• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
EazyB said:
MLG is solely responsible for Halo's success. Want proof, check out the MLG playlist population.

hey, that population will remain about the same for the next few years. But yea, I might be getting a team together for Meadowlands in 09...maybe...probably not lol

edit: was that hostile enough for you TDG? :D

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
EazyB said:
MLG is solely responsible for Halo's success. Want proof, check out the MLG playlist population.

It's true, the 1,500 people that attend every one of MLG's events contributed to the rise of the Halo 3 population.

A little known fact is that MLG players actually play with one controller per limb, so thats actually 60,000 people.

GhaleonEB

So I'm getting back into Halo 3 online now that Fable 2 has run its course (until the DLC hits). In between my nightly pillaging of resources in Kingdom for Kelflings that is, which you should all be playing.

I forgot how much I missed Avalanche. I've taken to grabbing shots of post-carnage, rather than action as it happens. Some of the scenes after a major encounter can be amusing. But I won't clog the thread with them. I just found this moment amusing:

60029057-Full.jpg

They got pasted pretty hard.

Oh, and 'grats on being #1 again, Bungie. It's downright ridiculous to the degree to which everyone is still falling short of the standards you guys set.

EazyB said:

right, thats what i posted. because i didnt write "contributed" intentionally to avoid attracting a troll like you

LAUGHTREY said:
It's true, the 1,500 people that attend every one of MLG's events contributed to the rise of the Halo 3 population.

1500? thats ignoring all the teams that practice and practice over the offseason just to have their plans fall through later on, which is about 95% of them.

and the mlg playlist population is of course an accurate indicator of the play time of a community that prefers customs and gamebattles.

Shishka

Works for Bungie
Domino Theory said:
I'm not sure if I'm right, but did we get a December MM update?

You did, but it was very tiny. Nothing terribly thrilling.

Oh and Shishka, please please don't remove Squad Battle. Please. :(

It's not going anywhere. It's numbers are nothing to phone home about, but 6v6 can survive under those conditions better than 8v8 can.

Besides, I've lined up a nice gift for it for the new year. Would be pretty awkward if it wasn't at the party.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Shishka said:
You did, but it was very tiny. Nothing terribly thrilling.

It's not going anywhere. It's numbers are nothing to phone home about, but 6v6 can survive under those conditions better than 8v8 can.

Besides, I've lined up a nice gift for it for the new year. Would be pretty awkward if it wasn't at the party.

So I see the chef has cooked up a'new. ;)

McLovin

How's the Halo online community? Just got a 360 and I'm thinking about getting Halo 3 for MP(already played SP campaign on a friends 360). Are people using game breaking glitches like wall-bouncing and all that in Gears 1?

McLovin said:
How's the Halo online community? Just got a 360 and I'm thinking about getting Halo 3 for MP(already played SP campaign on a friends 360). Are people using game breaking glitches like wall-bouncing and all that in Gears 1?
No. With what happened to Halo 2, and how it ruined the gameplay, Bungie made sure that it wouldn't happen again. Halo 3 is practically glitch free when it comes to gameplay/multiplayer.

Ramirez

sixthsubset said:
right, thats what i posted. because i didnt write "contributed" intentionally to avoid attracting a troll like you

1500? thats ignoring all the teams that practice and practice over the offseason just to have their plans fall through later on, which is about 95% of them.

and the mlg playlist population is of course an accurate indicator of the play time of a community that prefers customs and gamebattles.

Are you on their payroll? Seriously...

Can't believe people still fall for Eazy's obvious troll baits.

Dax01 said:
No. With what happened to Halo 2, and how it ENHANCED the gameplay, Bungie made sure that it wouldn't happen again. Halo 3 is practically glitch free when it comes to gameplay/multiplayer.

Yea I hear that.

O look MLG bashing on the last page, sweet!

GhaleonEB

TDG said:
Oh stop whining, I'm sure Bungie knows that fans want a Team Snipers playlist and will put one up at some point.
But what about a Team AR playlist? What about my needs? Where's my all-AR on Avalanche playlist? And where's my cake? Won't someone bring me some cake.

TDG

Banned
Oh yeah, that reminds me, some kid challenged me to one-on-one for my Recon armor. Which was sort of strange considering I don't have recon armor.

Kibbles

TDG said:
Oh yeah, that reminds me, some kid challenged me to one-on-one for my Recon armor. Which was sort of strange considering I don't have recon armor.
:lol

If anyone wants to challenge me for my Recon go ahead. ;)

Merguson

Banned
So Microsoft hasn't removed the credit card information from both accounts like they promised they would.

*sigh*

They won't get a single cent from me until they have resolved the problem. Looks like I'm carrying a boycott against a giant on different reasons unlike some of you over Halo 3 content.

Kibbles said:
Yeah Halo 3 is like heaven compared to Gears 1/2's online MP. Feels so good.
Correct. I played my first games in several weeks on Monday and remembered why my gaming heart is still open to the possiblity of joy and love in this, the most disappointing season of gaming.

Although Left 4 Dead is still GOTY.

EazyB

Banned
Too much Gears hate in here

* 12/10/2008 1:16 PM
* King of the Hill
* Avalanche

Team Score 2
Team Place 1
Player Score 8,100
Player Place 1
Kills 53
Chainsaw kills 52
Deaths 18
Assists 0
Revives 0
Time in Cover 00:00:23
Longest Kill Streak 11
Game Length 00:22:15
Headshots 0
Executions 1
Chainsaw Duels 13

Tied your longest streak Eggs L

Chinner

Banned
EazyB said:

* King of the Hill
* Avalanche

Team Score 2
Team Place 1
Player Score 8,100
Player Place 1
Kills 53
Chainsaw kills 52
Deaths 18
Assists 0
Revives 0
Longest Kill Streak 11
Headshots 0
Executions 1
Chainsaw Duels 13

I see what you did there.

TimeLike

If your overall Highest Skill is 50/General but you have never played Squad Battle, would you be matched up against Recruits and Privates and other new comers the first time you play Squad Battle?

TimeLike said:
If your overall Highest Skill is 50/General but you have never played Squad Battle, would you be matched up against Recruits and Privates and other new comers the first time you play Squad Battle?

Yea.

xxjuicesxx said:
Man I just cannot stand that guys voice and lame presentation. He just sounds like a big fat weiner.

+1 Left a lot to be desired from a production standpoint. Let's just say I didn't feel compelled to watch any of the other ones.

Brainboy

Shake Appeal said:
Correct. I played my first games in several weeks on Monday and remembered why my gaming heart is still open to the possiblity of joy and love in this, the most disappointing season of gaming.

Although Left 4 Dead is still GOTY.

Agreed. I played Halo for the first time in several weeks today. I jumped into Social Skirmish and had fun in seconds, even though I wasn't playing with friends and even though I didn't always win. The graphics were very refreshing again compared to Gears, I really missed the freedom of movement, and overall I just missed the instant fun.

Thermite

This artbook is amazing. So many fantastic pieces of art. I wish the Brute armor that looks similar to what the Spartans of ancient Greece wore made it into the game. That armor is the very definition of badass.
Make it happen in ODST, Bungle. Please. I'm begging you.

And the art depicting a flood infested covenant airship crashing to earth on page 85 = HOLY SHIT. Sooo awesome!

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
EazyB said:

* King of the Hill
* Avalanche

Team Score 2
Team Place 1
Player Score 8,100
Player Place 1
Kills 53
Chainsaw kills 52
Deaths 18
Assists 0
Revives 0
Longest Kill Streak 11
Headshots 0
Executions 1
Chainsaw Duels 13

Thermite, we have to repeat that Wingman game we had before to beat this IDIOT.

EazyB

Banned
TimeLike said:
It'll match them with other players with greater highest skills that are still level 1-5. Generally as a 47 if I go into a new playlist I'll be matched up against 30's to low 40's.

And Omlet will never be as good at Gears as I am.

So I'm just watching some justin.tv waking up and who do I see getting shot at but BladedExpert. Awesome coincidence. You just got rocketed at green but you were pooping on the kid streaming before that.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom