 7, eastern Europe
?????????: The Traveler: planet 4, Europe (mushroom icon)
?????????: Electric Madness: planet 5 (west of South America, currently page 2)
?????????: The Horror Of '44 : Page 3 : North Pole (House Icon)
?????????: Escape from Super Ninja Island.
?????????: GAF Truck Test
?????????: GAF Hype Train Beta 0.1
?????????: TheNextBigThing
?????????: Greenland For GAF (page 7, south pole, green icon)
JPBrowncoat: Windmill Fling: page 7 near NY
JPBrowncoat: Shocking Cart Ride
Metalmurphy: Lunar Landing 0.8fixed WIP (

========================
not by GAF, but worth playing
========================

Heist (Part 1): planet 1, near North Pole (pink icon)
rollercoaster: planet 1, Mediterranean
Little Big UNCHARTED: planet 1, Pakistan (between Europe and India)
SMB1: planet 2, California
The Great Escape (Escape Nazi Germany!)
Escape The Cave! (multi-tiered level)
Temple of Doom ((Page 1, Indonesia)
Sock-gra-la

quote, remove quote-tags and add more

New format, I'll be replacing the ?????s now. Just gotta check who made what xD

*edit* Damn you Goldrusher

Dante

God I'm at work dying to get home and play, the constant addition of all the user created levels is such a HUGE draw, being here at work reading about new ones people are enjoying, I totally feel like I'm missing out. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like at full release.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Metalmurphy said:
New format, I'll be replacing the ?????s now. Just gotta check who made what xD

*edit* Damn you Goldrusher
I made Shocking Cart Ride and Windmill Fling but you can probably take the Windmill one off the list as it was my first attempt. But the Cart one is really coool I think.

rhino4evr

Dante said:
God I'm at work dying to get home and play, the constant addition of all the user created levels is such a HUGE draw, being here at work reading about new ones people are enjoying, I totally feel like I'm missing out. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like at full release.

its going to be Insanity.

Dante

d0g_bear said:
to beta people: is there a "subscribe to this user" function (like in youtube)?

Yes, you can add a heart to them, and they get added to your favorites list. So far I have Chubigans and the guy who did Heist on mine, as they show the most potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom