• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LittleBigPlanet USER LEVELS thread.

Ranger X

Bliddo said:
Would be also cool a section with the newest levels

The page we have now as "Cool Level" should be a page where you can set filters.
You could be able to set the page to:

-Cool lever (whatever that would mean i suppose they would keep that)
-Most Hearted
-Most Plays
-Star Rating
-Date of Publication

Now THAT would be awesome and convenient.

Sin

Great thread! There's some awesome levels in here. :)

I just published a level:

GAF - OMG the beer!

PSN is Numemonja.

Give it a try! Some might find it a bit hard but its meant to be that way. :p

EL Beefo

Half Court Hoops
A great basketball mini-game, deserves to replace that other basketball level on the first page. Make 20 shots as fast as you can with more obstacles coming in every few baskets.

I don't remember the author, but your should be able to find it just by searching, or look in my hearted levels (psn = el_beefo)

Ranger X

Sackhouette 3 is coming! :)

Sackhouette3_wip.jpg

Teknoman said:
dvader654

Heh i didnt know you were making levels now Wesker. I'm really behind on my user level playing.

Took me forever, I am taking like a month break from making anything but I have my next level planed already.

BTW thanks for putting me on the list, I almost feel like I dont belong with such quality levels.

BadJrv

Ranger X said:
I played Pain In The Glass.
In my humble opinion, invisible = not fun. There are visual cues in a game for a reason.

Thanks for your feedback mate, but the game is meant to be a visual illusion, and i suppose that's not for everyone. If other gaffers could try it and tell me what they think i would be aprreciative :)

sun-drop

i'm trying to complete the offline game before going online and downloading user levels ... i've had a quick look however at the search globe.... it's keyword and user based right...

is there options to search for the top 50 most downloaded or hearted levels?

Clipper

sun-drop said:
i'm trying to complete the offline game before going online and downloading user levels ... i've had a quick look however at the search globe.... it's keyword and user based right...

is there options to search for the top 50 most downloaded or hearted levels?

No. You can search by any term you like that appears in the title, creator or description fields, or search for levels with particular tags. That's it.

Ranger X

BadJrv said:
Thanks for your feedback mate, but the game is meant to be a visual illusion, and i suppose that's not for everyone. If other gaffers could try it and tell me what they think i would be aprreciative :)

I feared you'd take my post with frustration. I didn't meant to be blunt. Re-reading my post it was a little tacky.

Ranger X

I republished The Banana Horde 1.0

(PSN: RangerZero)

Fixes:

- Now the apple respawns in case you throw in down the cliff...
- The spawning cloud works perfectly now.
- There's new sounds now like when you kill the locks and the boss.
- I've corrected other potential issues with the lift (this one will never be perfect).

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Sackhouette 3 looks great:) Wurm is very good in the arts!

I hope he returns some day:|

LegoDad

Everyone should check out my Level.

Truck Mountain v0.7

Its still in its beta form, any feedback would be appreciated, and especially some hearts for the level, and creator, you can also check out my other levels there too. (One is hilarious).:lol

PSN: caliblue15

BadJrv

Ranger X said:
I feared you'd take my post with frustration. I didn't meant to be blunt. Re-reading my post it was a little tacky.

Haha nah i would prefer you to be blunt. You gave me your honest opinion and for that I respect you. :D

Come on gaffers play my level and tell me what you think! :lol

ambalek

I published one last night called "Saturn 5", PSN: Ambalek

It's my first level, feedback/tips would be appreciated!

Gattsu25 said:
How do you get the foreground completely dark while the background is still very visible?
I'm guessing darkness settings to high/high fog with a glass background. Sticker that shit away for extra fun.

Couple levels for y'all to try. I didn't take pics though so you'll have to take my word for it.

Space Station 42
In an attempt to simulate low gravity, this stage does a pretty good job of it. You really do feel like you're in a jacked up space station with the occasional loss of gravity causing you to float without cause. It's worth at least one experience.

Veins (especially this one)

This level does a better job representing the human body than the human body level did. It even has red blood cells dropping down your pathway to the exit. Decent platformer with an average difficulty.

Also...

I initially wanted to make a small tech demo for the mecha I made in game so that players can get oriented to the controls before I started on a real stage. Needless to say, it didn't work out that much so in the next couple of days, you should be seeing part one of my mecha series...

- Armorboy: Basic Training - (name pending)

lbparmorboy1.jpg

Aside from the mecha control training, I've kinda managed to shove a lot of platforming in this as well. I'm kinda surprised personally, but I still have a ways to go before I'm done. The mecha can be boarded by two players and even provides a weapon power-up versus one player.

Here's a video of the basic design, movement, and base weaponry of the mecha used in the game. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ9uncjh1Kg

Stuff added since I posted the vid are damage on the Armorboy can now be taken over time versus a lucky one hit kill and weapon angle/camera angle adjustment when facing enemies above.

Ranger X

SappYoda said:
Shouldn't that make it The Banana Horde 1.1? ;)

Yeah well, putting a version number was an idiot idea. If you change it the level becomes harder to find for people that played the prior version (if they didn't heart it)

I will not use numbers in my future levels.

LegoDad

Ranger X said:
Yeah well, putting a version number was an idiot idea. If you change it the level becomes harder to find for people that played the prior version (if they didn't heart it)

I will not use numbers in my future levels.

How? Just search the name of the level without the numbers..

I actually like version numbered levels, it seems as though they are constantly updated, worked on, and they guy really wants to be a part of the LBP community instead of just throwing crap everywhere.

Ranger X

caliblue15 said:
How? Just search the name of the level without the numbers..

I actually like version numbered levels, it seems as though they are constantly updated, worked on, and they guy really wants to be a part of the LBP community instead of just throwing crap everywhere.

That's also true...

A number is more apparent than a fix list in the comments that's for sure.
I don't know what to think anymore :lol

LegoDad

ruffles said:
This thread needs more levels awesome levels.

Did you check out mine?

The only way to get more awesome levels in here is for us to play each others and give feedback on how to make it more awesome.

Mine is still in the BETA stages, just needs a lil dress up, I'd say 90% of the layout is done, just needs some tweaking, and beautifying.

Dr.Hadji

Can anyone make a twitter feed that exclusively posts LBP levels from GAF or elsewhere?

The feed can easily link to this thread.

Just an idea.

Ranger X

Wii Will Rock U said:
I'm assuming make the foreground first, background after.

Actually you should only need to mess around with the lighting/fog settings for the level.
This unless he truly making some black ground and objects.

Gattsu25

Banned
donkey show said:
I'm guessing darkness settings to high/high fog with a glass background. Sticker that shit away for extra fun.
Thanks! Would have never thought of using glass for the background!!

I'm pretty happy with the Savannah background with max fog and darkness, third fog color, fourth color correction scheme, and sticker'd glass on the background layer.

Gattsu25

Banned
KennyLinder said:
Why use stickers and not shapes from materials? Or do you mean just cloud stickers etc?
So that the background has pattern like:
Sackhouette3_wip.jpg

Instead of just being a solid color with black shapes and blotches in front of it?

Ranger X

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Toy Store Chaos

It's "black friday' and the toys have gone crazy. It's up to you to help your sack-person make it out of the store in one piece.

Give your PSN ID and the location in wich you published the level. It's going to be easier to search for it.

Schwowsers said:
Dunno, but wish he'd come back so we can get more updates on Sackhouette 3.

Actually, I will channel whatever Wurms wants to preview here.

Ranger X

Here's another update of good levels :)

HeaderHappyHolidays.png

Happy Holidays Little Big Planet / Esperado

-There’s snow. No kidding. A nice simple and well done level.
-North America

HappyHolidays01.png
HappyHolidays02.png

HeaderRagTag.png

Rag Tag Commandos / TeknomanEX

-This one is funny and having its unique touches. Good use of stickers.
-North America

RagTagCommandos01.png
RagTagCommandos02.png

HeaderNightimeArcticMoon.png

Nightime Under The Arctic Moon / BlackMark714

-Another snow level focusing on platforming. Similar and just as good as Foggy Mountain.
-North America

NightimeArcticMoon01.png
NightimeArcticMoon02.png

HeaderStarStruck2.png

Starstruck 2! / Jaeyden

-Things are getting better and better and so is Jaeyden at level making. Very nice level.
-North America

Starstruck201.png
Starstruck202.png

HeaderSteamPunk.png

SteamPunk! Clockworks / Magnum_Wolf

-Good gameplay. Looking good.
-North America

Steampunk01.png
Steampunk02.png

Teknoman

Gattsu25 said:
So that the background has pattern like:
Sackhouette3_wip.jpg

Instead of just being a solid color with black shapes and blotches in front of it?

Looks like Sonic spliced with some Treasure game and for some reason a bit of Rocket Knight. Also nice, I got featured:D Trying to put some better platforming into my second Black Star Army saga level. Takes place on an airship...or fleet of airships anyway.

Speevy

Banned

Speevy Manor/Speevy

Short, but intricately detail indoor level. Uses puzzles and enemies in equal measure to keep the stage fresh and varied.

Ranger X said:
Give your PSN ID and the location in wich you published the level. It's going to be easier to search for it.

PSN: MoonsaultSlayer. Location: North East of the U.S. (New York/New England area).

So I finally started playing some levels again. Azure palace..... do I need to hold onto that key through the whole level? Will need to try it again as I couldn't get past one point without the key (so it seemed).

Clipper

MoonsaultSlayer said:
PSN: MoonsaultSlayer. Location: North East of the U.S. (New York/New England area).

So I finally started playing some levels again. Azure palace..... do I need to hold onto that key through the whole level? Will need to try it again as I couldn't get past one point without the key (so it seemed).

You drop the key into the second pedestal (the one that retracts) and pick up a new one that appears on the nearby guy's arm. This really messed me up for a while because it's possible to take the first key back after it starts retracting and continue the rest of the level with the wrong key. Anyway, you take the second key to the midpoint of the level where you will get a sword which you need to use for the remainder of the level.

Teknoman

Speevy said:

Speevy Manor/Speevy

Short, but intricately detail indoor level. Uses puzzles and enemies in equal measure to keep the stage fresh and varied.

Did you ever finish the House of Toys level?

Clipper said:
You drop the key into the second pedestal (the one that retracts) and pick up a new one that appears on the nearby guy's arm. This really messed me up for a while because it's possible to take the first key back after it starts retracting and continue the rest of the level with the wrong key. Anyway, you take the second key to the midpoint of the level where you will get a sword which you need to use for the remainder of the level.

Ah, I see. Thanks. I died at one point "pushing" that key down and getting killed not knowing I had to ascend. I did remember a a key appearing but ignored it (forgot about it) when replaying and made it to the room with the hand thing where the bombs start dropping. I'll try again tomorrow along with a lot of these other great levels I see here.

It's amazing how using the "spiffy" in game backgrounds really add life to the levels. Mine feels flat and empty. Next time I won't go over board with objects upon objects. it may look simplistic but it gave me hell. I'm going for something a little more "solid" next.

Speevy

Banned
Teknoman said:
Did you ever finish the House of Toys level?

No, Media Molecule broke my train. I may go back to the drawing board on it one day, since I think I'm better than I was then.

But right now everyone try my level and tell me what you think.

Jaeyden

I created a club in Home called 'Sackboyz'. I will post all the featured levels mentioned in this thread on the bulletin boards in the clubhouse for any current Home users. Here's a recap of every level mentioned here so far. Let me know if I need to correct any spelling or missed anything.

Happy Holidays Little Big Planet / Esperado
Rag Tag Commandos / TecknomanEX
Nightime Under The Arctic Moon / BlackMark714
Starstruck 2! / Jaeyden
SteamPunk! Clockworks / Magnum_Wolf
Sproesser1 / Sproesser
Metal Gear Sack: Tactical Sacking / Jeffram
Nightmares Asylum / Grebber1
God of War: Trials of the Gods / RyanardoDaVinci
The Banana Horde 1.0 / RangerZero
Vertical Velocity / dvader654
GAF Sky Rocket / Ne0ism
Roll Your Own / TheBishop
Wurm Lord Adventure (version 2) / SaitoHalifax
Foggy Mountain / LeetGamer123
Little Big Lander-1-1 / Superbank
Into The Ocean Of Madness / Chubigans
Mini-Game "Clear The Decks" / Ayatomark
Light Show Wave Stage And Fireworks / Jesseboke
LivingRoom of Doom / Mike Protagonist
Sunset runaway / Mik2121
Little Big Colossus .v2 / DanielSan88
GumGEAR Prologue / Arcus010
The Little Big Pinball Machine v1.10 2P version / JollyRoger87
Grinder! / Jaeyden
Disco Gone Wrong! / Polishgamer
Platformer Pandemonium! / Korghano
The Domain / DrPacifist
Puzzlin Platformer / Miguel_Gordo
Little Big Satan / Dread9
Electrocity of Molecules/ joeinnit
Ghostbusting / joeinnit
Greenland For GAF v2.5/ joeinnit
Nintendo Trivia Test / Clipper_US
Sky Planet (Episode III) / SappYoda
Escape From Little Big Nazis / OnTheRochks
Shadow of Argus / Modulos
Axis Labyrinth / Puli
Climb the Bravia ! / botswanajones
Fire and Ice ver 1.25 / AkirasCrow
Gantz Mission 3 / Iralbe
Twisted Temple / Zookey
Haunted Ghost Land / HeLFiRe
The Jade Fortress / Jaeyden
Underground Maelstrom / CaptBurn
Night of the Living Skulls / RenderFX
Haunted Mansion / King_Ikreaj
The Seven / Mirefox
Elemental Madness / Zouketsuki
SMB: World 1 / RyanardoDaVinci
The Rock / TuxBobble
No Smokin While Spelunkin Complete GAF / Filth_Flannigan
Sacrifice of the Serpent GAF / Filth_Flannigan
Soccer Time / BleedPSN
Jungle Jam/El_Beefo
NUSUNDE / CHOBBY
EarthMusic / EarthMusic
The Black Box / Pukadon
Patchwork's Kingdom 1.0 / MaxKomRoger
Midnight in the Garden / Korghano
All Quiet on the LittleBigPlanet / -Winnie- ?
Real Ultimate Challenge / GirlGotGuyParts
Chrono Trigger - To Far Away Times / Kaz616
Pixel Animation Demo 1 / Clipper_US (aided by Modulos)
Spirited Away music / calvalryaki
Pixel Animation Demo 2 / Clipper_US(aided by Modulos)
LittleBigPlanet Alternate Ending: The Petition / Private Hoffman
Nightshift / steoc4
Marquee Demonstration / Modulos (in collaboration with Clipper_US)
Evening Adventure / SirenRose
Night Adventure / SirenRose
KingStory Part 1 and Part 2
Super Libidius / RRR30000
Escape Stream / X5z
Pane in the GLASS! / BadJrv
GAF - OMG the beer! / Numemonja
Half Court Hoops / ?
Truck Mountain v0.7 / caliblue15
Saturn 5 / Ambalek
Space Station 42 / ?
Veins / Ragnarokred