• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New and Improved Cricket Thread© - Now Roadblock Free!

kmag

There are 3 extremely weak links in Australia's team.

Occasionally you need a middle order. Australia don't have one. Handscomb looks like a decent young 5 or 6, Shaun Marsh is a serial failure and is 33, Wade isn't a good enough wicketkeeper (although he's improved it seems to be at the cost to his batting), Mitchell Marsh just isn't going to cut it.

They still need to replace the heart of that team.

Maybe Starc and Handscomb can bail them out here, I doubt it, the pitch is shocker, and it's beyond asking your number 8 to continue to bail you out time after time.

tri_willy

I question his value to the team, seriously.

So far this series... he has only bowled 5 overs... FIVE!!!

Averages 12 with the bat...

If he is being used as a bowling allrounder then seriously what the fuck...

I'd like to see extra batting depth for the next test, 4 of our bowlers have done well, can't fault them there. Mitch out for Khawaja me thinks

legend166

We lost the match in the first innings. We needed to get a much bigger lead. I really hope we're over the whole all rounder thing. It's abundantly clear we need 6 batsmen. And they'll never do it but Nevill should be in over Wade.

Omikron

We lost the match in the first innings. We needed to get a much bigger lead. I really hope we're over the whole all rounder thing. It's abundantly clear we need 6 batsmen. And they'll never do it but Nevill should be in over Wade.

I agree with this post.

wachie

What a brain fart by Smith, tops Mashrafe. What a legend.

Lol typical Australia. What is shocking is that Australia is the one that seems to be buckling under the sledging and not the other way around. This was Australia's test all the way through.
No, Australia lost it when Smith put down Rahane and that partnership added 90 odd runs after that.

wachie

Cricinfo said:
4 - Number of bowlers (Nathan Lyon, Ravindra Jadeja, Josh Hazlewood, Ashwin) who took six or more wickets in an innings in this match. This is the first such instance in Test history. There have been only two more Tests where bowlers took four six-wicket hauls and both were played more than 100 years ago
Amazing stat.

Patchy

Banned
A few thoughts after this Test.

1. Warner and M.Marsh should not be picked in the subcontintent again.

Warner cannot score runs, he is a liability, S. Marsh should open and bring in someone else.

M.Marsh was picked solely because he just happened to average like 28 in Sri Lanka. He contributes nothing.

2. The behaviour of Virat Kohli is beyond a disgrace, he continues to get away with it bevcause BCCI = ICC. Honestly cannot recall a more disgusting individual on the field since Harbajhan Singh.

I was watching the game with my son and was absolutely disgusted.

3. We will lose the series 2-1.

The team for the next test should be

Marsh
Renshaw
Smith
Khawaja
Handscombe
Maxwell
Wade
Starc
O'Keefe
Lyon
Hazlewood

Eff me. Watch out. Indian fans are back to their arrogant, faux-superiority selves. It really amazes me how they have two modes. It's either "our entire team sucks shit" or "we are the best and the rest of the world is jealous of us".

There's absolutely nothing in-between.
Let the salt flow through you bud.
Thanks for quoting the post. You must agree too.

Rezbit

He was gonna get dropped for sure anyway.

Regarding the behaviour of Kohli: yes he is a complete douche, but so are so many cricketers. They all carry on like pork chops these days. It's like watching two team of Nick Kyrgios' running around. I still love cricket, but it's definitely gotten way worse. They should all just STFU and play.

hamchan

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricke...w/news-story/ce450ab54c0e1a3f057dce852462a329

Of all number six batsmen who have played Test cricket for any country (with a minimum of 20 Tests to their name while occupying that place in the batting order), Marsh officially has the worst batting record in history. He has batted 25 times at fourth drop and scored 473 runs at an average of 19.7. He has registered just one half century (53) and recorded four ducks.

Mitch Marsh officially the worst number 6 in history holy shit.

wachie

Marsh "injured" Lol. Maxwell in for next one?
Cricinfo said:
"If you look at the footage, Peter Handscomb actually suggested Smith to turn around and look to the support staff. If this was a one-off, I don't think that would have happened," Clarke told India Today. "The fact that Handscomb has even thought of asking the Australian skipper to turn around and look to the support staff, I've got my concerns.
You are correct Pup, absolutely shameful from Australia.

hamchan

NZ is probably the one team everyone is fine with winning something big like a World Cup. They feel like the epitome of the "nice guys finish last". The perpetual underdog who have yet to achieve major glory, though they came very close last World Cup.

wachie

I hate India, Australia and England with a passion. Bangladesh and Srilanka are jerks too but not the same level. I would say I have a soft corner for Pakistan and West Indies due to the talent but limited because of politics or infrastructure. I love love, love Black Caps.

Just to chime in I have not seen a single match of cricket, even 20/20, in 17 years lol. I still come here and talk about it. I do read scores and read some commentary.

Why are you apologizing to me??? Born and raised in Murica.

I havent seen a complete match either. I only watch parts, my attention span isnt that much.

my problem is time. I never actually have time to sit and watch cricket. There is always something more important.

Starc going home due to stress fractures in his foot. No idea who is going to replace him but Cummins just took 8 in his second ever shield game.

Cummins off to India as the squad replacement. Though it looks like Bird will come into the team and Stonis will debut at 6.

This year in the shield:

Henriques - 659 at 65.90
Cartwright - 520 at 37.14
Wildermuth - 501 at 35.78
Stoinis - 172 at 15.63

Picked because he is apparently the best bowler.

Top Bottom