• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official GDC Thread (March 23-27, 2009) of "Megatons?" and Getting Stupid.

[Nintex]

Dabanton said:
Any more info on this?
It's a third party source mod(not Valve or anything) and It'll take a couple more days before the word is out.

HiResDes said:
Probably something related to Left 4 Dead if that could count as a sort of source mod. This or maybe Day of Defeat.
I'm no douchebag like Geoff so I'll adjust the hype levels.
The megaton part has more to do with the theme of the mod and it's not from VALVE.

Cosmozone

I haven't played MGS4 yet but I feel the series can't go on like it did before although I'm generally looking forward to a continuation of the franchise. MGS managed to keep surprisingly fresh throughout its iterations (as opposed to e.g. Metroid Prime or God of War), but especially story-wise there's probably no more interesting stuff to serve.

What Metal Gear needs now is a sharp turn. I'd suggest for example replacing the whole cast with a new one. May be with a little intersection, but not by much. How about a drastic change in the overall setting? And sorry Mr. Kojima, but writing is not your strength, time to give a talented newcomer a chance.

Barakov

Gold Member
Teknoman said:
Whats up with 8-bit mario being in there? Just paying respect to Miyamoto?

Pretty much. Kojima has said more or less the person he respects the most in the games industry is Miyamoto.

The links to all the major news that came out of the past week are now in the OP. I gotta say this was a great GDC week and this thread was definitely fun to follow, update, and read. Thanks for making the experience memorable GAF!

Top Bottom