• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official NeoGAF Groundbreaking Electronic Music Thread™

Linius

Listening to Talaboman now, great stuff. Trippy as fuck, also very much the sound I like from Talabot. Not really familiar with Axel Boman solo but I'm gonna check his stuff out as well.

Widge

Things I have been enjoying:

Throne Of Blood - Moon Rock Vol 4 [Throne Of Blood]
Objekt - #4 [Objekt]
Oni-ki - Darkness Light Darkness [Garage Hermetique]
VIEWS - Godspeed Dancefloor [Tape Archive]
Niro - The P Connection [Boards]
Jason Wynters - Double Standards [Don't Be Afraid]
Sasha - Scene Delete Remixes #3 (Plaid / Christian Loffler) [Late Night Tales]

BeeDog

Good idea, some stuff I've been enjoying as well:

- Yuji Kondo - Faces Past [10 Label]
- Shed - The Final Experiment [Monkeytown Records]
- Tzusing - 東方不敗 [L.I.E.S.]
- Kangding Ray - Hyper Opal Mantis [Stroboscopic Artefacts]
- Sigha - Metabolism [Token Records]
- VA - A Decade Ilian Tape [Ilian Tape]

Following along on the "things I've been enjoying lately" posts...

- Nikki O - Gotta Believe [Nikki]
- Louf - Hiccup [Valby Rotary] (Slightly obsessed with this one)
- Dark Circles - DC Trax 2 [DC Trax]
- DJ Windows XP / DJ Relationship - I Cried Last Night [E-BEAMZ] (OOOF!)
- Radio Slave - Another Club [Rekids]
- Gunnar Haslam - Scale No Flam [The Bunker New York]
- Steffi - Reasons (snatched up a copy of this repress recently)
I bought that Louf record a few weeks back, so good. The Gunnar Haslam one is on its way too.

Got John Talabot's remixes of Sfire 3 recently too, along with the Mr. YT record and Pale Blue's One Last Thing

Widge

Following along on the "things I've been enjoying lately" posts...

- Nikki O - Gotta Believe [Nikki]
- Louf - Hiccup [Valby Rotary] (Slightly obsessed with this one)
- Dark Circles - DC Trax 2 [DC Trax]
- DJ Windows XP / DJ Relationship - I Cried Last Night [E-BEAMZ] (OOOF!)
- Radio Slave - Another Club [Rekids]
- Gunnar Haslam - Scale No Flam [The Bunker New York]
- Steffi - Reasons (snatched up a copy of this repress recently)

That Dark Circles? We talking the Lord Of The Isles remixes yeah?

BeeDog

I hope you guys have checked out Varg's latest album, it's bloody fantastic. Official release is in April, but the full album is already available on Spotify:

Varg - Nordic Flora Pt. 3: Gore-Tex City
ClwoGUu.jpg

Interesting collaborations with Yung Lean and Alessandro Cortini (Nine Inch Nails).

Servbot24

Banned
That Arca album is really something huh? Fugaces is an early track of the year candidate for me

Starting the new Actress album now oh my god oh my god oh my gooooooooood

BeeDog

Haven't really liked any previous Actress releases, but goddamn the new one is fantastic. So good, in fact, that I had to track down one of the few stores that have some copies left of the limited vinyl edition. I like that it is much more straightforward than his earlier stuff.

Servbot24

Banned
Haven't really liked any previous Actress releases, but goddamn the new one is fantastic. So good, in fact, that I had to track down one of the few stores that have some copies left of the limited vinyl edition. I like that it is much more straightforward than his earlier stuff.

I was slightly disappointed at first due to it being more straightforward (RIP is top 5 album all time for me), but fuck it every song is so good

are any of the london people here going to get some of those Night Slugs, Rhythm Section, or Hyperdub dubplates on RSD? and if so can I pay you to get me a couple?

gdt

Yooo so I got a question.

Recently, within the last year I think, someone dropped and EP/album that has a song where the intro is a straight sample of Rust's speech at the end of True Detective season 1. And it pops up a couple times in the song. I'm pretty sure the track in question is the last song too. Any clue who/what song/artist this is.........?

Im racking my brain but I'm away from my pc and music collection.

bowery

Hello all,

Long time no post, been listening to a lot of Four Tet / Floating Points NTS shows throughout the last two years and now they don't post as many anymore and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for anything similar? Something along the lines of what they play and Egon / Nowagain etc. Thanks!

Servbot24

Banned
His latest tracks were great but they do not work well in a single format. There needs to be a full album of it. Otherwise they don't have a chance to absorb.

Servbot24

Banned
Oh wow. Just listened to the new ones, and Subtemple in particular is extremely impressive. It's going to have the same problem as Young Death that I mentioned above though.

Hello all,

Long time no post, been listening to a lot of Four Tet / Floating Points NTS shows throughout the last two years and now they don't post as many anymore and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations for anything similar? Something along the lines of what they play and Egon / Nowagain etc. Thanks!
Daphni/Caribou is a good start as they're all good friends

bowery

Love Daphni/Caribou, I was looking more for a radio show podcast type deal that plays like the weird old disco, jazz and bossa nova type records they play on their NTS show.

gdt

At underground arts for Jessy Lanza/Jacques Green in Philly tonight! Super stoked.

Edit: oh shit dudes I chatted with Jacques for a bit. Super nice guy.

Widge

same. Only knew him by his Trevino alias but I loved all the music he put out there.

Same here. I had a knowledge of Marcus Intalex but fell in love with the Trevino stuff. I have quite a few bits already but went straight to the Klockworks site to buy #14 in commemoration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM51W3EBKgo

On a similar topic, also sad to hear about Heiko M/S/O too. This mix was one of the most inspiring ones of my youth. It was so refreshing to see someone weave familiar deep bits together but also shift gears into real grit as the mix wore on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLjmmmsRuIA

Same here. I had a knowledge of Marcus Intalex but fell in love with the Trevino stuff. I have quite a few bits already but went straight to the Klockworks site to buy #14 in commemoration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM51W3EBKgo

On a similar topic, also sad to hear about Heiko M/S/O too. This mix was one of the most inspiring ones of my youth. It was so refreshing to see someone weave familiar deep bits together but also shift gears into real grit as the mix wore on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLjmmmsRuIA
oh man that Lovelee Dae vocal hits hard :(

CoolOff

Uhhh, we're getting a Danger-album in two days. Freakin' 10 years in the making. Almost feel like it's OT-worthy with all the love he got from the stuff he did for the Furi OST.

Widge

oh man that Lovelee Dae vocal hits hard :(

It's why I gravitated towards the mix in the first place. I used to have the Classic release (omg Beloved rmx) and that Playhouse one (yay 2020 vision). The entire mix was laden with Guidance, 2020 Vision. Quality.

In the face of US House, that had almost become a parody of itself as it could decide between pushing to be commercial or going down a roots discovery thing, and in the face of UK Deep House, that had lost dancefloor grit in pursuit of absolute chinstrokery, it was a sparkling slice of DJing.

I think that & Dan Bell's Tresor mix were absolute under the radar essentials for my soul back then.

Top Bottom