• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Halo 3 Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

squatingyeti said:
Suck it other people! You've waited an extra hour than me.

squatingyeti
Total wasted: 0 days, 8 hours, 26 mins, and 45 seconds
Total caused: 0 days, 9 hours, 55 mins, and 40 seconds

General Stats squatingyeti GhaleonEB Weight
Experience 328 114 0.0001x
Highest Skill 37 11 1x
Ranked Stats
K/D Ratio 1.16 1.08 2x
Kills/Game 12.79 11.51 2x
Killing Spree/Game 0.35 0.3 4x
Double Kill/Game 0.72 0.82 4x

Social Stats
K/D Ratio 1.35 1.23 1x
Kills/Game 12.98 11.73 1x
Spree/Game 0.46 0.43 2x
Double Kill/Game 1.02 0.8 2x
Total 86.5028 56.0914

Bring it Ghaleon lol.
Bring what? You've seen my stats. I got nothin'. :lol

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Bungie Podcast 2.19.08

http://www.bungie.net/news/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=13279

Direct Download 021908 (55:46) (66 MB)

The "other" (and by "other," I mean the older, smarter and better at Halo version of) Luke sits in for a raucous and rated-M for Mature version of the Bungie Podcast. Luke Timmins, an engineer at Bungie (specifically, he works on Networking code), talks about his seedy past, how he fought the law (and the law won) and how to get a job as an Engineer at Bungie.

Warning: This really does contain adult language.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
GhaleonEB said:
Bring what? You've seen my stats. I got nothin'. :lol
You have a better kd ratio than me. I think its time to cut my veins.

jk about the veins

Dirtbag

LukeSmith said:
Who said anything about map on Friday? :D

jedi mind tricks :D

EDIT: add this to super week, Colts franchise Clark (just for you luke)

godhandiscen said:
I am not as excited about this new batch of maps as I was about the old batch of maps. The problems is that of all the times I have played in ranked, I have only see them once or twice. I am more anxious about the date the old map pack becomes free and mandatory rather than the date the new maps show up.
can't argue with that... that's coming soon to!

godhandiscen

I am not as excited about this new batch of maps as I was about the old batch of maps. The problems is that of all the times I have played in ranked, I have only see them once or twice. I am more anxious about the date the old map pack becomes free and mandatory rather than the date the new maps show up.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Stinkles said:
Autoupdate goes live at 2am-ish in the wee small hours of wed. Don't wait up - it may be later than that.
Awesome!

PST, right?

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
The wording on B.net has me nervous:

In the wee hours of Wednesday, Feb 20th, PST, the Halo 3 AutoUpdate will go live, and address some minor bugs and gameplay issues.

Here's hoping for:

Removal of Cortana/Gravemind sequences from meta-game playthroughs
Ability to save films from post-game lobby
Displaying the current playlist to ALL party members (not just the party leader)
Ability to take screenshots while viewing a film in a party

JdFoX187

Banned
I tell you, if there was just ONE gametype that didn't have grenades, it'd be my favorite gametype of any game ever. Grenades are the worst thing anyone ever thought of for multiplayer shooters.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
JdFoX187 said:
I tell you, if there was just ONE gametype that didn't have grenades, it'd be my favorite gametype of any game ever. Grenades are the worst thing anyone ever thought of for multiplayer shooters.

Amen. The frag grenade spamming has gone too far in H3.

Especially in a game of KoTH on maps like Construct and Guardian, holy shit.

JdFoX187

Banned
Domino Theory said:

Yep, just played King of the Hill. Consisted of one guy hiding in one corner while the rest of the idiots threw grenades and killed each other. Nothing wrong with frags, but there are so many on the map that it's too much.

And for the love of God, tone down the objectives in Lone Wolves. Make a Lone Wolves Objectives or something.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Cocopjojo said:
The wording on B.net has me nervous:

Here's hoping for:

Removal of Cortana/Gravemind sequences from meta-game playthroughs
Ability to save films from post-game lobby
Displaying the current playlist to ALL party members (not just the party leader)
Ability to take screenshots while viewing a film in a party

No. The complete list is already out there, the non described features are invisible "bookkeeping" items. If we were doing a major feature overhaul, we'd have said so.

TDG

Banned
LukeSmith said:
Who said anything about map on Friday? :D
Ah ha! As an impatient child, I was hoping to hear something like this.

But yeah, this is a good week. Friday night GAF game to celebrate?

Insaniac

Domino Theory said:

i hear you there. My teammates do more damage to me then to the enemy >.>

Blueblur1

I will be turning on my Xbox tomorrow morning to download that sucker.

Also, on a related note, I was matched up with Luke Timmins in Lone Wolves one night around H3's launch and it effectively hogged the Beam Rifle on Snowbound and kicked my ass. Its my fileshare but I rather not have people realy look at that film. :p

Stinkles

Blueblur1 said:
I will be turning on my Xbox tomorrow morning to download that sucker.

Also, on a related note, I was matched up with Luke Timmins in Lone Wolves one night around H3's launch and it effectively hogged the Beam Rifle on Snowbound and kicked my ass. Its my fileshare but I rather not have people realy look at that film. :p

It also puts the lotion in the basket.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Stinkles said:
No. The complete list is already out there, the non described features are invisible "bookkeeping" items. If we were doing a major feature overhaul, we'd have said so.
Wow, that really sucks. We're coming up on six months after the game's release. And we've been asking for the Gravemind/Cortana sequence removal since day one. And not being able to see which playlist you're in unless you're the party leader is just odd.

I guess I was the only one that was expecting this stuff (maybe because I've been speculating on here for weeks/months and haven't seen anything said anywhere that this isn't that kind of update), but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the things that I named six months after the game's release. Especially the things that the community has asked for from the beginning (C/G removal, film saving in lobby).

Cocopjojo said:
Wow, that really sucks. We're coming up on six months after the game's release. And we've been asking for the Gravemind/Cortana sequence removal since day one. And not being able to see which playlist you're in unless you're the party leader is just odd.

I guess I was the only one that was expecting this stuff (maybe because I've been speculating on here for weeks/months and haven't seen anything said anywhere that this isn't that kind of update), but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect the things that I named six months after the game's release. Especially the things that the community has asked for from the beginning (C/G removal, film saving in lobby).

Hey Bungie gave us a pimp replay system, filesharing, 4 player co-op, forge, and a very awesome campaign.

I think you will be alright not being able to see the playlist. Not that big of a deal.

Stinkles

Cocopjojo said:
Wow, that really sucks. We're coming up on six months after the game's release. And we've been asking for the Gravemind/Cortana sequence removal since day one.

Believe it or not, that request does not comprise the bulk of my mail.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
BakedPigeon said:
Hey Bungie gave us a pimp replay system, filesharing, 4 player co-op, forge, and a very awesome campaign.

I think you will be alright not being able to see the playlist. Not that big of a deal.
That was my exact response to people six months ago, lol.

Ramirez

Does it take to much energy for you to ask the party leader what you're playing? :lol Hell you can tell what most lists are by the number and what your rank is. That's very low on the totem pole of things that need to be addressed.

godhandiscen

Just got this message from Max_PL apparently he didn't get permabanned:

MAX_PL said:
i didnt get banned for saying rapesauce. got banned for Sony trolling by some sony fanboy mod. tell my fans that i'll be back stronger than ever. and i still love Halo!!!

I really doubt Stinkles' theory of Max being a mod joke character. I truly believe he isn't joking.

GhaleonEB

Stinkles said:
Believe it or not, that request does not comprise the bulk of my mail.
Understandable, though it would be nice. I'm excited for the changes made, and appreciate the methodical approach to addressing the mêlée issue. I do hope that there are a lot more changes and improvements to come, though.

Stinkles

godhandiscen said:
Just got this message from Max_PL apparently he didn't get permabanned:

I really doubt Stinkles' theory of Max being a mod joke character. I truly believe he isn't joking.

xp8t1g.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom