• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mystery Behind The Mystery Panties: Solved (Final Fantasy VII)

Wait...I don't get this at all, I'm just going to assume most responses are trolling or tounge in check.

I mean first of all as someone else said the panties are most likely Tifa's with a child like design, which is a manga/anime trope anyway. So while being disguised as a woman I don't see what is so wrong or disgusting about Cloud wearing Tifa's panties.

Secondly even if the comment somehow implied that the panties belonged to a child....who the hell says they are Marlene's? It's like some obsessed fanboy looked and said "Belongs to a child....wait a second! 1+5 = 2! They belong to Marlene!"

I mean it's possible that they could belong to some other child, Marlene isn't the only child in the world of FFVII.

And finally whether belonging to Marlene or some other unknown kid.....what is so creepy about Cloud wearing them? (Forgetting the physical impossibility of them fitting him for a moment). I honestly don't get it....It's not like Cloud sexually abused her and kept the panties as some werid trophy or something messed up, they are clothes, a fabric he is wearing and presumably stetching the hell out of them....what's the big deal?

So as I said unless someone can explain the outrage or even the noteworthyness of this news to me I'm just going to assume that all the responses are playing along with this non-news in some sort of tounge in cheek meta trolling way.....I refuse to believe people are this dense...I simply refuse to believe it. I also refuse to believe that anyone genuinely gives even the slightest shit.

Also the combining sketch would have been brilliant.

RagnarokX

Wait...I don't get this at all, I'm just going to assume most responses are trolling or tounge in check.

I mean first of all as someone else said the panties are most likely Tifa's with a child like design, which is a manga/anime trope anyway. So while being disguised as a woman I don't see what is so wrong or disgusting about Cloud wearing Tifa's panties.

Secondly even if the comment somehow implied that the panties belonged to a child....who the hell says they are Marlene's? It's like some obsessed fanboy looked and said "Belongs to a child....wait a second! 1+5 = 2! They belong to Marlene!"

I mean it's possible that they could belong to some other child, Marlene isn't the only child in the world of FFVII.

And finally whether belonging to Marlene or some other unknown kid.....what is so creepy about Cloud wearing them? (Forgetting the physical impossibility of them fitting him for a moment). I honestly don't get it....It's not like Cloud sexually abused her and kept the panties as some werid trophy or something messed up, they are clothes, a fabric he is wearing and presumably stetching the hell out of them....what's the big deal?

So as I said unless someone can explain the outrage or even the noteworthyness of this news to me I'm just going to assume that all the responses are playing along with this non-news in some sort of tounge in cheek meta trolling way.....I refuse to believe people are this dense...I simply refuse to believe it. I also refuse to believe that anyone genuinely gives even the slightest shit.

Also the combining sketch would have been brilliant.

Well, having the panties of a 5 year old girl is extremely creepy. The problem is that nothing in the game says they belong to a 5 year old girl. Just that they are childish-looking.

SOLDIER

Nothing in the game says they aren't, either.

That's the point of all this; logically, it doesn't make sense that Cloud could fit into a six year old's panties. But as a game that already had its fair share of logic holes, a concept that was abandoned halfway doesn't fall into the category of logic.

It is unlikely that there was any point in this idea that they would straight up tell you whose panties the mystery panties belonged to. The joke was most likely going to begin and end with that one scene. Any extra information would be gleamed from each player's own interpretation.

And since it's a fact that Tifa lives with a child and likely handles her laundry, then there is still that small window that suggests that the stolen panties do belong to Marlene. Just the mere idea is enough to make the whole thing incredibly uncomfortable, and that is most likely the reason Square removed this scene in the first place.

And again, even if it was a hundred percent confirmed that they belonged to Tifa, the image of Cloud wearing the stolen panties of his childhood friend/love interest is only marginally less squick than the above concept. Either way, it skirts the line (ha!) more than anything else that was left in the game.

Top Bottom