• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Multiformat Artshots Thread (formerly part of the PC screenshots thread)

Highres_Screenshot_000025.jpg

Highres_Screenshot_000028.jpg

jediyoshi

TheOctagon said:
Debug code w/ hex edited coalesced.ini, 8xAF and custom mappings for various restored UE3 commands. Tiledshot x4 from 720p, then downsampled to 1080p.

Gorgeous. The detail in Trip's eyes gets lost playing it normally.
No more flickr hosting?

Haunted

Man, those Open Outcast shots have me salivating. Someone buy these guys and let them do this for real, please.

re: Enslaved shots - see that, Ninja Theory? Your game can look this good. Motherfuckers.
I know, I know.

Stallion Free said:
I would have bought Enslaved on PC :(
You and me both.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Hey Octagon, use your press connections to get NT slapped in the face for passing up a PC port on Enslaved. It's fucking Unreal Engine 3, they had no excuse. Pop that bitch up on digital download stores and they don't even have to manufacture anything.

Castlevania uses a proprietary engine which I'm guessing has no debug feature set as accessible as Unreal Engine 3's. I'd be even more surprised if it had some kind of tiledshot function. That means native Xbox 360 res (720p) and zero antialiasing, as I understand the game doesn't use any. In other words, stick in on PC and it'd look like utter dogshit.

Has Leadbetter done one of his crazy comparisons over at Eurogamer yet? 'Cause if he has he'll have a gallery where you can see this dogshittedness for yourself.

(None of which means I wouldn't pull that code apart if it happened across my desk.)

@Ogs: Is your PC now crippled for life after those GTA shots? I'm actually being lent a DX11 i7 next week, believe it or not, which I'm hoping sets up some particularly rude downsampling. I tried it on my DX10 PC and it couldn't even draw the geometry at x3 resolution. :lol

justcause22010-10-1018lpqk.jpg

TheOctagon said:
@Ogs: Is your PC now crippled for life after those GTA shots? I'm actually being lent a DX11 i7 next week, believe it or not, which I'm hoping sets up some particularly rude downsampling. I tried it on my DX10 PC and it couldn't even draw the geometry at x3 resolution. :lol

It ran "okish" (15 fps or around that id guess), but im not running at fully maxed out settings by any shot (30-50 on the sliders at best, others options on Very High or High), certain spots the geometry does take awhile to load in though, my PC would fall over and die if i max it out :lol

Blizzard

Banned
I would get both Enslaved (probably) AND Castlevania (almost definitely) if they had PC versions, especially through Steam. Thanks for the shots since I can't have that, though! :D

bHighres_Screenshot_000030.jpg

This one's a bit of a cut-and-paste job. I took the Trip model from one scene and stuck it on a backdrop that didn't look like someone had literally shat it onto the screen. HD era my arse.

bHighres_Screenshot_000031.jpg

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I just played the Enslaved demo on 360 a few days ago and was thinking about picking it up. After seeing those shots, though, fuck it. I'll wait for a PC version that will almost certainly never happen.

Top Bottom