• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MGS4 NYC Midnight Launch thread of HIDEO KOJIMA

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
KGKK said:
Fuck hotel fare, I will sleep with the hobos. Can you still cross the border with only your proof of citizenship or do you now need a valid passport to get into the States? I think they changed it to the latter this year right? If so then fuck.

passport,

Blood sample,

Retinal scan

fingerprints

And when you go to Canada, all you need is a smile. :D

Brofist

I'm actually going to be in NY for a couple weeks around that time, I might actually go down and check this out.

OMG I live in NY! First time I'm actually happy to live here:D

I'm probably going to buy an extra copy for him to sign. This copy will remain on a pedestal and will never be opened.:D

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Cirekiller said:
OMG I live in NY! First time I'm actually happy to live here:D

I'm probably going to buy an extra copy for him to sign. This copy will remain on a pedestal and will never be opened.:D

I think I might do the same thing. I hope there are freebies and prizes given out.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
neojubei said:
Thats good, now you can invite some out of state gaffers to spend the night.

I think it is a tour so, he might be in a different city at a different time and date.
This sounds more like the June 12th "VIP" events they were talking about. Japan and L.A. events are also planned, I wonder who's going to be there.

KGKK said:
Fuck hotel fare, I will sleep with the hobos. Can you still cross the border with only your proof of citizenship or do you now need a valid passport to get into the States? I think they changed it to the latter this year right? If so then fuck.
IIRC, the new rules got delayed and don't go into effect till June 09. You only need proof of citizenship and a valid photo i.d.

Arsenic

Fuck. Im only 30 mins away from that, but ima miss it all because of a trip to florida :(.

To cancel or not to cancel...

It's gonna suck if they don't do something in the LA area. LA is more important than NY.
angry.gif

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
shagg_187 said:
Any GAFFER in GTA planning to go there?
Also, 1UP Show better be there! I want another "This is NeoGAF dude" gif :lol
if i can i will.

ive always wanted to check out a videogame spectacle

I'm like an hour away from the city, maybe I should go... tho my friends will make fun of me... but if I go I can stand in line with a box over me.

Killthee

akachan ningen said:
It's gonna suck if they don't do something in the LA area. LA is more important than NY.
angry.gif

One of the surprises at the press conference came at the very end. As the lights dimmed out for the event to end, a one-way dialogue very similar to the endings in the MGS games took place, hinting about a "worldwide live broadcast" and "VIP" events in Akihabara, New York, and Los Angeles on June 12.
:D

Probably at the shitty GameStop/EB at Citywalk.

Are you in GTA? I am in if you can set up car pool. Alternatively we can take the bus together. Do you really look like the person in your avatar?

shagg_187 said:
True. :(
I might just drive/carpool or something IF i go.

IF.

IF!

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
Valkyr Junkie said:
Part of me is upset I can't be there, the other part is relieved because you guys are almost guaranteed to be "Dumbledore'd" in line.
bring it on.

id be happy to get violent

Killthee

neojubei said:
The 6th Harry Potter book was spoiled to a lot of people waiting in line for it by idiots screaming out what happens to Dumbledore in the book.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
hmmmm if there is an interested gaffer who wouldnt mind accepting some paypal money id totally pay someone to get me a signed copy...hopefully though it wont come to that and ill be in new york by then. god the dmv sucks at getting my replacement ID to me on time.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
-COOLIO- said:
it ends june 1st though ;__;

that means id have to hobo for 10 days : (

No No. I am already @ checkout with June 9th tickets till June 12th. I still don't know whether i should extend June 9th to June 10th or June 11th for it depends on how many people show up.

nyc_ticket.jpg

Leave on the 11th. I am so there with you, hands holding and shit.

shagg_187 said:
No No. I am already @ checkout with June 9th tickets till June 12th. I still don't know whether i should extend June 9th to June 10th or June 11th for it depends on how many people show up.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Hmm, live close enough to NYC (hour by car), but have work the next morning, not sure I will be able to take off :(

Top Bottom