• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
im excited for this game, but there seems to be very little hype, I dont know how big the fanbase was for the previous two and the Beta thread was pretty empty.

ElRenoRaven

Wow. Official thread of the year. LOL

Great job and worth reading. I hadn't seen those Legendary Edition shots before. Haven't seen any near that good before.

tak

Linkzg said:
im excited for this game, but there seems to be very little hype, I dont know how big the fanbase was for the previous two and the Beta thread was pretty empty.
I'm not expecting this thread to be longer then 5 to 6 pages.

VALIS

Did I read right? The Cat Helmet edition won't have the hardcover book? Bummer. Anyone know how many pages it is?

(ps - awesome op, ghaleon)

It begins. nice job ghaleon. I just bout my reserve card today for the limited edition. I'm hyped!

edit this space for sell for a helmet. im me. =)

Smokey

Good job Ghaleon.

AND PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD USE SPOILER TAGS.

I would like to visit this thread often but I'm a bit hesitant because there are assholes on the internet and if someone ruins this story for me before it's in my hands...ill be pissed.

Smokey Bones said:
Good job Ghaleon.

AND PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD USE SPOILER TAGS.
I would like to visit this thread often but I'm a bit hesitant because there are assholes on the internet and if someone ruins this story for me before it's in my hands...ill be pissed.

Tieno

VALIS said:
Did I read right? The Cat Helmet edition won't have the hardcover book? Bummer. Anyone know how many pages it is?

(ps - awesome op, ghaleon)
The Cat helmet edition will be digital, but include more art.

manxor

GhaleonEB said:
If you guys want those used instead, let me know. I packed so much crap into the OP that I thought some smaller images would help.
Yes! They aren't much bigger in length anyway, and that width feels more appropriate.

von zipp

Good God! I can feel the Win pulsating from my screen!
Massive props for this thread, and all of your efforts.

- von.

AppleMIX

So I read through everything, awesome... awesome thread.

I just found out about the skulls in single player... like just now.

:(

Linkzg said:
being serious, I bet this thread will have 10 pages about how they OD'ed on the Halo 3 soda.

that soda is loaded with caff/sugar it will keep you up all night. bag it up and sell 30 twamps to unknowing HS kids.

soco

thanks guys! i really wanted them to be in 720p, but someone corrected me on that a few days ago, and then i come in here and see Hi-Res, and i got confused.

i preordered my legendary edition the other day. EB happened to have this long line and the guy started out talking about the normal version, and then starting talking about the CE version before i cut him off and said, "i want the legendary version", and several people just looked at me.

special thanks to ghaleon. this is the best official thread when it started.

Scottlarock said:
that soda is loaded with caff/sugar it will keep you up all night. bag it up and sell 30 twamps to unknowing HS kids.

in my day it was called Jolt, which was like heroin at the time.

GhaleonEB

AppleMIX said:
So I read through everything, awesome... awesome thread.

I just found out about the skulls in single player... like just now.

:(
Luke showed the selection screen at the IMAX thingy for a brief moment. There were a LOT of them - well over a dozen, IIRC. Finding fun combinations of them to toggle on to go romping with friends is going to be a hoot. The Campaign options are kind of crazy.

-Four difficulties
-Four-player online co-op
-Skulls to toggle on various modifiers
-Campaign Scoring

That all of the above can be combined just makes my head spin.

"Hmm, let's do two player co-op on Heroic with Team Scoring and these five skulls."

"No, let's grab two other guys and do Legendary with these eight skulls turned on and have competitive scoring on."

Campaign is going to have MP-like legs.

Tzeentch

Too bad they don't release the near-mythical (faked) GURPS Halo they showed on their webcam one time :)

Heck I've written for the GURPS line, I could do it for them :)

Linkzg said:
in my day it was called Jolt, which was like heroin at the time.

in years past, evertime I bolt a jolt soda from a local store, I got a little nervous...... :(
like buying the cinnamon flavored toothepicks

Awesome first post. Made full of win by m0dus' banner & footer. SP pose of MC in banner is missing.

All new members, don't forget to use spoiler tag: [spoiler]Halo 3[/spoiler]

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i'm on 56k, so for the time being, this thread is a bitch to check out, but i did let the opening post fully load minus pics and just wanted to say "great job" as i'm sure others have.

cheers

Tieno

GhaleonEB said:
Luke showed the selection screen at the IMAX thingy for a brief moment. There were a LOT of them - well over a dozen, IIRC. Finding fun combinations of them to toggle on to go romping with friends is going to be a hoot. The Campaign options are kind of crazy.

Campaign is going to have MP-like legs.
I agree, I played Gears SP a couple times just because of co-op. Just imagining playing Halo 3 with 3 other dudes on legendary, way bigger environments, with the motherfucking hornet, seeing them do stupid things, immortalizing it in a saved film...it gets me incredibly excited. I can't wait to jump in a warthog with a couple of other players and just cruise through a level. Riding the warthog in the green hills of Halo CE was one of my first "oh shit" moments in Halo.
I don't think I'm fully grasping yet how much fun co-op will be.

MirageDwarf said:
Awesome first post. Made full of win by m0dus' banner & footer. SP pose of MC in banner is missing.

All new members, don't forget to use spoiler tag: [spoiler]Halo 3[/spoiler]

So that's how you spoiler tag...

Good job. Well done. Nice thread. (insert all other said compliments). How many more days? I am getting a new Samsung DLP just because of this game. And thanks for posting about the Skulls. Like someone said, I had no clue what they were all about. Someone over at IGN (a supposed Halo 3 tester) said the game has no AA. Has this been confirmed?

Borys

Banned
Don't care about this game at ALL but great work on the first post Ghaleon. You are truly a Halo fan, Bungie should hire you in some way or the another.

edit: m0dus did the GFX? Cool art m0dus!

GhaleonEB

Scottlarock said:
so do all halo news goes in hear now?
My vote is to keep having seperate Weekly Update and Podcast threads, as usual. Collect other news in there to keep those on topic. Not that Halo threads ever wander off topic.

And thanks, Borys. :)

subrock said:
this is epic! holy crap I should take another day off work for this game , tuesday wont be enough.
im off the 25th til the 1st

my fiance's bday is the 29th, and we are celebrating it a week early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom