• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The majority of PS4 PSN titles seem to be PC ports. Anyone else incredibly vexed?

No, you drew a conclusion 'Sony will remove games like The Order' based on a request 'I hope Sony show off Indies'.

That's quite a leap.

What the hell?

No, I said 'I hope they bump The Order for a 20 minute indie showcase' because it would make me laugh, and I would rather have that. Did you even read what I replied to?

I hope Sony continue on this indie train. The hostile reaction from some people has been hilarious.

I was agreeing with this guy, who you seem to have left alone. Seeing people pissed off at indies is funny to me. I also love indie games. Sony's indie showcase last year was brilliant, I want more of that.

I don't actually know why I'm bothering, because you apparently can't read.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
What the hell?

No, I said 'I hope they bump The Order for a 20 minute indie showcase' because it would make me laugh, and I would rather have that. Did you even read what I replied to?

I was agreeing with this guy, who you seem to have left alone. Seeing people pissed off at indies is funny to me. I also love indie games. Sony's indie showcase last year was brilliant, I want more of that.

I don't actually know why I'm bothering, because you apparently can't read.

This just looks like sarcasm to me. I don't think it's a matter of my comprehension but rather a matter of how you expressed your view:

"I hope Sony continue on this indie train. The hostile reaction from some people has been hilarious."

"Oh god yes, I hope they do a showcase at E3 and bump something like The Order just to fit it in. "

If I'm wrong, I'm sorry, but that's how it came across to me. So you were seriously suggesting it would be funny if Sony removed The Order and replaced it with Indies just to annoy people who don't like Indies? You can see why I found it confusing then. It's a little ... excessive, don't you think?

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I think we need more iOS ports instead of PC ports, actually. I want to play a gated slot machine game on my eventual ps4.

My PC is for work only so I am glad they are bringing PC titles over so I can enjoy them.

It's only going to seem bad to people who game on PC which in the bigger picture is more of a minority.

As someone who doesn't have a PC to game on and doesn't really have any interest in getting one, I'm pretty happy with all of the downloadable Indie games I'm getting. Hopefully Sony can get a deal in place to get the Stanley Parable on PS4.

Don't know if I'd ever be disappointed with more games.

Yep.

More games is a good thing. If it's not your cup of tea, that's fine, it's someone's cup of tea, and it's not like Sony is spending money on these games, the devs are making the conscious decision to release games there as porting seems to be fairly easy.

Good on the devs for getting more money and exposure!

JLeack

Banned
Agreed. This is part of the reason I've been playing my Xbox One a lot more despite being a PS fan first. I've played so many of the PS4 games on PC already. That includes Warframe, Outlast, and most of the indie titles.

I can see gamers without a PC really digging it, though

Agreed. This is part of the reason I've been playing my Xbox One a lot more despite being a PS fan first. I've played so many of the PS4 games on PC already. That includes Warframe, Outlast, and most of the indie titles.

You, a PS fan first? Please. And somehow the PS4 having exclusives AND PC ports makes it worse than the XB1's offerings? Mmhmm.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest. It gives me a chance to play PC games with other console friends. And I missed some of the games on PC the first time around.

I think the majority of people don't mind ports of games as long as they are good games.
People in the halo collection thread are foaming out the mouth for that halo collection.

JLeack

Banned
You, a PS fan first? Please. And somehow the PS4 having exclusives AND PC ports makes it worse than the XB1's offerings? Mmhmm.

It doesn't bother me in the slightest. It gives me a chance to play PC games with other console friends. And I missed some of the games on PC the first time around.

Xbox One had some games these past 6 months I enjoyed playing.

And yes I'm a PC and PS gamer first. Hence why I own every PS console and handheld, and am level 15 on PSN. I even wrote for and managed a PlayStation fan site for 3 years. Meanwhile, the Xbox One is my first Microsoft console and I only have around 2500 gamerpoints. What of it?

DrPreston

Exclusives are mostly a bad thing when all the popular platforms available these days are so similar. I like seeing most titles available on one platform being available on other platforms as well.

nib95

Banned
Wait, why is this a bad thing? Games are games, irrespective of the platform. The more you have the better it is, especially if you're getting them at a faster rate than your main competitors in the console space.

patients people
billboard_patientguest.jpg

Zolbrod

As someone who owns only a crappy PC, I'm more than happy actually.
Also, they're often free on PS+, so that's even better.

Just stop dude, the stuff you've said on twitter and have written for on crave online proves you have an agenda.

On the topic opening up games to as many platforms as possible is a win win for everybody the developers and gamers, so no I'm not vexed

Just be happy the developers thought enough of the console market to port it there in the first place.
Doesn't matter if it's exclusive or not.
Sony is in a position where they don't need exclusives anyway.

Tagyhag

This would only bother someone if they already owned a PC and they got a PS4 thinking it would get a ton of indie exclusives.

To which I have to say, those people weren't thinking in the long run. Sony's going to moneyhat some exclusives, but the majority will always be ports.

No, it's not that at all but it's just that if I buy a PS4 I want to be able to be able to play experiences I can only have on a PS4. I don't want to say "Hmm when is Rougue Legacy coming out on PS4, never mind I'll just buy it on Steam". Granted I would much rather play a game on a console but at a certain point you just have to wonder why you unloaded all that money for PC ports.

Uh..because for $400 I can have something that plays PC ports AND exclusives.

I'm hoping I can make my PC a media playing server/netflix/hulu plus/sports watching box that I'll occasionally have to fire up to play an mmo or Star Citizen. Other than that I'd prefer all my cross platform and exclusive gaming to be done on the PS4.

That's just me though.

Past

I was expecting an open-platform indie market similar to the App Store/Play Store or heck even the 360 Indie market when Sony said that they would allow self-publishing and all. But all we get are either old PC ports or big well-known indie games.

Nethaniah

I was expecting an open-platform indie market similar to the App Store/Play Store or heck even the 360 Indie market when Sony said that they would allow self-publishing and all. But all we get are either old PC ports or big well-known indie games.

That was my first impression when these consoles were anounced, maybe i was a little too hopeful.

the console hasn't been out for a year.. at least Sony is giving us something to play with the game drought. I think people are way too needy. They're still giving us free games. They're just giving us something to play at a while we wait for the games that we really want. No need to complain.

That was my first impression when these consoles were anounced, maybe i was a little too hopeful.

You were a little too unrealistic. 6 months into the life of the hardware?

I'm buying a PS4 in 2 weeks because the games I want to play on it are out right now (MLB the Show, Infamous, NBA 2k14 and Black Flag)

I wouldn't spend $400 on what I hope will happen.

Nethaniah

You were a little too unrealistic. 6 months into the life of the hardware?

I'm buying a PS4 in 2 weeks because the games I want to play on it are out right now (MLB the Show, Infamous, NBA 2k14 and Black Flag)

I wouldn't spend $400 on what I hope will happen.

I don't own a PS4, all i'm saying is the way the whole self publishing was being talked about i was expecting something different than what we have right now.

And i would never buy a console based on future stuff, i consider myself brighter than that, just looking at the Last Guardian and FFXV threads make me sad.

ColiBreh1

Banned
LOL. We've come full circle. Folks have gone from complaining about the lack of AAA exclusives announced for PS4 to now complaining about the lack of digital PS4 PSN exclusives.

fade_

No, it's not that at all but it's just that if I buy a PS4 I want to be able to be able to play experiences I can only have on a PS4. I don't want to say "Hmm when is Rougue Legacy coming out on PS4, never mind I'll just buy it on Steam". Granted I would much rather play a game on a console but at a certain point you just have to wonder why you unloaded all that money for PC ports.

Most people buy a console this early for the life of the console not just for what's out right then. BOTH systems are lacking in the exclusive game department right now as is par for the course first year of launch. What's so wrong about quenching a little thirst with some PC ports? People who act like that's all the PS4 will not churn out great exclusives like last gen are just spreading FUD in my opinion.

Eh you have to give it time, the psn market is still relatively new and small compared to pc. Even google playstore till this days sometimes still have to wait for ios ports.

Also indies will want their games to be on as many platform as possible, and if they can't afford simultaneous release, I don't blame them if they focus on pc first and port to ps4 later since the userbase is much bigger on pc
Complaining about it just make us a hypocrite after all the shit ms got for their parity clause that demand simultaneous release with ps4

So? I'm sure there are millions of people like me that don't/can't/care to game on the PC. That means the PS4 is the only platform I'll find them on. They're all fresh titles to me, and I have little concern over whatever other platform they're on. Trust me, the opposite situation would be much worse. "Why isn't Xxxxx on PSN!? Sony should give indies more exposure! Why don't they diversify their digital store's content??"

I welcome playstation exclusive digital titles, but it's been less than half a year. Seriously, are we really supposed to be concerned that the offering is less than satisfactory this soon out of the gate? Do you need any reminders of the dull offering PSN had for the PS3? All I had was Go! Puzzle and Super Rub-a-dub for a year!

yuraya

lol console gamers sure do seem ungrateful with these type of threads. Isn't Warframe (F2P PC port) like the most downloaded and most played PS4 game? That alone tells you how terrible the launch lineup and current game drought is for the PS4. Instead of complaining about these PC ports people need to be thanking them. Without them the ps4 would be collecting dust for most of its owners.

I still don't see anything really that wrong with what the OP said, especially once he clarified ( though I do agree with people who are saying he's expecting way too many exclusives too soon)
He doesn't want the pc games not to come. he just wanted some more sony first party stuff.
I think the whole "exclusives are dumb" thing is ...dumb.
So if a company makes a console, are they supposed to make their first party games also available on all other systems?

Top Bottom