• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mooch: "I'm going to fire everybody"

Oppo

Out-Onioned, somehow, yet again

Press aide resigns as White House purge begins: ‘I’m going to fire everybody,’ says Scaramucci

Anthony Scaramucci, the new White House communications director, threatened on Tuesday to fire his entire staff in an effort to stem the leaking that has plagued President Trump's administration since almost the first day he took office.

“I’m going to fire everybody, that’s how I’m going to do it,” Scaramucci said. “You’re either going to stop leaking or you’re going to get fired.”

The first to leave the West Wing on Tuesday was senior assistant press secretary Michael Short, who resigned after a report emerged in Politico hours earlier saying that he would be fired in Scaramucci's quest to uproot leakers.

Scaramucci, wearing blue-tinted aviator sunglasses and speaking to a small group of reporters in the White House driveway Tuesday morning, gestured to the guard booth on the outskirts of the complex to emphasize his threat.

“If they don’t stop leaking, I’m going to put them out on Pennsylvania Avenue — it’s a very clear thing,” he said. “You want to sell postcards to the tourists outside the gate or you want to work in the West Wing? What do you want to do? If you want to work in the West Wing, you’ve got to stop leaking.”

You know Trump loves this but maaaaaaan how long can this dumpster fire burn for?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I love it. Threatening and firing people will surely make the people happy.

Want to make the leaking stop? Then stop being asshats. It's not hard.

Therin

I thought they were having major trouble getting people to fill roles .. can they afford to be firing so many people?

PSqueak

Banned
Isn't this counterproductive?

i mean

step 1: Leak
step 2: Get fired
step 3: You get pissed because you're fired
step 4: Leak more

Oppo

this is their version of "coming out swinging"

there was probably a meeting to discuss the sunglasses choice

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
So basically admitting they have no clue who is leaking and can only resort to mass punitive actions to stop it. I'm sure that will really button up whoever is leaking stuff and not embolden people on the fence to also start leaking.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
About half an hour after firing everyone, this guy is gonna realize that he can't do everything himself, then hide in a corner, pretending that he doesn't need to do any work.

Obviously, firing everyone at the same time and replacing them with people who have no idea what their predecessors did is the mark of excellent leadership and organization.

But Scaramucci also made clear “1,000 percent” that he is prepared to fire any communications staffer he suspects of disloyalty. “I’ve got the authority from the president to do that,” he said.

It's like the McCarthy Hearings over at the West Wing right now.

Almost the only thing he could have done that was guaranteed to increase leaking. Continue to foster a toxic environment, and see how that works out for you, dumbass.

Zenner

Wouldn't being fired en masse, without proof of being the guilty party, be an unjustified termination? Or does this go under that whole "at will" employment thing?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Almost the only thing he could have done that was guaranteed to increase leaking. Continue to foster a toxic environment, and see how that works out for you, dumbass.
I think this guy thinks acting like this makes him look tough.

Maybe he actually buys into the whole "making a complete ass of yourself makes you look strong" thing that Trump's base seems to love.

That guy has the face and name of your typical film corporate villain. He also seems to have the behaviour and ego to match. The White House truly is a circus of unremitting horseshit.

Aselith

What if he fires everyone but himself and shit is still leaking?

burning-of-the-white-house.jpg

OceanBlue

This actually seems like a decent idea in an awful-boss or villainous sense. Now anyone who leaks is putting their coworkers' jobs at risk instead of just themselves.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm imagining him firing everyone and just sitting alone in his offices trying to tackle every thing by himself or the more likely scenario, him just ignoring more of the duties.

Oppo

That guy has the face and name of your typical film corporate villain. He also seems to have the behaviour and ego to match. The White House truly is a circus of unremitting horseshit.

this is why Trump hired him.

Trump thinks he looks and talks like this fucko.

Dyle

I'm very disappointed that this statement came from speaking to reporters rather than one of his staff members leaking it

Aselith

This actually seems like a decent idea in an awful-boss or villainous sense. Now anyone who leaks is putting their coworkers' jobs at risk instead of just themselves.

It's decent if you are an experienced communications director that can hire in the people to replace them. If you are a dumb asshat that only got the job because you kiss ass real good, you're fucking yourself pretty hard by doing that.

kevin1025

Banned
Can't be leaks if there's nobody working here!

...except maybe it's not in your department, you bonehead, haha.

Shouldn't he fire Trump, since he admitted Trump was his anonymous source on Jake Tapper's show?

Boke1879

There has to be like a school like shows you how to move your hands right? Because imo that's just way too much of a coincidence

Top Bottom