• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The next Predator movie is titled 'Skull'

INC

I disagree totally. The entire point is Arnie's stature was meaningless because the Predator could ragdoll him.

Adrien Brody made a convincing fight against the Predator at the end and he's a toothpick.

Also that last part you highlighted is another reason why. That series was awesome.

Predator 2 was LA.

But I'd totally watch what you just wrote.

Watch the trailer, Arnie is the ultimate warrior, against the ultimate enemy

Hardly pointless,

Watch the trailer, Arnie is the ultimate warrior, against the ultimate enemy

Hardly pointless,

Yeah but if Arnie was loaded to the teeth with weapons and the size of a house... and still only beat the Predator via tricks and manipulation... that's pretty much the point, IMO.

Arnie was the ultimate bad ass, and Predator made him look like a chump. The bad ass had to use his brains to win. That's part of why P1 is so awesome.

• Strength
Reactions: INC

INC

Yeah but if Arnie was loaded to the teeth with weapons and the size of a house... and still only beat the Predator via tricks and manipulation... that's pretty much the point, IMO.

Arnie was the ultimate bad ass, and Predator made him look like a chump. The bad ass had to use his brains to win. That's part of why P1 is so awesome.

Yeh I agree with that, but I don't see how that can work with a female lead.........just in terms of scale compared to the predator

Watch out predator, this badass is going to kick your butt!
R9oz4XE.jpg

Isn't she supposed to be native American? She looks very white to me.

Last edited:
Hollywood has gone from remaking and rebooting franchises to remaking and rebooting franchises with different identities.
Hooray for progress.

A.Romero

The Aliens vs Predator comic series had a female lead and it's pretty good, IMO.

I really don't know how they managed to fuck Predator up. It's a great concept.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'm desperately waiting for my son to reach an age where he can watch Predator, Aliens, Die Hard, Lethal Weapon, Conan, etc just to see if these ICONIC action films really hold up across generations and there was just something in the water back then that has since been lost or if he will think they are only as good (or GASP even worse??) than modern CGI laden action movies. I think his benchmark will be the MCU which while has a lot of good scenes doesn't really have great "action" outside of a few well done fights, most of it being computer game shenanigans.

His friends are a bit more mature and so far they all LOVE aliens and predator films, so I have hope. He likes Ghostbusters and Goonies so I think I'm ok.

Anyway, I just can't understand why it is so hard to rekindle the excitement of these franchises now. Are they missing the target audience? Am I NOT the target audience anymore? Has hollywood just moved on without me? Or was it really just a few ultra-charismatic actors and really skilled directors that carried the whole thing?

Yeh I agree with that, but I don't see how that can work with a female lead.........just in terms of scale compared to the predator
Yeah I see your point, but I'd take say - Gina Carano or Ronda Rousey, vs. Adrien Brody, all day.

Female lead doesn't mean frail or small by any means.

Dr.Morris79

Yeh ya right, whats the worst that can happen, when a previously 1980s R rated film, renowned for its violence and gore, gets turned into a teen flick, and PG13

Puke.gif

I was agreeing with you :messenger_tears_of_joy:

My god, Robocop, I totally forgot about that reboot! That was awful. You just reminded me of another really shite reboot of one of my favourite films.. Total recall :messenger_face_steam:

INC

I was agreeing with you :messenger_tears_of_joy:

My god, Robocop, I totally forgot about that reboot! That was awful. You just reminded me of another really shite reboot of one of my favourite films.. Total recall :messenger_face_steam:

Man total recall has gotta be the worst

Robocop at least was just about watchable, shit, but watchable

Total recall i managed 10mins, even tho its meant to be closer to the book. Who gives a fuck

Also, my bad x

SJRB

Gold Member
Haters gonna hate, I love the 2012 Total Recall.

Visually spectacular, great soundtrack and god-tier cast. Colin Farrell, Bryan Cranston, Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel, Bokeem Woodbine, Bill Nighy, John Cho..

Kate Beckinsale AND Jessica Biel, for god's sake. C'mon bruh.

MV5BNjUxODIwNjYzOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTI2NTcxOA@@._V1_.jpg

Dr.Morris79

Man total recall has gotta be the worst

Robocop at least was just about watchable, shit, but watchable

Total recall i managed 10mins, even tho its meant to be closer to the book. Who gives a fuck

Also, my bad x
Hollywood, or whoever, that makes these reboots just has to stop. It's got to a point where nowdays if I hear a certain film is getting made I instantly cringe as no one in the industry at this time knows what they're doing, it's like they havent even watched the source..

I think the only 'okay'ish' reboot was Evil Dead, but even that missed the mark by a country mile.

If this next Ghostbusters film turns out to be a turkey i'm done. That'll be it. I'll stick to foreign cinema. The Koreans know how to make a good film.

INC

Hollywood, or whoever, that makes these reboots just has to stop. It's got to a point where nowdays if I hear a certain film is getting made I instantly cringe as no one in the industry at this time knows what they're doing, it's like they havent even watched the source..

I think the only 'okay'ish' reboot was Evil Dead, but even that missed the mark by a country mile.

If this next Ghostbusters film turns out to be a turkey i'm done. That'll be it. I'll stick to foreign cinema. The Koreans know how to make a good film.

Ha, same been on foreign cinema for years now, always surprising, and most of the time you have no idea where films are going, take parasite for instance, I genuinely had no idea where the film was going, and I loved it for it.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Haters gonna hate, I love the 2012 Total Recall.

Visually spectacular, great soundtrack and god-tier cast. Colin Farrell, Bryan Cranston, Kate Beckinsale, Jessica Biel, Bokeem Woodbine, Bill Nighy, John Cho..

Kate Beckinsale AND Jessica Biel, for god's sake. C'mon bruh.

MV5BNjUxODIwNjYzOV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTI2NTcxOA@@._V1_.jpg
That was about the only way to top Sharon Stone and...... what's her name :p from TR.

Tschumi

Question: is there any actor today who could pull off a film like predator? Physique, cache, menace (albiet hammy), sincerity... I mean, the rock can fuck off lol... Adam driver naah... Do they make them like arnie, or carl weathers?

Most muscle men these days seem like they're more interested in bridging the gap between Vanilla ice and bruno mars than pulling off tough guy roles

Last edited:

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Can't decide if Predator or Terminator franchise is worse right now. I actually thought Dark Fate was ok but maybe I'm like an abused domestic partner now.

Alien franchise failures are at least interesting. Covenant, Prometheus, Resurrection, are all worth seein once & are fascinating.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
Question: is there any actor today who could pull off a film like predator? Physique, cache, menace (albiet hammy), sincerity... I mean, the rock can fuck off lol... Adam driver naah... Do they make them like arnie, or carl weathers?

Most muscle men these days seem like they're more interested in bridging the gap between Vanilla ice and bruno mars than pulling off tough guy roles

b0019dc98f72797437761d46a763bfa3.jpg

Last edited:

INC

XwuMcXT.jpg

Rat Rage

Yeh ya right, whats the worst that can happen, when a previously 1980s R rated film, renowned for its violence and gore, gets turned into a teen flick, and PG13

Puke.gif

It doesn't matter if "Skull" is R rated or not.

The original Predator movie is not renowned for its violence and gore. It's actually renowned for it's suspense and the fear of the unknown. The movie is literally about a threat you can't see. Most of the time - I'd say 80% of the time -, you don't, in fact, even see the Predator.

INC

The original Predator movie is not renowned for its violence and gore. It's actually renowned for it's suspense and the fear of the unknown. The movie is literally about a threat you can't see. Most of the time - I'd say 80% of the time -, you don't, in fact, even see the Predator.

.....original has like 44 kills, all predator kills are gruesome, chests blown out, arms blow off, head shot with brain matter on the camera, organs ripped out and left, spine ripped out, skinned bodies hung up........

And I agree not seeing the predator, is the greatest asset to the tension and suspense, its what makes the film, thats undeniable

Rat Rage

.....original has like 44 kills, all predator kills are gruesome, chests blown out, arms blow off, head shot with brain matter on the camera, organs ripped out and left, spine ripped out, skinned bodies hung up........

And I agree not seeing the predator, is the greatest asset to the tension and suspense, its what makes the film, thats undeniable

Most of the kills are from the drug dealer hideout sequence. This sequence was probably the weakest part of the movie. It looked like an A-Team shootout, because the action directors, or whatever they are called, from the actual A-Team series were involved.

Watch out predator, this badass is going to kick your butt!
R9oz4XE.jpg

Isn't she supposed to be native American? She looks very white to me.

Question is the Native American setting confirmed though ??

I mean when I heard skull my first thought was Pirates given the old gun that Danny Glovers character recieves in predator 2.

maxresdefault.jpg

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I'm a huge Predator fan, but I hated The Predator. It was so incredibly goofy and had next to nothing great that I enjoy about the series (I loved Predator and Predator 2, and was actually able to find some enjoyment in the first AVP.)

Even after the huge disappointment I had with The Predator, I'm cautiously optimistic and excited about this film. It sounds like it will thankfuly be done with a very serious atmosphere and a hunt entirely amongst nature and the elements. I don't mind one bit if there's even barely any dialogue, and what's there I hope is in the native language of the tribe.

Last edited:

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch

I disagree. You must have missed the scene of the predator ripping Billy's spine and skull out. And the skinned dead bodies hanging from the trees. Or dylon getting his arm blown off... I could go on. Violence and gore is a big part of the original film

sol_bad

Puke.gif

Ultimately the rating doesn't matter. I mean, yes, a Predator movie should be an R rated affair. But having an R rating movie doesn't mean it will be better.
Look at the AvP films, neither are great no, but the first AvP is a better film than AvP2 even though it's PG13.

The newest Predator film being R rated didn't make it any better either.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Ultimately the rating doesn't matter. I mean, yes, a Predator movie should be an R rated affair. But having an R rating movie doesn't mean it will be better.
Look at the AvP films, neither are great no, but the first AvP is a better film than AvP2 even though it's PG13.

The newest Predator film being R rated didn't make it any better either.
You're comparing two giant turds. Just because the pg 13 turd is less turdish doesn't matter. It's still a turd. No r rating is a big red flag for me.

xrnzaaas

Reminds me when Woke Fate decided to replace John Connor with some random minority chick. Gonna be funny to see this bomb just like the last film.

sol_bad

You're comparing two giant turds. Just because the pg 13 turd is less turdish doesn't matter. It's still a turd. No r rating is a big red flag for me.

I never said they are great films, I'm simply comparing in terms of PG13 and R. The rating doesn't make the movie if you have a competent director and script.

*EDIT*
And I agree with Rat Rage Rat Rage , the original film isn't that gory, it's M15 in Australia, kiddies could watch it at the cinemas.

Last edited:
Top Bottom