• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new Nintendo Power is out. News on it?

umm...in M&L...do you stay in bowser's stomach the WHOLE game? like, is this what the game is built around? THIS idea?!

damn, i WAS really excited for this game. I thought it'd be back to basics like in the first M&L, but it looks like nintendo is trying to find a gimmicky application for all the system's features. again.

autobzooty said:
umm...in M&L...do you stay in bowser's stomach the WHOLE game? like, is this what the game is built around? THIS idea?!

damn, i WAS really excited for this game. I thought it'd be back to basics like in the first M&L, but it looks like nintendo is trying to find a gimmicky application for all the system's features. again.

Chill out, you don't know if that's true or not.

Regardless, how do you know it won't amount to a good game?

BrandNew said:
Chill out, you don't know if that's true or not.

Regardless, how do you know it won't amount to a good game?

i watched the original trailer again with this new knowledge, and it does seem to be the case. you never see mario or luigi doing anything but jumping on cancerous cells in slimy red environments. bowsers does all the stuff in the real world.

the whole thing just seems stupid to me. the only reason they're doing this is because the DS has two screens and four face buttons. they'd never try something like this if we were still on a system similar to the GBA. maybe it'll still be a good game, but i dropped Partners in Time because of the stupid babies and the lack of bros. moves, and that's not as harsh of an offense as this is.

but you're right, i should probably at least give it a chance.

The story is completely terrible in every m&l game, so this shouldnt be a surprise. It will probably have some good humor(hopefully), and will most likely have brilliant gameplay....to go with a shit story.

I personally cant wait, as this is the best rpg gameplay wise this entire generation.

Akai

autobzooty said:
i watched the original trailer again with this new knowledge, and it does seem to be the case. you never see mario or luigi doing anything but jumping on cancerous cells in slimy red environments. bowsers does all the stuff in the real world.

Come on, this was posted on just the last page...

medium_2908811832_7d0cb882d2_o.jpg

I sincerely doubt the whole game is played (meaning just the Bros' parts) in Bowser's anatomy...Unless someone painted the sky on Bowser's stomach... o_O

it actually looks like its pointing just south of the university itself, more like the university heights childrens center (looking at my copy of the mag anyway) which seems to be a daycare type thing. i'm calling Imagine: Party Babies 2

jman2050 said:
You act like that's a bad approach.

i want them to do something because it's FUN, not just because they can.

Akai said:
Come on, this was posted on just the last page...

medium_2908811832_7d0cb882d2_o.jpg

I sincerely doubt the whole game is played (meaning just the Bros' parts) in Bowser's anatomy...Unless someone painted the sky on Bowser's stomach... o_O

That's somewhat reassuring. I got the impression that you're playing the entire game with this sort of Bowser/Bros. coop, but maybe it makes more sense that there are Bros. sections AND Bowser sections, and this stuff only takes place during the Bowser sections.

This is probably the conclusion everyone came to the first time they read this. *hangs head in shame*

RagnarokX

grandjedi6 said:
Perhaps...

w9cv4k.jpg

? :p
autobzooty said:
i want them to do something because it's FUN, not just because they can.

That's somewhat reassuring. I got the impression that you're playing the entire game with this sort of Bowser/Bros. coop, but maybe it makes more sense that there are Bros. sections AND Bowser sections, and this stuff only takes place during the Bowser sections.

This is probably the conclusion everyone came to the first time they read this. *hangs head in shame*
I dunno. I thought the outside parts were from before Mario and Luigi get sucked into Bowser, and then the rest of the game is inside his body.

Jiggy

donny2112 said:
- Part of the Tales of Symphonia team (game designer, CG director, scenario writer, and main battle programmer - among others) are working on the game. They say it feels like a Tales game, as a result.

- "Instead of the Tales series' frantic real-time battling, Arc Rise Fantasia uses an original turn-based system with a dash of strategy-RPG flavor. In our early version of the game, the battle system is a clear highlight,"

- Battles load quickly. "The trio has a set number of ability points to spend each turn, and you can distribute them however you like - by having your best fighter attack three times, for example, or by having each member attack once."

- "As proud as the developers are of Arc Rise Fantasia's battle system, soundtrack, and character designs, both men go straight for the storyline when asked to name the team's primary focus. ... The game features a huge supporting cast, dozens of plot threads, and a worldview built around numerous intersections between divinity and technology."

- "the stage is set for a perfect storm of political upheavals, spiritual awakenings, and ecological catastrophe. What more could you ask for from Wii's first original RPG epic?
Its world is drenched in bright colors, and its spirited cast is bursting with cheerful camaraderie. Towns and dungeons appear as miniature dioramas on a lush world map across which your hero can run from location to location. ... There's even a version of Tales's trademark skit system (by pressing 2) ... But the similarities to Tales of Symphonia disappear as soon as a battle begins.
Well, I suppose it certainly sounds like a Tales game in terms of one thing I don't like about that series--copious amounts of grand-scale, "epic" happenings on every front possible. But that's okay; the news about the strategic concepts in play with the battle system offsets that by leaving me more optimistic than I already was. Doing a variation of skits sounds promising too.

Mifune

Mehmber
RobbieNick said:
Anyone else surprised at how much better Nintendo Power has become since being taken over by future publishing? It's the only magazine I know of that has it's articles scanned to the internet every month.

I picked up a free issue at a trade show a while back (GTA cover story) and I was surprised how good this magazine is now. Well written, nice in-depth articles, a somewhat mature presentation. Most impressive...

Top Bottom