• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official iPhone/iPod Touch Gaming Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

panda21

rolando looks like a huge locoroco rip off, its not by the same people is it?

wonder if me.com will launch today as well

jacf29

Banned
Flunkie said:
Holy shit. They've got Pandora Radio as an app? That's it. I'm getting one first thing on Friday.

Pandora is available for many different types of phones.

Edit: now if they have an imeem app it will be amazing.

Khalid-S

If you have updated your iTunes you will find "App Icon" under library. Click on "Get More Apps" and you will see all the apps and games. You can even purchase them before updating you iPhone/iPod Touch. Just bought Twitterrific for Free.

Enjoy.

batbeg

panda21 said:
rolando looks like a huge locoroco rip off, its not by the same people is it?

wonder if me.com will launch today as well

Well it isn't too likely Sony made an iPhone game, no. And really it only seems to be the visual design which is ripped off, the game looks pretty different in a lot of respects (and unfortunately, despite the ripped off visuals, the style still manages to suck :-\).

kottila

evlcookie said:
Yes, you will need to buy firmware 2.0

Well, if I'm to judge by the speed they launch this stuff in Europe (still no moviedownloads), this will never be an issue for me. Anyone know if this is coming out in Europe soon?

Flunkie

Banned
Aqua Forest is just like OE CAKE on PC. I love playing around with OE CAKE.

Edit: LOL they want me to pay $8 for it?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Flunkie said:
Aqua Forest is just like OE CAKE on PC. I love playing around with OE CAKE.

Edit: LOL they want me to pay $8 for it?

The prices arent set by apple, they are done by the developers of each title. So im guessing hudson want you to give em $9 !

Xater

kottila said:
Well, if I'm to judge by the speed they launch this stuff in Europe (still no moviedownloads), this will never be an issue for me. Anyone know if this is coming out in Europe soon?

It's already up in Europe. The iPhone and touch are sold here too you know? ;)

Khalid-S

picture2281a4.png

Gowans

Just had a look through some of the games, some nice simple stuff and some absoulte garbage on there that they want money for.

Lets hope customers help shape this and the expected pricing policy the right way at early doors.

Xater

Gowans007 said:
Just had a look through some of the games, some nice simple stuff and some absoulte garbage on there that they want money for.

Lets hope customers help shape this and the expected pricing policy the right way at early doors.

Yeah. The same with the other apps. There are some flashlight apps that you have to buy that there is also one for free. Same for a nice "To do list" app.

Gowans

Xater said:
Yeah. The same with the other apps. There are some flashlight apps that you have to buy that there is also one for free. Same for a nice "To do list" app.

Its great of Apple to highlight the free apps tho, but I bet some guys will get a few quid for some of there efforts early on (if not just from the people reviewing them).

The location apps that let you find other people nearby, take pics and tag them with the GPS and the virtual graphiti apps should be really interesting.

Xater

Gowans007 said:
Its great of Apple to highlight the free apps tho, but I bet some guys will get a few quid for some of there efforts early on (if not just from the people reviewing them).

The location apps that let you find other people nearby, take pics and tag them with the GPS and the virtual graphiti apps should be really interesting.

it willbe interesting to see how fast the catalog grows. I hope it will be fast and that there will be alot more free stuff. I mean there already was alot of stuff being developed for the jailbroken phones.

Gowans

Xater said:
it willbe interesting to see how fast the catalog grows. I hope it will be fast and that there will be alot more free stuff. I mean there already was alot of stuff being developed for the jailbroken phones.

yeah I expect the next month to be interesting and a lot of the apps falling away to the best free options.

As is only $100 hopefully the jailbreak app writers should be able to port there stuff over nicely.

panda21

so can you get 2.0 yet? i can see the apps (turn it on show apps in your prefs and its in your library) but no update

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
panda21 said:
so can you get 2.0 yet? i can see the apps (turn it on show apps in your prefs and its in your library) but no update

Nope. Guessing it doesnt come out till the 11th. Not sure if they are going to follow each countries time or what.

lucius

Accident said:

when I try to update itunes with this dl it keeps saying files need to be updated still in use when I am not running anything.
Windows Explorer (process Id:1756)

maybe has somehitng to do with a vista problem anyway I still can't update from the iTunes program maybe that way will work later

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
If I download the games on my computer, can I access the games on my iPhone at a different location? If so, then I don't see the purpose for getting a 16 gig.

Xater

olubode said:
If I download the games on my computer, can I access the games on my iPhone at a different location? If so, then I don't see the purpose for getting a 16 gig.

The games need to be on your iPhone. That's the entire point of the App store so that we ar eno longer stuck with shitty web apps.

winnarps

Wish this had released last night...

Now I gotta sit through a whole day of work before I can jump in.

Awesome stuff though.

Sho Nuff

Banned
Aqua Forest uses the Octave Engine, which is made by crazy Japanese mad scientists who love particle systems. Octave Engine is rad.

OUCH at the frame rate it's getting on the iPhone though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom