• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

THE MAKING OF FINAL FANTASY XV - Hosted by IGN (Part 1 Tomorrow!)

DPtheGod

20 days away!

The wait for this game is real!

We're about to hit four months until release. Personally, if there are any issues graphically with the game, I won't be bothered in the slightest. When Witcher 3 launched, it had some graphical/technical issues that were fixed via patches. Final Fantasy XV can receive the same treatment.

Ray Down

Banned
I'll refuse to look for any graphical defects in this early footage, and I think it looks good anyway.

Watching the video I feel the team must be super pumped getting the game finally out soon.

Three years of work finally coming out has to be a refreshing feeling.

Philippo

Didn't The Last of Us run at a slide-show frame rate up until very close to release?
I mean, i know not every dev works the same way, but it still shows that it's too early too judge the technical aspect.

Ray Down

Banned
Didn't The Last of Us run at a slide-show frame rate up until very close to release?
I mean, i know not every dev works the same way, but it still shows that it's too early too judge the technical aspect.

Yeah they said this in the like the document video they released after the game launched.

No, rewatch the Uncovered trailer. They showed two areas (don't remember if it was two different towns) with a ton of NPCs. They're just missing in that shot because of the build.
Yup same town different part of it and most likely a different build. It looks like the GI and ign builds are before the uncovered event

Can someone crop Luna and make me an avatar of that face? Love it!

Making-FFXV-Part-1-IGN.jpg

Aters

It's surprising that even though they are dropping info every week, we still don't know much of the game yet. Please keep it This way Square.

Balls

Banned
How is it possible that they can show so much of the game yet we still barely know anything about the game/story/characters.

Arkeband

Banned
How is it possible that they can show so much of the game yet we still barely know anything about the game/story/characters.

I guess this depends on how much you expect the full game to have.

We already know about the entire main cast and the first chapter of the game, and we don't know how many chapters it will have. 5? 6? Have we seen ~20% of the game already? Who knows.

We have a basic understanding of the plot, provided there aren't plot twists out of left field like going to the moon, or halfway through the game the city you're getting back to gets nuked and the focus abruptly changes.

We have a vague description of the length of the game and some size estimates of the land mass, which they say is fully explorable, but that seems awfully fishy for a game we know the engine is still currently being tinkered with and only had a full dev period of a few years. Will it be sparse, or did they implement some kind of procedural quest generation? Would that be as vapid and lifeless as Skyrim's? We don't know yet. We do know that they were making unique quests (200-ish?), but are they MMO-tier or is each one complex and involved? We don't really know yet.

sappyday

I guess this depends on how much you expect the full game to have.

We already know about the entire main cast and the first chapter of the game, and we don't know how many chapters it will have. 5? 6? Have we seen ~20% of the game already? Who knows.

We have a basic understanding of the plot, provided there aren't plot twists out of left field like going to the moon, or halfway through the game the city you're getting back to gets nuked and the focus abruptly changes.

We have a vague description of the length of the game and some size estimates of the land mass, which they say is fully explorable, but that seems awfully fishy for a game we know the engine is still currently being tinkered with and only had a full dev period of a few years.

Well XIII had XIII chapters so one would assume that XV would have at least XV or at the very least more than ten.

The new footage was all excellent, but the interview was mostly worthless as I feared it would be. No honest information, just the same PR and marketing double-speak with all the rehashed lines we've heard before. Aw well, if the footage is this chunky for every installment I can get behind it.

NYR94

Tempted to watch, but I probably won't. I want to go into the game with as little knowledge as possible. Considering how long this game has been in development, I know very little. I usually follow highly anticipated games too closely and I don't want to do that with FFXV. Waited way too long.

Tempted to watch, but I probably won't. I want to go into the game with as little knowledge as possible. Considering how long this game has been in development, I know very little. I usually follow highly anticipated games too closely and I don't want to do that with FFXV. Waited way too long.

They haven't shown anything of importance, this is coming from someone following the game over the past 10 years. The awesome thing is.. I have no idea how it's going to end. I'll be skipping the E3 trailer and the following ones until release.

This roc is awesome. I want to just follow it and see how it lives. Does it hunt? Does it live in a nest? Is it part of a flock of rocs?

My one complaint about monster design in this game is that some of them are so realistic it makes me feel guilty to think of fighting them.

In Duscae when Gladio invited Noct to bust some Garula heads I was like oh cool, great idea. Then after lunch we can go shoot some endangered buffalo from a train window. Those big Garula have babies! They're just trying to defend their adorable wooly giant babies :'-(

I'm definitely doing a nature lover playthrough -- I'll observe and document the behavior of the fauna, but not attacking if they don't first.

This roc is awesome. I want to just follow it and see how it lives. Does it hunt? Does it live in a nest? Is it part of a flock of rocs?

My one complaint about monster design in this game is that some of them are so realistic it makes me feel guilty to think of fighting them.

In Duscae when Gladio invited Noct to bust some Garula heads I was like oh cool, great idea. Then after lunch we can go shoot some endangered buffalo from a train window. Those big Garula have babies! They're just trying to defend their adorable wooly giant babies :'-(

I'm definitely doing a nature lover playthrough -- I'll observe and document the behavior of the fauna, but not attacking if they don't first.

The worst part is they don't even attack. You could go right up and pet them.

Koozek

Yeah, this footage looks waaay better. I watched it on my TV and at the usual distance I'd have if I played the game and this absolutly looked good enough for the scale it has.

The worst part is they don't even attack. You could go right up and pet them.

LOL, I heard this from a lot of people who played ED. I felt sorry for them, too :( Probably the first time I felt like this in a RPG when I think about it.

Top Bottom