• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Demigod Thread

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
I tried playing recently and the stat tracking they introduced ruined the community. Its like trying to get into DOTA now. I couldn't find any good servers where people would let me play because I had never played since they started the tracking and had a 0/0 going.

Ultimatum

Banned
$20 isn't a bad price at all. Is it worth picking up? My main interest in the game would be online play. Is there much of a community? What's the competitive scene like?

blitz64

Ultimatum said:
$20 isn't a bad price at all. Is it worth picking up? My main interest in the game would be online play. Is there much of a community? What's the competitive scene like?

It is worth $20. Very fun game. there is a small community. don't expect starcraft/warcraft size. You can still find games during peak hours.
2 free new demigods coming out in about 1-2 months which might increase the playerbase.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I'm trying to re-install this game from Impulse after getting my new hard drive and both times I tried I got "Downloaded file invalid; MD5s do not match the server"

Anyone know what's up?

eznark

Banned
The "Big Update" is supposedly dropping tomorrow!
http://frogboy.impulsedriven.net/article/368705/Demigod_The_Big_Update
SO WHERE ARE THE DEMIGODS?!

So how are the new Demigods finally going to get distributed?

Assuming all goes well with QA, this Wednesday, we expect to release v1.2. This isn’t a promise, this depends on QA.

Version 1.2:

So here’s what is in the new build we have:

#1 New AI options

Game options can now set what happens with AI Players. THIS IS A BIG DEAL for those of us who play online because AND in skirmish because you can now control how tough the AI Players are and what they give you when they die.

So in MP, someone drops, you have an AI Player you can now make it so that they don’t give much gold and toughen them up or some combination.

#2 The Mod Manager

Players can make mods and share them with others. You can enable mods and if everyone else has those mods, voila they’re on like game options.

If someone has mods enabled and a user doesn’t have it, they can’t join the game. This is for security purposes – these ARE mods afterall made potentially by third parties. We plan to get some mods out there as soon as possible so people can see what’s possible.

When I get time, I want to try to make “Brad’s Item Pack” which adds new items to the game.

#3 Gameplay balancing and tweaks

These probably won’t be in this build as they’re still being tested but amongst the changes:

* Queen of Thorns. I hope to have some good news on this this week.
* AI improvements. I’ll get more specifics.
* Online play. We’ve requested changes to make MP smoother on “laggy” connections. That said, the best thing you guys can do is make sure “stuff” isn’t being downloaded in the background. Every time we investigate specific cases it turns out someone has Windows update downloading stuff on another machine in their house, has bit torrent going on or is streaming something via their Xbox or Play Station. Basically, Ping tells you response time but it doesn’t tell you whether something else is eating your bandwidth.
* High End Favor Items. We’re discussing new high end favor items. They won’t be in this week but the idea is to have things beyond “blood of the fallen” and such that are simply better but cost more.

Trying out the new Demigods

Once the updated version of Demigod is out, I will start talking to people via Ready to Play. At first, I’ll just be playing with people and I’ll have the Demigod. Other Stardockians will be playing as well this way. Then we’ll start adding the new demigods to people’s accounts and they’ll be playing it.

From there, we’ll get more feedback and submit that to GPG to tweak the demigods further and then everyone will get them in a follow-up to v1.2.

eznark

Banned
I feel dumb now. I've actually gotten a few invites via Ready To Play from Brad. I was never at the computer to accept them. Didn't know I could be getting a sneak peak at new stuff!

blitz64

Demigod 1.2 is out

Demigod v1.20 (1.20.143 on Impulse)
--------------------------------

- Added host options to manually control experience and gold rewards given for killing AI players. Default amount reduced slightly.
- Added mod manager (everyone must have the same mods extracted to \bindata\mods folder).
- Added options to enable additional Demigods as the update rolls out
- Fixes a serious desync that could potentially resolve a number of problem cases in MP.
- Fixed TB’s ability to attack while moving in Fire Mode.
- Additional optimizations for MP on "laggy" connections. Please note that ping isn't
a measure of whether your machine or other machines on your network are taking bandwidth.

Citadel Upgrades
- Graveyard Citadel Upgrade: Increased bonus from 10/20/40% to 15/30/50%

Favor Items
- Samm-El's Cloak: Buffed cap from 25% to 15%
- Dark Crimson Vial: Reduced cast time from 2 to 1 seconds
- Staff of the Warmage: Increased mana from 700 to 800
- Magical Coin Pouch: Buffed cost reduction from 10% to 15%
- Horn of Battle: Increased health regen from 10 to 25

Items
- Hex Scroll: Reduced cost from 500 to 250
- Capture Lock: Increased cast time from 1 to 2 seconds
- Duelist Cuirass: Reduced cost from 3000 to 2500. Crit chance increased from 5 to 10%.
- Gladiator Gloves: Reduced cost from 750 to 450
- Theurgist's Cap: Reduced cost from 3000 to 2000
- Hungarling's Crown: Reduced cost from 6500 to 5500
- Ironwalkers: Reduced cost from 3750 to 2750
- Desperate Treads: Reduced cost from 5000 to 4000
- Gauntlet's of Despair: Increased mana drain from 200 to 300
- Doomspite Grips: Increased weapon damage from 30 to 40
- Forest Band: Increased minion armor from 200 to 300
- Warlord's Punisher: Unchanged
- Ring of the Ancients: Reduced cost from 3500 to 2500
- Parasite Egg: Reduced cost from 4000 to 3000
- Horn of Battle: Changed to give minions 50 health for 20 seconds.

Game Mechanics
- Dodge Cap increased from 30% to 40%
- Interrupts will no longer overwrite stuns
- Crit damage calculations fixes
- Item cost modifiers will now affect citidel upgrades properly. Previously, a citidel upgrade would charge a player the modified cost, but would not allow you to buy it until you had the full cost gold available.
- Improved shamblers to be a bit more capable of pursuit.
- Heroes will re-engage their attack target after performing an ability
- Fix for all of TB's Rings of Fire going away after the oldest ones time out.
- Fixes for demigods chasing after old targets at inappropriate times.
- Dark Valor flag now included in Fortress mode on Zikurat
- Added support for ignoring players in-game. Supported commands: /ignore /squelch

Queen of Thorns
- Summon Shambler: Summon Shambler now increases health and damage of Shamblers as you gain new ranks. The values are 5/10/15 damage and 125/250/375 health.
- Entourage: Shamber buff decreased to compensate for Summon Shambler's boost. Damage reduced from 10/20/30 to 6/12/18 damage and 250/500/750 health to 165/330/495.

dionysus

Yaldog
So this game has been reworked. A bunch of new items, changes to old items, and 2 new demigods.

Lets try to get the old crew back together and play this weekend. The community for demigod is a lot more fun than League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth, where the dota community is just a bunch of jerks that bitch at each other and rage quit.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
dionysus said:
So this game has been reworked. A bunch of new items, changes to old items, and 2 new demigods.

Lets try to get the old crew back together and play this weekend. The community for demigod is a lot more fun than League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth, where the dota community is just a bunch of jerks that bitch at each other and rage quit.

Interesting. I'll reinstall it this weekend and give it a go.

eznark

Banned
If "the old group" needs a fill in I'm down. Been playing it on and off but it seems like most games have bot fill ins.

Volodja

I would be interested in some matches but I imagine that I would have pretty bad pings with the majority of the people in here considering that I'm located in europe.

dionysus

Yaldog
eznark said:
If "the old group" needs a fill in I'm down. Been playing it on and off but it seems like most games have bot fill ins.

All are welcome. I guess we should revive the IRC channel for this weekend or else no one will be able to find each other cause impulse is not that great at friend finding

irc.stardock.com #neogaf

I guess Occulus isn't quite playable yet, but soon. Demon assassin is pretty cool though.

poweld

Sorry I wasn't really prepared till today. I'll be loitering in the channel, so come on by or post when you'd be able to play so we can have a reunion :)

poweld

OK! At 2PM EST (about 1 hour from now) let's convene in the #neogaf channel and make the magic happen once more. I'm counting on you guys! Dio and I are already hanging out in the room.

Hawk SE

I played the demo of Demigod last night and actually liked it.

Haven't been into the RTS Arena games like DoTA or HoN too much. Haven't given them proper time.

$7.50 is a nice price from $29.99

DemiGAF recommend?

poweld

Hawk xSx said:
I played the demo of Demigod last night and actually liked it.

Haven't been into the RTS Arena games like DoTA or HoN too much. Haven't given them proper time.

$7.50 is a nice price from $29.99

DemiGAF recommend?
It's a great game, but still has some network issues, and it looks like the community has really thinned out.

If you know some people to play with, I'd say it's a definite. Had a blast while DemiGAF was still going strong.

eznark

Banned
Sysgen said:
May get it. Is there any micro-managing involved and if so to what extent?
Not really. You skill up based on a skill-tree and you buy items. If you're an assassin that is pretty much all you have to "manage." You can pick classes that allow you to generate minions which adds a small bit of additional management but not much.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
If someone wants to get DemiGAF up and running again to check it out communally, I'm in.

But last time I ventured out by myself everyone was an asshole.

blitz64

http://forums.demigodthegame.com/373803

Oculus is out. I would think 2 new demigods, replays, and mods will get demigod community alive but it doesn't look like it.

For the past few months, I have tried loggin in to play a game about once a month. I tried again today, updated to latest patch. Spent 10 minutes to get a game going and quickly felt deja vu.

Frogboy said there are no plans for expansion pack or mini expansion pack. Paid download content for demigod is a maybe depending on how many ppl download this patch.

DaFish

Reinstalling Demigod on my new MacBook Pro (using Crossover Games client)

Heres to hopping I can get it running on this thing!

poweld

DaFish said:
Reinstalling Demigod on my new MacBook Pro (using Crossover Games client)

Heres to hopping I can get it running on this thing!
Not sure if you can run it well on Crossover, but I know that in bootcamp you can certainly run it... my last-gen MBP does pretty well.

Ashes2049

Neo Member
I have a coupon for 75% off. If anyone wants it just drop me a pm and I will forward you the mail.
First come first serve!
Ends 18th February

DaFish

poweld said:
Not sure if you can run it well on Crossover, but I know that in bootcamp you can certainly run it... my last-gen MBP does pretty well.
Hmm, don't have a copy of windows to use with bootcamp... oh wells

Top Bottom