• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Demigod Thread

blitz64

Haha, I came here to post this and then see Island Dog. Stardock employees have a neogaf account now?

http://forums.demigodthegame.com/360402

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stardock announced today that the demo for Gas Powered Games’ RTS game, Demigod (www.demigodthegame.com), is now available for download. The demo features online Internet multiplayer games, the Cataract map and four playable Demigods (Regulus, Rook, Sedna and Lord Erebus.) All of the gameplay modes (Conquest, Dominate, Fortress and Slaughter) in Demigod are available to play in the demo.

Demigod is the ultimate real-time tactical PC strategy game. For fans of strategic epic large-scale multiplayer battles, Demigod is irresistible.

Players will vanquish other would-be gods, gain levels and unlock the power of mystic artifacts as they battle for ascent to the Pantheon. Take control of an immensely powerful being and defeat your brethren in a series of epic arenas in order to ascend into the pantheon of the gods.

During the course of each battle, players gain experience, purchase equipment, learn magical spells, capture key resources and upgrade their Citadel while working to lay to waste the opposing faction.

Easy to play, hard to master, Demigod is available worldwide digitally via Impulse (www.impulsedriven.com) at the same price ($39.95) no matter where the person is located.

Download the demo now exclusively at FilePlanet.com!

vertopci

Hopefully the demo helps to boost Demigod's population. IMO Demigod is the next step from DotA/HoN. The flag capturing adds a whole new depth.

Plus nothing is more awesome than running into the enemy base, capturing their spawn portal flag, locking it down, and taking turns protecting/relocking it with your teammates :D

Tokubetsu

Victrix said:
Do not buy this game. Months later and you still can't rebind the fucking WASD keys.

Months later and I still can't play online. I've opened an eticket with stardock (which they closed...even after requesting a refund) and I troubleshooted and browse their technical forums for well over 2 weeks. So I have to change ISPs to play online? Yeah, I'm definitely gonna do that.

vertopci

Tokubetsu said:
Months later and I still can't play online. I've opened an eticket with stardock (which they closed...even after requesting a refund) and I troubleshooted and browse their technical forums for well over 2 weeks. So I have to change ISPs to play online? Yeah, I'm definitely gonna do that.

Post on their forums?

blitz64

vertopci said:
Hopefully the demo helps to boost Demigod's population. IMO Demigod is the next step from DotA/HoN. The flag capturing adds a whole new depth.

Demigod took some right steps and move some great ideas forward.

But I think it took 10 steps back with other stupid ideas ( only 8-10 demigods, stupid p2p networking therefore the whole pantheon/custom games sucks, high system requirements, other people's simspeed affects you, pricey game imho, therefore smaller community)

I'm still a big fan of the game. I'll be taking a break since i have other dota clones to play for now.

Tokubetsu

vertopci said:
Post on their forums?

What part of trouble shooting for over 2 weeks on their forums did you not read? Hell, I'm the first post in their We Are Here to Help! and Internet connectivity forums. I'm just anxious to get my money back at this point which is sad because I've played the sp campaign a few times and really would have liked to get in on Pantheon.

poweld

So will we be getting a new crop of Demigodders to have some great matches with again?

I miss the good old days, guys. We used to have something beautiful.

REEEEEGUUUUDOUUUUCHE

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'll be keeping an eye out for a sale on this one. I just can't warrant spending 40$ on a multiplayer-centric game, when I got Orange Box for the same price and DoW2 for nearly half that.

I understand it's a good game, but I still can't get past that.

poweld

Lyphen said:
I'll be keeping an eye out for a sale on this one. I just can't warrant spending 40$ on a multiplayer-centric game, when I got Orange Box for the same price and DoW2 for nearly half that.

I understand it's a good game, but I still can't get past that.
There's an inherent flaw to your decision making. If you wait a long time for the price to drop on a multiplayer-centric game, the people majority of the people playing that game will likely have moved on by then.

At least, that's how I see it. Games like this I like to be in there at the beginning for the thrill of group discovery. And to have Tek beat my ass into the dirt. Over. And over... and over.

Davidion

poweld said:
At least, that's how I see it. Games like this I like to be in there at the beginning for the thrill of group discovery. And to have Tek beat my ass into the dirt. Over. And over... and over.

The bitch got good at HoN in like two games. *rolls eyes*

blitz64

The demo is only 600mb. Kinda small size compared to the supcom demo.

I think they should reduce the price down to $30.

Pctx

Banned
... and I am in love. the game is eff'in awesome.

Seems like resource management is the key (as far as gold and items to keep your demigod alive) while you need a successful team to watch each others back.

Playing offline, I've played with the tiers on most of the characters and I love the angel dude and rook the best.

Any word on if this is getting a price drop soon? Man I want to play this! :)

The game is certainly not superb, especially compared with Stardock's other titles. It feels clunky compared to dota and the demo map seems insultingly plain. I almost feel bad for them for attaching their name to this game when it's marred their strong record. Still love them, though :D

Nelo Ice

Banned
oo the new demigod is awesome

im a noob at this but last time i played i completely owned in a 3v3 match and i basically won the match for my team with unclean beast
only reason i can think of is that the other team was more noob than me :lol

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Yeah, I'll play with you guys again. Definitely had some good times back when the game came out.

blitz64

According to the stats:

http://dgstats.insidesupcom.de/

Demigod userbase peaked in July. Although it is still holding steady these few weeks, I don't think the community will grow anymore. There's still up to 3,000 users at peak times but it is a small number compared to other rts games or HoN.

blitz64

New General Demigod Oculus
http://forums.demigodthegame.com/362184

I like the Demon Assassin Demigod more than this one.

I wish these demigods come out as fast as HoN and LoL. I guess there will be only 2 new demigods for the year and that is about it. Not sure if we'll ever get anymore.

------------------------------------------

Chain Lightning – Key 1
Activated ability. Oculus unleashes a bolt of lightning that arcs to nearby enemies. Damage and number of arcs increases as the skill increases.

Electrocution
Enemies afflicted by Chain Lightning cannot regenerate health or mana for a short amount of time.

Blast Off! – Key 2
Activated ability. Oculus releases lightning underneath his throne, knocking back enemies at the start and landing points, and launching himself to a new position.

Ball Lightning – Key 3
Activated ability. Oculus selects a target end location. He summons ball lightning that will move to that location, fighting anything along the way. Number and strength of ball lightning increases as the skill increases. At later ranks, Ball Lightning will increase the attack speed of nearby allies.

Explosive End
Ball Lightning explodes when it dies, damaging nearby enemies.

Mana Surge – Ultimate – Key 4
Activated ability. Oculus restores a target Demigod’s mana.

dionysus

Yaldog
I gave up on Heroes of Newerth because I suck and there are too many beastly dota players. I own at Demigod though. I would love if people came back to this game.

JudgeN

dionysus said:
I gave up on Heroes of Newerth because I suck and there are too many beastly dota players. I own at Demigod though. I would love if people came back to this game.

I agree we need another GAF night

Finally getting the hang of the game....
Looking to join a GAF night if people still play.

Not sure how to add friends yet but my impulse account name is
bigmit37

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm heavily debating this one. Is the demo very representative of the game?

G-Fex

well I didn't know what to do, got massively dominated. Kinda fun but yeah like dota just makes everyone hate me cause i'm a noob. Surprised they didn't kick me out like they do in dota.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I tried a few matches on the demo but was it was way too laggy to be very playable. Everyone had like 350 - 500ms ping. I might give it another try when I get back to the states next year and see if the lag is any better.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Fuck Stardock. I've been begging for the game to pricedrop, and they do it the week before classes start, so I'm dead broke from buying books. Damn. Damn. Argh!

Oh well, least I got into the LoL beta.

I bought at the $20 mark. So far I've only played one game in single player, 3 on 3, but my team won! :lol

It was a blast. I hesitate to even try online until I've got a decent grasp of at least a few characters and arenas. Sounds like the communities of these DOTA clone games are complete clusterfucks.

eznark

Banned
So is anyone still playing this? League of Legends got me back into it, been playing it whenever the servers go down (every other day or so) for LoL. Man I am liking it. I played the beta, a little bit at the start when it was bugged to hell and back, and am really just getting back into it.

Is the GAF channel still active?

I want to get back into this as well. I eventually will.

Right now I am learning to play Hon but I think the Demigod Community will reawaken (hopefully0 when the next patch is out which will include two new Demigods.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
poweld said:
I so badly want the new demigods to come out so I can have an excuse to call together a Demigod reunion...
When is that supposed to happen?

I tried playing Demigod again recently but I was still having problems connecting to games!

You'd figure they'd have that all fixed up by now.

edit: Then again, I'm not living in my apartment anymore and I never checked my port forwarding on the router I'm using now. Aha!

eznark

Banned
I have two codes for 50% off Demigod if anyone wants em. It brings the game to $20.

The game should be getting a bit of a revitalization here soon as a couple new champions are set to be released.

Nelo Ice

Banned
eznark said:
I have two codes for 50% off Demigod if anyone wants em. It brings the game to $20.

The game should be getting a bit of a revitalization here soon as a couple new champions are set to be released.

same just checked my email and got 2 50% off codes

Top Bottom