• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Master System box art - or what were Sega thinking?

Duchess

The console is awesome and I am currently developing a game for it. Thought I would share a few screens.

Capture.png

Capture.png

Capture.png

Capture.png

Capture2.png

Nothing planned yet about publishing/selling it (I do have a Game Gear game planned for this year though). I am purely sharing this to show people that there is an active development scene for SEGA's 8 bits consoles, including tools that help achieving good results, even if it is not as elaborated as the MegaDrive scene. Still these tools are awesome and a lot of thing originate for smspower website, if you are interested.
Here, that's excellent! I'm sure there are many YouTube channels and websites that would be happy to hear from you about it.

https://www.indieretronews.com covers a lot of games for older systems, so that's something you could hit up.

You could probably sell copies on itch.io, too!

Last edited:

AREYOUOKAY?

Nevermind the art please bring back those built like a tank cases. I absolutely despise what they have for the PS4,PS5, Xbox One, Xbox SX, Switch. It’s a gamble to even buy games these days due to the constantly damaged artwork. I’d even settle for music jewel cd cases over them which are still a thing.

Top Bottom