• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Widge

And in other forthcoming news - STL has a release coming out on Dark Entries that sounds great. Lots of gaseous dub that evolves into murky chug.

Fledz

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but anyone got the Traktor S4 mk2 here? I want to DJ at home again and that seems to be the perfect setup (Laptop or iPad).

I'd like to hook up my Dynaudio BM5a monitors wirelessly too but I'm worried about latency. Anyone seen or tried this before?

Bicep - "Glue"

I don't ever say this, but that track is dope.

Bicep are awesome. New album is fantastic.

Widge

Not sure if this is the right thread to ask, but anyone got the Traktor S4 mk2 here? I want to DJ at home again and that seems to be the perfect setup (Laptop or iPad).

I won a MK1 ages ago and found it an easy machine to use. I've now lent it to my bro who has his decks running through them instead... acting as an extravagant mixer!

Joe

I'm going through last Friday's new releases and I came across Kölsch - 1989 and it instantly blew me away.

Listening through his older albums right now and I love it all.

I may listen to all of 1977, 1983, and 1989 tonight.

Edit: I have no idea if I posted in the right thread, let me know if I didn't.

Edit2: This is just too good https://youtu.be/EvLUvwF8xws

see5harp

New kolsch is fire. Got back from life is beautiful and doing my best to try and not be so damn negative about edm. Too many divisions and lines drawn in every other part of my life. Maybe it’s just the festival afterglow still in my system

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
also, does anyone know how to get this track without doing all of that favorite/follow/repost nonsense they want you to? it's not for sale anywhere either or I'd just buy it

https://theartistunion.com/tracks/a99f93

Grabbed it off soulseek for ya. I mean, it's already a free download of an old-ish song, so nobody should feel guilty about getting it from a different source.

Code:
http://www86.zippyshare.com/v/cjlO5P9N/file.html

Sooo, this is happening:

DK0gYNYWAAEGMgy.jpg

F5 all the day until I get my tickets for the fabric one.

Burial is on a very productive roll as of late, me like. Already a new upcoming EP, and this time it's a rock-hard banger away from Hyperdub (NonPlus in this case):

Burial - Pre Dawn / Indoors
nice, will listen
I found Rodent in a local shop and picked it up, like it a lot more than his other recent stuff. The Kode9 remix is excellent too

also godfuckingdammit I keep forgetting to save the songs I like off of Apple Music's New Music Playlist before it refreshes on fridays :mad:

Widge

Couple of extra dates for Sasha’s refracted show go on sale this Friday: Manchester and London.

Listening to the Barbican do, it was really good.

Widge

I’ve been thoroughly fatigued by techno of recent, for some time even. This is wall to wall for three twelves and I’ve found it nothing short of engrossing. It’s on now, where I usually have my morning ambient commute session!

BeeDog

There are a lot of by-the-dozens albums in techno recently, but there is so much good stuff there too.

Here are some 2017 recommendations in any case:

- Ninos Du Brasil - Vida Eterna (my AOTY so far, by far)
- Perc - Bitter Music
- Tzusing ‎- 東方不敗
- Varg - Nordic Flora Series Pt. 3: Gore-Tex City
- Vatican Shadow - Luxor Necropolitics
- Yuji Kondo - Faces Past
- AnD - Social Decay

Those are some top-of-mind albums I consider more unconventional, but I think even quite a few of the more straightforward 'bangers' this year are mindblowing.

Either way, I'm hyped for the 1800HaightStreet album. Heard the samples and it bodes really well.

There are a lot of by-the-dozens albums in techno recently, but there is so much good stuff there too.

Here are some 2017 recommendations in any case:

- Ninos Du Brasil - Vida Eterna (my AOTY so far, by far)
- Perc - Bitter Music
- Tzusing ‎- 東方不敗
- Varg - Nordic Flora Series Pt. 3: Gore-Tex City
- Vatican Shadow - Luxor Necropolitics
- Yuji Kondo - Faces Past
- AnD - Social Decay

Those are some top-of-mind albums I consider more unconventional, but I think even quite a few of the more straightforward 'bangers' this year are mindblowing.

Either way, I'm hyped for the 1800HaightStreet album. Heard the samples and it bodes really well.
Nice, thanks for the recs

Tzusings DJ set at Unsound was rad.

Ive got back from the festival and spent the evening listening to trance and messing about trying to mix things like Castles in the Sky and Sandstorm with Jersey club lol

Hey, it seems like some serious shit is happening on GAF, this is pretty much the only community I care about at this point, can we make a slack team or discord server or something to stay in contact better?

OG Kush

Still alive and kicking? Wasn't the most active thread, nor was an I active poster but love electronic music. Wondering where everyone is heading to.

Top Bottom