• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New NEW Adventures of the GAFcast Episode 006 : TGS Edition (now with video)

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Crib - seriously, the upstairs looks like a bomb has hit it :?
maybe next year :)

anyways, i'll set the record straight : it's Dee Charlie :)

GhaleonEB

The video won't play for me. I get that guy screaming at the beginning, and it stops. I've tried watching it four times now. :(

Wollan

Was I the only one not really that impressed with White Knight Story? While it looks good it isn't mindblowing imho and I'm not a big fan of the design either (though I like the Spartan like transformer). The combat looks slow and if anyone didn't mention Level 5 I would never had guessed they were behind it.

Biggest surprise of TGS:

How epic L.A.I.R was. You want a real dragon game? Well, here you have it and it has a very big cinema feel to it. Me and my buddy were speculating that this was the first PS3 game that the X360 might not be able to replicate. (omg)

DCharlie

Well, here you have it and it has a very big cinema feel to it. Me and my buddy were speculating that this was the first PS3 game that the X360 might not be able to replicate.

After TGS i'm still speculating whether the PS3 can replicate it, let alone the X360! ;) *Runs*

Again, i'm really really interested in the various conflicting reports from TGS and i'm basically at the point that something weird was going on. These weren't mild issues a whole gang of us saw, they were obvious - and i'm pretty sure posters of the calibur of Wollan etc would have also noticed the issues.

Wollan

I'm seeing the GAFcast video now and you mention that Ridge Racer 7 is 1080p? I'm regretting not playing that game now. The forest levels looked stunning from afar but I never took the time to try the game. :/

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i like the video gafcast, hope it becomes more frequent. it just seems more entertaining and i can keep my attention to it better

my biggest surprise at TGS will probably have to be White Knight Story...just because its from L5. :D

Red Scarlet

I liked the video version (this was the first one I heard/watched since the thing was made 'official'), but I guess there's no way to do that every week, huh?

DCharlie didn't talk enough this time.

About the question of the week, what was the biggest surprise/letdown at the show for each system?

DCharlie

I'm seeing the GAFcast video now and you mention that Ridge Racer 7 is 1080p? I'm regretting not playing that game now. The forest levels looked stunning from afar but I never took the time to try the game. :/

yup , 1080p - 60fps - unfailing*

(except, apparently, on sunday when it had frame rate issues (again WTF!?))

not that i wasn't going to miss getting a PS3, but Ridge 7 put the gold crown on the decission to splash out on a 1080p tv around the same time (moving away from the 720p projector)

DCharlie didn't talk enough this time.

i was too busy looking at Sporsks....
i was just going to moan about frame rates actually - it's a good thing i had my mouth shut!

sharkie

I kept waiting and waiting and there was no musical instruments being played in this episode, downgrade am total, Sharkie am cry :'(

sp0rsk:
Leguna here, help!!! SOS, please respond with a PM or post here! I'm begging that someone out there unban me. I really miss posting my reviews, impressions and questions on GAF. If there's anything i can do to get my priveliges back, please let me know (i've been banned for almost a year now). Thank in advance...

Member for 6 years,
Leguna/Alberto

Zonar:
There was a huge mis-understanding on my part when i was creating a GAF show long ago.

Meier

Red Scarlet said:
D
C
Harlie?

I feel pretty dumb, why didn't you ever correct me?

Wait, it isn't D Charlie? I'm so confused! I've got the video going in the background, but no sound here at work unfortunately. Snazzy set-up you got there fellas! I'll watch it when I get home.

Hey could you guys offer the bud light commercial things separately? I think those are funny, but the podcast itself bores me to sleep. So if i could skip the boring and just hear the good stuff, that'd be great. Thanks!

so I've been listening to all of the "official" podcasts for the past few days and I'm glad you guys got the sound level fixed. Dormer yelling in my ear because I had to turn it up to 30 to hear DCharlie was getting annoying. The "Real GAF Heroes" are hilarious, love those.

and why did sp0rsk have to talk to John Madden?

Top Bottom