• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the official drakensang thread of of of of of JESUS CHRIST GERMAN RPG (now on steam)

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
omigosh.. installing the demo right now! So excited! Drakensang was probably my favorite commercial rpg i played this year.. loved it beginning to end.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Pics
drakensang2009-12-2215-25-00-46.jpg

drakensang2009-12-2215-36-02-92.jpg

drakensang2009-12-2215-37-10-88.jpg

drakensang2009-12-2215-37-39-55.jpg

drakensang2009-12-2215-38-09-88.jpg

drakensang2009-12-2215-40-31-67.jpg

drakensang2009-12-2215-40-39-18.jpg

drakensang2009-12-2215-42-00-72.jpg

drakensang2009-12-2215-44-38-96.jpg

drakensang2009-12-2215-45-36-27.jpg

drakensang2009-12-2215-45-25-02.jpg

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
RISE FROM THE DEPTHS!

So I bought this earlier today at retail whilst chuckling to myself because I can't even remember the last time I did that for a PC game. I remember there being a thread about it on here and it seemed to get some glowing impressions, so I thought may as well. That story behind the purchase is only partly true; the girl is going on some insane RPG craze at the moment. She slammed through Dragon Age and wanted more, I told her to grab The Witcher and she slammed through that too. Literally finishing it over a couple of days. The woman is possessed. Kept pestering me to find out any good RPGs so I'm the one that bought it and she's the one that is installing.

Looks better than I expected though.

bloke

Bump cause Benelux version of River of Time came out last week and it's apparently in (proper) English, both text and VO...not sure where can you buy it if you're outside Benelux countries...UK&US are getting it Feb 2011 I think.

keuja

Damn this game was completely off my radar... Didn't even know it was out already.
it also got good reviews apparently.

Now should I buy this or two worlds 2? Both looks really promising...

keuja said:
Damn this game was completely off my radar... Didn't even know it was out already.
it also got good reviews apparently.

Now should I buy this or two worlds 2? Both looks really promising...
I would get this for a surefire good game and wait for some more TW2 impressions. I'm a little skeptical of that game even with the good reviews Two Worlds 22 has gotten.

At least this is my plan right after i'm done with New Vegas

keuja

Yeah I think I'll buy it, I'm craving for an open world fantasy RPG. If TW2 turns out to be good, I'll get it too.
Reading the reviews, the game has a Baldgur's gate vibe to it. Combat is apparently not very dynamic, basically just a visual transcription of dice rolls, but has a strong tactical component with special moves, spells, etc + an active pause system. Some people seem to complain about it but personally I like it.

My biggest concern is a lack of post-release support and fixing due to the crashing and burning in general of the team/company into acquisition and whatnot. Well, that and if I'll have any money left come Feb 2011 in the gaming budget! :lol

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
bloke said:
Bump cause Benelux version of River of Time came out last week and it's apparently in (proper) English, both text and VO...not sure where can you buy it if you're outside Benelux countries...UK&US are getting it Feb 2011 I think.

Are you sure its coming in 2011 in English? I thought that was canceled.
I hope its true...

Munin

keuja said:
Yeah I think I'll buy it, I'm craving for an open world fantasy RPG. If TW2 turns out to be good, I'll get it too.
Reading the reviews, the game has a Baldgur's gate vibe to it. Combat is apparently not very dynamic, basically just a visual transcription of dice rolls, but has a strong tactical component with special moves, spells, etc + an active pause system. Some people seem to complain about it but personally I like it.

Please be aware that the Drakensang games are not open world RPGs. They are closest in structure to Bioware games, i.e. linear with some sense of freedom and optional quests.

They're also the best RPGs in that category that aren't by Bioware, but your mileage may vary of course.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So the English version of River of Time is available for pre-order now on both Gamersgate and Impulse (and maybe others). Both of them are discounted from the regular price of $19.99. No word on Steam, yet. The release date is January 11th!

Ceebs

Zefah said:
So the English version of River of Time is available for pre-order now on both Gamersgate and Impulse (and maybe others). Both of them are discounted from the regular price of $19.99. No word on Steam, yet. The release date is January 11th!
News of the day! Will probably grab the Impulse version.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Ceebs said:
News of the day! Will probably grab the Impulse version.

Same. I'll give Steam until Sunday to put it up.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I'm definitely buying River of Time, only not any time soon, what with White Gold and Precursors taking up all my PC gaming time.

Definitely looking forward to it, though, and interested to hear impressions. At only $20, it's a steal!

Sotha Sil

I've had my eye on this game for quite a while now.

How do the dialogue skills work? Do you just get more xp out of the quest, or does it really affect the quest's outcome?

Ceebs

This up at any of the DD portals yet? Looks like it will be a late Steam release, so whoever has it up for download first gets my money.

Patryn

Ceebs said:
This up at any of the DD portals yet? Looks like it will be a late Steam release, so whoever has it up for download first gets my money.

That's what I'm wondering. All indications were it was supposed to be "released" today, but it's still saying pre-orders on both.

Any idea what time it'll unlock?

Patryn

Diseased Yak said:
I believe it's available on Impulse right now. Says so, anyway.

Ah. Because the front of Impulse still says Pre-order.

And reading GamersGate's Twitter, it looks like it's supposed to be available, but something is wrong and they're working on it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
It's definitely up on Impulse. I had it pre-ordered and my card was charged this morning. I was able to start the download on the Impulse client before work, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet.

Ceebs

Zefah said:
It's definitely up on Impulse. I had it pre-ordered and my card was charged this morning. I was able to start the download on the Impulse client before work, but I haven't had a chance to play it yet.
Installing atm. I'll throw together an OT for it so it can get a bit more exposure.

Top Bottom