• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 1/100 kits have pretty good poseability IMO! Did you ever build a 00 1/100 scale kit? Poseability wasn't quite MG level but you could still pull off plenty of cool poses with the kits. I built the Astraea.

Regarding the GP04, the base kit is so different I'm not sure a Gerbera Tetra to GP04 conversion would even work very well. They had to compromise severely even in the Fix Figuration version.

I'm actually a fan of the GP04 (because it's related to Cima Garahau, easily one of my all-time fave Gundam characters), so we do exist btw. ;)

duckroll

I've never built a non-grade kit because I honestly hate the way they look. The 00 ones especially. It's something about the quality combined with the scale size which makes them look really, really cheap to me. :(

Just want to add that I will quite probably buy all three of the announced kits so far. I'm thrilled they're doing something as obscure as the Mk. III.

Imagine if they did the GP00! How nuts would THAT be!?

These look to be better than the 00 stuff (I was referring to poseability more than looks). The Nightingale reminds me of an early Master Grade like the GP01.

raven777

to me the RE/100 series is something that consists of ones that they are not willing to make MG for various reasons (popularity, the size/scale, etc) I don't think it will be near as popular as MG or even RG lines. They just seem like non-grade 100 kits but with unique purpose.

I think I'll love the line for the same reason I loved the FIX line. They had incredibly obscure mecha in that line...Mk. III was actually one of the final releases before the 1/144 scale figures stopped being released in favor of the rare occasional 1/100 FIX Metal Composites.

duckroll

Talking about FIX Figuration reminds me of the Ex-S Gundam I have on my shelf. It's pretty nice. Somehow Bandai still released MGs for the S Gundam and Ex-S Gundam even though they were non-show mechs which were kinda obscure. I guess they were more experimental back then...

Ken

I thinks Jegan would belong to the MG line, as they could release endless variants of it.

This line will probably focus on obscure "one-off" designs that were never featured in animation.

they had 19 years to make a MG jegan

and they didn't.

i mean, the rezel got 3 different MG versions and all the jegan got was a few HGUC kits, with one being bandai dlc.

maybe they're working on a super 1/100 jegan kit that comes with add-ons for stark, EWAC, proto, etc.!!!!!!

Talking about FIX Figuration reminds me of the Ex-S Gundam I have on my shelf. It's pretty nice. Somehow Bandai still released MGs for the S Gundam and Ex-S Gundam even though they were non-show mechs which were kinda obscure. I guess they were more experimental back then...

They released a Perfect Zeong too!

The S-Gundam is popular I think. That's the design that put Katoki on the map, essentially.

I am guessing we'll see stuff like the Mk. V, the Penelope, the Xi Gundam, etc., in this line.

I actually own every Fix Figuration.

Even the Deep Striker.

raven777

53743A694C2759001D

comparing with current MG the ver.ka does look a lot better and also closer to the original design which is quite weird for ver.ka line.

Scavenger

The Hi-Nu ver Ka looks a bit obese.

Almost done with my GM Sniper II. Only need to super glue a beam saber hilt I broke, clean up some of the paint and paint over some of the nip marks some day. I painted some of the details and gave the light blue parts blue panel lines with a blue real touch marker. I messed the stickers up a little so I might keep stickers, remove them completely or use the spare stickers.

I also watched 0080 while building and man that show didn't age well at all. No likable characters at all. And hahaha oh wow, the GM Sniper II grunts are even worse than the Wing and SEED grunts. At least the grunts from those series tried to fight, the 0080 grunts just stand still.

Scavenger, the lineart for the Hi-Nu was always bulky. They redesigned it and made it sleeker for its original MG release and all the iterations that followed used that new, sleeker design (1/144, HCM-Pro, even UFO Catcher Prize Figures). The latest Robot Damashii has the bulkier proportions Of the original lineart while keeping the color scheme of the redesigned version.

I'm very happy we are finally getting a true version of the Hi-Nu.

Edit: and WTF, are you hating on Bernie!? No likeable characters??? Bernie is great, so is Christina, and Al becomes very likeable at the end when he realizes what war means and what its true cost is.

mingus

i don't wanna be a debbie downer but

The image shows the text 'NEXT FIGHTERS STANDBY', which probably is a teaser referring to possible new characters in this new series project.

what if they are just releasing new model kits :/

someone pls prove me wrong

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
i don't wanna be a debbie downer but

what if they are just releasing new model kits :/

someone pls prove me wrong

That's what I think it is, considering it was the phyisical kits shown in the photo on the poster. Not anything from the animation.

But I mean what other kits could they do from the show?

duckroll

Finished both arms on my RG Exia finally. I finished one over the weekend but got distracted for a bit after I couldn't fit a piece in the other arm. Didn't want to rush it and end up with another missing limb. >_<

Lol. handling some of these parts make me feel like a total scrub. When a whole component is done, it looks really great, but goddamn, 1/144 with this much detail is a pain in the ass!

Hopefully will start on the torso by the weekend. Then I can start taking photos of what a basic RG Exia with 2 arms and 1 leg might look like.... x_X

Bernie is great. His video message for Al gets me every time.

The best scene is when he's waiting at the spaceport, sees that couple fighting, and then calls Al.

Has a lot of maybe intentional parallels with the scene of Char at the bar watching Garma's funeral, and shows how stark the difference between the two characters is.

mingus

That's what I think it is, considering it was the phyisical kits shown in the photo on the poster. Not anything from the animation.

But I mean what other kits could they do from the show?

that's true, the released kits have pretty much covered all of the main gundams, although there's the possibility of Honoo kits. i really hope i'm wrong in this.

Wubby

Seems that was just a rumor.

I'd personally prefer a PG RX-78-2 2.0 anyway. :)

Yeah I can't help but feel that PG line is in need of a reboot or something... The PG RX-78 kit is a 16 year old kit now...

But perhaps the PG Unicorn will be the December kit now that we are getting a Ka a bit early? I'd rather just get another MG Ver. Ka in December though.

PG Unicorn makes too much sense to just be a rumor in my opinion. Hopefully we'll hear something in the coming days.

Otherwise I haven't seen anything from this show that I would want. Nightingale looks a bit too underdetailed and I have never cared about the Hi-Nu. Nu is one of my favorites but Hi-Nu does nothing for me.

duckroll

No those are just customized HGs with more detail added (mostly the stickers I think) to show what a RG kit might kinda look like. It's a Hobby Magazine thing. But yeah it does seem likely that Bandai will go through with it and release those as the next RG kits. Maybe next year.

How do you guys feel about Beltorchika's Child getting a manga adaptation in Gundam Ace?

I welcome it, personally. I'm not a fan of the Hi-Nu or Nightingale, but it should be interesting seeing an alternative take on Char's Counterattack.

How do you guys feel about Beltorchika's Child getting a manga adaptation in Gundam Ace?

I welcome it, personally. I'm not a fan of the Hi-Nu or Nightingale, but it should be interesting seeing an alternative take on Char's Counterattack.

Fine with me. They've been remaking everything in manga form the last decade or so in ACE, so it's nothing shocking. Stardust Memory is also being redone right now.

So is Z Gundam. Zeta Define is a garbage-level manga though, and more of a sequel to Char's Deleted Crappy Affair than it is a proper Zeta adaptation.

If only every Manga reboot could be as good as The Origin. That's some literature there.

Beth Cyra

At this point almost every major Gundam property has had or is having a new manga running.

Gundam The Origin
Zeta - Has the remaster/retelling
ZZ- Nothing yet

Crossbone hasn't ever stopped really

CCA - Now has Children

G Gundam - Has as retelling, not sure if it's been completed. Also it has/had a prequel starring Master Asia.

Wing - Has Glory which is a retelling + it's sequel Glory

SEED/Destiny - Had the Remasters plus Astray is getting more sequels

The only thing that isn't currently getting stuff that I know of is AGE, X and Turn A.

Ken

Finished both arms on my RG Exia finally. I finished one over the weekend but got distracted for a bit after I couldn't fit a piece in the other arm. Didn't want to rush it and end up with another missing limb. >_<

Lol. handling some of these parts make me feel like a total scrub. When a whole component is done, it looks really great, but goddamn, 1/144 with this much detail is a pain in the ass!

Hopefully will start on the torso by the weekend. Then I can start taking photos of what a basic RG Exia with 2 arms and 1 leg might look like.... x_X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom