• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

MightyHedgehog said:
Nice thread and nod to Scarface.

Damnation. Did you not read the top of the OP?

Edit: Great thread. I wasn't initially looking forward to this one (it will be my first GTA), but I'm getting pretty excited about it.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Wow, Himuro, you give good header.

Himuro said:
I'm actually liking the new weapon icons now that we've got direct feed shots and not scans.

See, I knew you'd come around. Unfortunately, it's too late to call off the hit.

Tokubetsu

Riptwo said:
So close. But I'm not sure whether I should jump into single or multiplayer first.

Same, I think I'll play a ton of SP first and then as soon as I hit a frustrating mission I'll jump into MP and play some Cops N crooks and then some hangman's noose.

jaydogg691

Oh the anticipation for this game is high. Will be playing single player until Friday and then jump into the multiplayer. It's best that you know the city before jumping into the multiplayer.

Loudninja

270059b.jpg

200262b.jpg

bjork

"- Missions are far more dynamic now and have a different structure. Many missions start at specific times now, similarly to Shenmue. If a train leaves at 10:00 am and you arrive at 10:01 am, you fail the mission."

^ wasn't this in other GTAs also?

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
bjork said:
"- Missions are far more dynamic now and have a different structure. Many missions start at specific times now, similarly to Shenmue. If a train leaves at 10:00 am and you arrive at 10:01 am, you fail the mission."

^ wasn't this in other GTAs also?

I don't think the mission would fail, you'd just have to kill time until the clock ticked back around.

Sean

Banned
Great job on the OP.

First time I'm seeing the HUD, it looks very nice but seems way too small IMO. Especially the mini-map part, it's gonna be hard to look at that while driving.

Riptwo

Forgive me if this has been asked a thousand times before in other threads, but has there been confirmation as to what's on the soundtrack included with the LE? And although I've already preordered the LE through EB, is there any other cool swag at other retailers? I saw the package with free gamerpics around, but I don't think that's enough to sway me.

bjork

Himuro said:
I don't remember missions like this ever.

I know that in III, you had something like 6 hours to go from Staunton to the Red Light District to kill Salvatore. The time would change depending on when you started the mission, but you were always given the same amount of time to get there and do the deed. There was also the one tree of missions you got from the mechanic guy, and you could only go there during a certain stretch of the day for missions. So it's not exactly the same thing, but close enough imo.

I haven't played these games in some time, but I'm sure that's not the only example.

bjork

Himuro said:
Well, during that mission, you are already ON a mission. It is a timed mission. This is completely entirely. This feature means you won't always have a mission right when you're assigned one. You'll have to wait so you can even do it.

I guess if you want to see waiting as a feature, that's cool. I rather just go get it and do it.

Riptwo

Himuro said:
I'm not even sure about it myself. It could be neat.
I'm just hoping that you aren't assigned too many missions at once in a short time frame, since I'll have Dead Rising related OCD flashbacks.

bjork

Himuro said:
I'm not even sure about it myself. It could be neat.

For me it'll depend on the passage of time, and if I can still carry out a mission if I'm in the middle of being chased.

I'm real glad they ditched the whole eating/working out thing in this game, too. That was pretty much the only thing I disliked about SA.

Pimpbaa

bjork said:
For me it'll depend on the passage of time, and if I can still carry out a mission if I'm in the middle of being chased.

I'm real glad they ditched the whole eating/working out thing in this game, too. That was pretty much the only thing I disliked about SA.

I will miss the comments about me be fat in SA :( "back of yo head looks like a pack of hotdogs"

Fletcher

Since my PS3 stopped reading discs, I haven't turned my 360 on for longer than 5 minutes. Help prevent my system from busting before it comes out. This shit is serious.

Top Bottom