• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LittleBigPlanet USER LEVELS thread.

LegoDad

This one isn't from me, but I love it.

It's called The Garden at Midnight.

By Cymbol

Only has 36 plays but 19 hearts, its very well polished.

Please tell me what you think, and I'll give all feedback to him.

Thanks.

Dante

2 dudes on my Friends list asked if I could give their levels a mention here:

RyanardoDaVinci: LBC1 - PS3 Birthday Beyond Bash

Superbeard: (DOP) Definition of Pain

I didn't play either of them yet, but their past levels are pretty awesome, especially Ryanardo's

65077735gz3.gif

The Snowman Lost Body / jump_button
- big mountan you have to get to top and get the snowman body back down but u have to get to it
- near the UK

sorry no pic ill try and get some soon

Ranger X

Sorry to all people I refused playing with.
I'm not much into multiplayer except for those multiplayer mandatory parts in the single player. Also, making this thread takes alot of my LBP alloted time.

At some point I might ask some of you guys to join me to complete them.

Ranger X

PuppetMaster said:
I just published my level called "Sack Draft". It is fire rescue themed.

It's in the Japan area under Recent. I spent quite a bit of time on it so I would appreciate some feed back.

PSN ID: Germz

Just a note, "recent" is only the levels YOU recently played. It's not relevant for us.

Bliddo

I republished Tower Ride, with some major tweaks.
Check out also Piano Planet and Rolling Tower, I made some improvements.

Clipper

endless.png

Endless Checkpoint Demo/Clipper_US

Gives you a machine that automatically generates checkpoints to give you unlimited lives without cluttering the level with extra or exhausted checkpoints.

Located in Australia

This is a cross-post from the other thread, but I thought people here would be interested too. This level demonstrates and gives you an endless checkpoint machine. The machine automatically creates new checkpoints and destroys old ones giving you a system that dispenses an unlimited number of lives. Great for those levels that you want to make really hard, but don't want to annoy people by forcing them to restart the level multiple times if they can't do it in the usual number. Also a great idea if you want to set up a 4-player challenge area (the typical checkpoints would only give you two tries max. if you want a perilous zone).

Edit: Version 2 is now up with some minor bug fixes.

On The Edge
MoeEazy

DSC01104-1.jpg

It's a beautiful and cool level. GUNS!!!!!

North Africa

Crazy Lockdown
MoeEazy

DSC01109.jpg

Quick and short platformer.

North Africa

Sorry for the crap quality=(

peetfeet

Just published my 3rd level, 'We won it 5 times' probably won't mean much to our US cousins but give it a go anyway!!

PSN ID: PeetFeet

Ranger X

EL Beefo said:
Half Court Hoops
A great basketball mini-game, deserves to replace that other basketball level on the first page. Make 20 shots as fast as you can with more obstacles coming in every few baskets.

I don't remember the author, but your should be able to find it just by searching, or look in my hearted levels (psn = el_beefo)

Very fun mini-game!

By the way, I hope you will make another good level like Jungle Jam. I will feature it in my future updates because it's really good!

vercity82

Level needing hearted : We have to start somewhere

give me some loving hearts people :) dont need to play just pass and heart half way to 50 :D

jax (old)

Banned
a) subscribed to this thread. AWESOME WORK

b) recommend the:

300 inspired stage.
It was very amusing. I don't remember the exact name or whatnot as I'm very new to LBP still but you should be able to find it using a search for 300. The final boss cracked me up. - its called 300 SPARTANS

played sackhouette 1+2

comments:

you need to tweak the levels so sackboy is able to make the jumps easily instead of feeling like the jump mechanics is off. On the level with the cat, I draged it and it got stuck with the plant/platform and I needed to kill myself to get out of the little valley it formed. still, very nice looking. I didn't complete either because the silhouette style + jumping limitations made it a lot iffy.

ShortBus

Just published my first level.

Fuji (v1.03)
North America
Username: BornToBeMild

You guys can be honest. I can handle it. :lol

Ranger X

Jax said:
a) subscribed to this thread. AWESOME WORK

b) recommend the:

300 inspired stage.
It was very amusing. I don't remember the exact name or whatnot as I'm very new to LBP still but you should be able to find it using a search for 300. The final boss cracked me up. - its called 300 SPARTANS

played sackhouette 1+2

comments:

you need to tweak the levels so sackboy is able to make the jumps easily instead of feeling like the jump mechanics is off. On the level with the cat, I draged it and it got stuck with the plant/platform and I needed to kill myself to get out of the little valley it formed. still, very nice looking. I didn't complete either because the silhouette style + jumping limitations made it a lot iffy.

300 Spartans is really cool. It's planned to be in my next updates of featured levels (will update some before the end of the week-end) unless it reaches 1000 plays before that.

Hey everyone, creator of Patchwork's Kingdom here!

My first level in my upcoming series of LBP levels entitled "Quest Against the GAFfers" is going to be published within the hour. The first level is called Gregarious Garden and my PSN name is MaxKomRoger.

Be sure to play, heart and comment on it! :D I'm sure you'll all enjoy it!

EDIT: IT'S UP! GO PLAY NOW!

Ranger X

Here we go,

HeaderLilBigKong.png

LilBig Kong / XenonHMW

-Best try at Donkey Kong so far. It's a bit hard but don't get discouraged!
-North America

LilBigKong01.png

Header300spartans.png

300 Spartans / branditimus

-Good gameplay. Looking good. Be patient with the cliff at first, it’s worth it.
-North America

300spartans01.png
300spartans02.png

HeaderMountainIsMad.png

Csim’s The Mountain is Mad / Caresims

-Not a looker but pure platforming. There’s a eerie vibe to it.
-North America

TheMountainIsMad01.png
TheMountainIsMad02.png

HeaderEndlessCheckpoint.png

Endless Checkpoint Demo / Clipper_US

-Demonstration of an infinite life device. Take it. Use it.
-Australia

EndlessCheckpointDemo01.png

HeaderTheElementsEarth.png

The Elements: Earth / Kibbles01

-Good looking and quite unique. Starts with some “Sonic-ish” sequence.
-South America

TheElementsEarth01.png
TheElementsEarth02.png

HeaderUndergroundMaelstrom.png

Underground Maelstrom / Capburn

-Good gameplay and good looking. Nice use of lights.
-Africa

UndergroundMaelstrom01.png
UndergroundMaelstrom02.png

Ranger X

I also updated the quick popular levels list.

Already popular but good levels:

-Robotic Automatic / RagnarokRed
-Veins / RagnarokRed
-Legend of Zelda Dungeon 1-1 Remake: Innovative and Nostalgic!!
-Super Libidius / RRR30000
-Mega Man's Escape / Availation
-Night of the Living Skulls / RenderFX
-Twisted Temple / Zookey
-Fable Of Souls / Jemi-Maru
-No Surprises / HappyBivouac
-EarthMusic&Slime Ver3.00 / EarthMusic
-Colors in the dark! / SirenRose
-Wurm Lord Adventure (version 2) / SaitoHalifax
-Disco Gone Wrong! / Polishgamer
-Sackouette 2 - SkyGoose's Dilemma / Luckett_X
-Illumina Garden / ShadowFlareX
-LEDicrous Race / RyanardoDaVinci
-Little Big Phantasy P.1 / Gevurah22
-The Azure Palace / Gevurah22
-Jail Break / Link_AJ
-Tetrin / RRR30000
-Libidius / RRR30000
-The Lost Temple / Agente47
-World of Colour / Geosautus
-Mad Mansion / Geosautus
-Garden 1.1 / Geosautus
-ICO (finished version) / Mushroom_Samba
-Little Big Calculator / Upsilandre

Xenon

Yes, thanks for the nod on lilbig kong as well.

Im about 3/4 through my next level but I keep hitting creative walls. =P I really need to start playing the game again.

Jaeyden

2054 (v1.24) / Jardeaux
Temple Of Coopertition / Jardeaux

I hearted a lot of good levels this weekend, but these two really stood out. Very polished well designed levels. Expect to see more good stuff from this guy..and yes it is 'coopertition', it's got a couple co-op areas so bring a friend. On another note I could not find Speevy Manor for the life of me, anyone got it in their hearted levels?

Anyone played any levels made by someone called Mugrows? (sp. I think that's what his name is)

He's japanese and all his levels are titled Mugrows V1/2/3/etc. They're really fucking hardcore, but awesome as well. I'd recomend them, especially if you like a challenge.

Is there a way of changing the colour of the poision fog? OR is there a way of emitting white fog out of something (my ground material if possible).

I want to have a white mist coming out of the ground and I am not sure how to tackle it. At the moment I am just using the yellow/green posion mist from the dangerous tools section.

So excited to get into this thread, been so busy playing Gears/Motorstorm/Resistance/Mirror's Edge/Dead Space/Bioshock that I haven't done much but make a few levels.

I just posted an interesting one, it's called LittleBig POPCORN BAG, my PSN is same as my ID here. I also have a co-op level that is pretty fun. Can't wait to jump on tonight and play some of the sweetness.

A shout out to any of the HSG GAF diehards, if you're here!

p.s. just looked at the list above, SirenRose's levels are really good, stumbled upon those this weekend.

Ranger X

Jaeyden said:
2054 (v1.24) / Jardeaux
Temple Of Coopertition / Jardeaux

I hearted a lot of good levels this weekend, but these two really stood out. Very polished well designed levels. Expect to see more good stuff from this guy..and yes it is 'coopertition', it's got a couple co-op areas so bring a friend. On another note I could not find Speevy Manor for the life of me, anyone got it in their hearted levels?

Did you try 2054 from my friendlist? :p It's an excellent level indeed!
And yeah i'd like to find Speevy Manor too. I can't find it. Let's tell each other if it's ever in our hearted lists.

My son (age 10) just completed a level called -

Way way back to the future
PS ID is Residentevil6wii

Please try it out. Its a long level and its pretty tough, but I think its good. Please give him some hearts. Thanks

Station42

is anyone hearting every level suggested in this thread? so that hearting him we can keep updated without reading all the pages?

Ranger X

Station42 said:
is anyone hearting every level suggested in this thread? so that hearting him we can keep updated without reading all the pages?

I make this thread out of my hearted list.
Have a look at my level The Banana Horde 1.2 published over North America. Click on "more from this author" and then click on me (RangerZero). You will be able to heart me and then access my hearted list anytime quick.

(Just in case it can be usefull to you, If you want to go check the authors you hearted, you go in the "My Stats" planet and then on "me". Change the pages with L1 and R1 so you can reach your hearted creators page.

BadlyCookedTurkey said:
You can tweak the colour of gas with square.

I can't work this out.

I have created a material, and made it give off the gas, which is yellow. I can't see any tweak option to change it to another colour. Please could you tell me how you do this?

Thanks.

some of these levels are just gorgeous -- kibbles, I'm looking at you, bucko.

Excellent work, people. Most of these levels are just as stunningly realized that MM's own.

Speevy

Banned
Ranger X said:
Did you try 2054 from my friendlist? :p It's an excellent level indeed!
And yeah i'd like to find Speevy Manor too. I can't find it. Let's tell each other if it's ever in our hearted lists.

Do a search for "Speevyworld" and "find more by this creator".

Speevy Manor should pop up.

I'm having decision troubles. Ranger X provided good advice a while back saying to just make what you like without worrying about how good it is or whatever, just pure creativity and whatnot... I'm trying to stick with that but what I'm making is more of an atmosphere kind of thing, there's really not much danger (you CAN die certainly) but other than challenge its coming along pretty awesome and now I can't decide whether or not to make it more elaborate or just leave it as a decent experience.

Blargh. But regardless, when its done I can't wait to share it.

Ranger X

brandonh83 said:
I'm having decision troubles. Ranger X provided good advice a while back saying to just make what you like without worrying about how good it is or whatever, just pure creativity and whatnot... I'm trying to stick with that but what I'm making is more of an atmosphere kind of thing, there's really not much danger (you CAN die certainly) but other than challenge its coming along pretty awesome and now I can't decide whether or not to make it more elaborate or just leave it as a decent experience.

Blargh. But regardless, when its done I can't wait to share it.

All I would do is work on it until it feels good enough. When you think it's ready it's probably because it is!

I would be curious actually about a level focusing more on scenery and exploration. People were making those type of things in the Knytt Stories community and some of them pulled off some REALLY atmospheric things.

Ranger X said:
All I would do is work on it until it feels good enough. When you think it's ready it's probably because it is!

I would be curious actually about a level focusing more on scenery and exploration. People were making those type of things in the Knytt Stories community and some of them pulled off some REALLY atmospheric things.

Well the atmosphere in mine isn't anything special. Yet. I think I have a couple of tricks up my sleeve that can make it really cool though but it's only going to target a small number of people, probably. I do play through it a lot and pretend like I'm playing someone else's level.

Just made my first real level...CHECK IT OUT! Heart me and my levels too while you're at it (I need to get that platinum somehow! :p )

Called 'World of Fabric'. Did a lot of iterating on this, so if you played it originally it is radically different now.

PSN is Lemm so it may be easier to search that way.

Ranger X, I'd appreciate it if you could add some pics from the level when you get a chance (preferably some of the colorful lighting sections) and put it in the standard format you've got for this thread. I don't have a camera unfortunately.

EDIT: just republished it. Had a bug that needed fixing at the end.

Ranger X

Private Hoffman said:
Just made my first real level...CHECK IT OUT! Heart me and my levels too while you're at it (I need to get that platinum somehow! :p )

Called 'World of Fabric'. Did a lot of iterating on this, so if you played it originally it is radically different now.

PSN is Lemm so it may be easier to search that way.

Ranger X, I'd appreciate it if you could add some pics from the level when you get a chance (preferably some of the colorful lighting sections) and put it in the standard format you've got for this thread. I don't have a camera unfortunately.

EDIT: just republished it. Had a bug that needed fixing at the end.

I'll try to remember that and send you some pics and header in PM tonight.

Top Bottom