• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The NX Prediction / BSpeculation / Fanxiety Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine folks, in 2 minutes we will be drinking champagne and celebrating that we finally know when the NX unveiling is. What a time to be alive. Cheers!

Shiggy

I believe the most likely scenario is that Mother 3 was worked on and completed, but is held back for NX Virtual Console or whatever. Plans change all the time.

I agree on that. Nintendo is well known for sitting on localised titles for more than a year. Pretty much all of their titles released this year were finished and localised last year already.

KAL2006

Banned
Every Emily info happened after someone else leaked the same info. Or the leak is so generic anyone can make this stuff up

If Emily said something like

New Mario game the these for this game is more open world and new item includes a Baloon power up where you float

Another one would be NX Direct this week. Not NX info this and next week. Not very specific. What info is it Direct, announcement of announcement etc. It seem this leak is just a guess as it's obvious we will hear something as the investor meeting is next Wednesday.

Interfectum

source.gif

Schnozberry

The obsession with Emily Rogers has gotten downright embarrassing. She clearly tries pretty hard to get accurate information, and sometimes gets led astray by a source. When dealing in rumor that's going to happen. Sometimes people report on things that sources tell them, and then plans change at the 11th hour behind the scenes. Or your source got fed similarly bad information from someone who is party to an internal discussion, and things don't go the way they expect. There isn't much to gain here for her by intentionally lying to anyone. She posts things in twitter and to a wordpress blog. It's not like she's trying to get paid by leading people on with endless clickbait articles that are filled with advertising. People act like she's holding their family ransom or something. This ain't life or death shit.

YESSS YESSS YESS! THERE YOU HAVE IT!!!!!

Edit: Hit the post reply in the wrong tab :p
Im out for today now, may the goddesses bless our souls with a tweet at 4pm german time...otherwise, see you tomorrow people :)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
The obsession with Emily Rogers has gotten downright embarrassing. She clearly tries pretty hard to get accurate information, and sometimes gets led astray by a source. When dealing in rumor that's going to happen. Sometimes people report on things that sources tell them, and then plans change at the 11th hour behind the scenes. Or your source got fed similarly bad information from someone who is party to an internal discussion, and things don't go the way they expect. There isn't much to gain here for her by intentionally lying to anyone. She posts things in twitter and to a wordpress blog. It's not like she's trying to get paid by leading people on with endless clickbait articles that are filled with advertising. People act like she's holding their family ransom or something. This ain't life or death shit.

I completely agree - just pathetic at this point. People should be thankful that we are getting anything at all. Its not like it easy to get Nintendo stuff to leak. Also plans change all the time - stuff she heard about might have been at the time she reported it but the plans might have changed.

Jasper

Sorry but I don't want to talk to someone so frustrated and loud. Please calm down in the first place and then we can have a nice and slow conversation.

Oh how convenient for you...lol.

You are the one who decided to post about how Emily was the FIRST to know about Nvidia's involvement with the NX, and I simply provided the evidence to show that is not the case, and that she yet again was taking credit for somebody else's leak.

It's always 24-48 hours after a leak from someone else that she does this..time and time again. There's a pattern with her.

And the fact that she had the audacity to tweet just a few hours ago the link to the May 16th NeoGAF post, as evidence to show she knew about Nvidia's involvement with the NX, when SemiAccurate had already reported it on May 14th...sorry bud, she's an opportunist and I don't respect someone trying to take credit for someone else's journalism.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
One could argue the ones interested in buying a system day one have already decided to buy it day one without knowing a thing about it and those on the fence are fully aware of it and simply waiting for more info on it which they could get a year in advance to a day in advance.

The general consumer will learn of it when they learn of it. The Wii got sales based on people playing it at someone's house and then going off to buy their own. That's less than a day of knowing about it. Since the March release is considered pretty concrete, one could argue for the general populace that's nine months of knowing about its existence before the Christmas period, which has the extra benefit of the initial demand hopefully having settled by then (so no repeat of Wii's first Christmas).

We knew about the Wii U long before release and even then there was confusion. It's not about getting the info out there asap, but making sure your message is clear and understood.

Well said.

It's clear based on her history that she is doing this for us. She wants to share information with us from a company who seemingly does not want to share information at the moment. I don't see anything she gains by making anything up. And the reactions we see when she gets anything wrong, especially the types of things that can change at literally any time, are quite unfounded and reek of self-entitlement.

That said, she should try to either frame her less reliable rumors (possibly like the "news" this week) in such a way that people don't think she's essentially banking her reputation on it. As an insider she clearly has access to information which is quite reliable and information which can change quite easily, and she should try to frame the latter info in that way more often.

LordKano

Oh how convenient for you...lol.

You are the one who decided to post about how Emily was the FIRST to know about Nvidia's involvement with the NX, and I simply provided the evidence to show that is not the case, and that she yet again was taking credit for somebody else's leak.

It's always 24-48 hours after a leak from someone else that she does this..time and time again. There's a pattern with her.

And the fact that she had the audacity to tweet just a few hours ago the link to the May 16th NeoGAF post, as evidence to show she knew about Nvidia's involvement with the NX, when SemiAccurate had already reported it on May 14th...sorry bud, she's an opportunist and I don't respect someone trying to take credit for someone else's journalism.

Fine, that's your opinion. I respect it. I just don't like the way you say it. I think the others have made clear that further discussion in that way will only make this thread locked as bashing on Emily is nothing less than toxic behavior. I will stop here.

WalTech

Good lord, this thread is like a roller coaster. Personally, I expect that we'll get an announcement this week that points to a direct next week.

I'd love to be wrong in 56 minutes, though....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom