• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NeoGAF Streaming Channel Thread: (Where any gaffer can Stream!)

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Going to livestream one of the Sonic hacks w/ Amy (and maybe the others if I have time) for the heck of it in a minute here:
http://www.twitch.tv/steamgaf

S1Amy_Rev1.6.png

OK so I started doing something new where I stream multiple screens of GAFFers into one stream so people can watch multiple gaffers play at the same time. The only downside is that, you need to stream to own3d (possible others too) and not twitch as they actively block direct rmtp access.

If you want to join in let me know, I basically only need your own3d stream key and rmtp server (both are displayed in the My Livestreams menu on own3d)

OK so I started doing something new where I stream multiple screens of GAFFers into one stream so people can watch multiple gaffers play at the same time. The only downside is that, you need to stream to own3d (possible others too) and not twitch as they actively block direct rmtp access.

If you want to join in let me know, I basically only need your own3d stream key and rmtp server (both are displayed in the My Livestreams menu on own3d)

How do you stream multiple screens? Can you tell me cause this could help with my blog :)

Neat idea, but I'd probably want to double stream to both sources. Doubt I can handle that

The best way to do it would be to stream to own3d, and then use xsplit to stream that own3d stream directly to twitch. Ofcourse you would be limited to xsplit audio codecs.

"Unfortunately, you do not yet meet our baseline requirements."

In the request form they said that if you don't meet the base requirements it might still be possible to get a partnership on special occasions, I figured being a NeoGAF group would be one of those, guess not. GAF ain't big enough for twitch!

Weenerz

Banned
Recommended capture card for streaming? Was looking at the Blackmagic Intensity Pro and the AVerMedia C985 Live Gamer HD 1080p Capture Card

Borman

I use the Intensity Pro, the two issues I have with it is support for lower resolutions for old consoles is non-existant, and 480p is over HDMI only. Each fixable with an upscaler or HDMI converter, but it adds an extra step.

Popparoks

Everytime i stream with a webcam and the game footage, the game footage is seconds or even minutes behind. Does this sound familiar? Is there a fix for it? The capture card i'm using is the Happauge HD PVR.

Atruvius

My upload speed is 2.07 Mbps and download is 11.11 Mbps. What would be the optimum settings on Open Broadcaster Software for me?

I am testing it and using 1600 for bitrate and buffersize, and 6 on quality. I have noticed that my stream lags 9 seconds behind. I am downscaling from 1080p to 720p. GPU is GTX 670 and CPU i5 3570k.

My upload speed is 2.07 Mbps and download is 11.11 Mbps. What would be the optimum settings on Open Broadcaster Software for me?

I am testing it and using 1600 for bitrate and buffersize, and 6 on quality. I have noticed that my stream lags 9 seconds behind. I am downscaling from 1080p to 720p. GPU is GTX 670 and CPU i5 3570k.

Your stream will always be behind by a short amount of time. Your bitrate sounds ok for your upload, though if you experience any stuttering on your stream then you need to bring it down to 1400 or 1500.

I'm about to start streaming some solo Tera: http://www.twitch.tv/nixel/new

8byte

Banned
Everytime i stream with a webcam and the game footage, the game footage is seconds or even minutes behind. Does this sound familiar? Is there a fix for it? The capture card i'm using is the Happauge HD PVR.
This is normal. The most consistent way to stream with the Hauppage HDPVR is with screen capture. Direct source in Xsplit is poor with this device.

1stStrike

Banned
I made the jump and bought the AverMedia Live Gamer HD today. Tired of trying to balance out the CPU usage of both the game and the stream simultaneously, so I'm looking forward to giving this thing a spin. My bandwidth isn't good enough to upload at 1080p, but I should be able to do 720p at 60 FPS with this thing which is good enough for me.

Anyone know how to get audio from the game on OBS stay present when I alt tab? it always goes quiet if I alt tab but if I want to chat via twitch chat it will mute it since I need to alt tab out of the window to chat on my second monitor.

Anyone know how to get audio from the game on OBS stay present when I alt tab? it always goes quiet if I alt tab but if I want to chat via twitch chat it will mute it since I need to alt tab out of the window to chat on my second monitor.

You can't. It's up to how the game is coded. Try going into window mode (ALT+ENTER) then alt tab, most games don't pause when you do it that way.

Alternatively you can even go windowed fullscreen with this windows script:

a::
WinSet, Style, -0xC00000,a ; remove the titlebar and border(s)
WinMove, a, , 0, 0, 1440, 900 ; move the window to 0,0 and resize it to this resolution
return

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
yeah, quality seems good

btw do we still have a general streaming thread or just this one?

Top Bottom