• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official "Real-Time with Bill Maher" Thread

Owzers

this episode feels awkward. Bill was angry in the first interview with jerkguy and now Ron Christie is throwing him off his groove with that tricky bizarro world truth that Republicans give when confronted with actual facts.

Bill's wrong on Eastwood, he was getting laughs because of the crowd, not the "jokes". Otherwise they wouldn't have laughed about the Afghanistan war being stupid.

this episode feels awkward. Bill was angry in the first interview with jerkguy and now Ron Christie is throwing him off his groove with that tricky bizarro world truth that Republicans give when confronted with actual facts.

I missed the first interview. Who was it with?

Totally disagree with Bill and agree with George though. Eastwood was preaching to a bunch of wackos he could have shit himself and they would have cheered.

Owzers

I missed the first interview. Who was it with?

Totally disagree with Bill and agree with George though. Eastwood was preaching to a bunch of wackos he could have shit himself and they would have cheered.

the guy who made that 2016 Obama's America movie.

Zabka

Joan Rivers was discussing the "gimme time" every famous comedian gets on the Nerdist podcast. She said it was five minutes. I DON'T KNOW WHO TO BELIEVE!

Owzers

The one benefit Eastwood had was the crowd didn't NEED jokes. The punchline is Obama and it didn't matter how they got there, even if it didn't make sense.

I consistently can't stand Ron Christie.

I agree to disagree with science. Gravity is for idiots, i just don't feel like floating.

And once again the closing rant saves the episode. Bill needs to stop inviting troll Republicans who don't believe in anything but talking points.

Zabka

I think Ron Christie was kicked in the head by a horse some time ago.

Ooh crap...forgot there was a new Daily Show tonight.

Jooney

Oh shit, Ron Christie was on tonight's episode? The last time he was one, it was the by far and away the worst appearance of a guest on that show. So much blatant distortion that it got goddam Cornel West ready to flip a table.

Never forget.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Oh shit, Ron Christie was on tonight's episode? The last time he was one, it was the by far and away the worst appearance of a guest on that show. So much blatant distortion that it got goddam Cornel West ready to flip a table.

Never forget.

In overtime for that episode, Maher was complaining about why Republicans are so stupid because they keep saying stupid things, and Ron Christie and that other fucking smug douchebag Grover Norquist went "bububbu 57 states, hurrurh"

In overtime for that episode, Maher was complaining about why Republicans are so stupid because they keep saying stupid things, and Ron Christie and that other fucking smug douchebag Grover Norquist went "bububbu 57 states, hurrurh"

I love when they repeat ad nauseum platitudes and rhetoric about some nebulous ideal of America. I feel that way every single time I listen to a Republican politician speak.

He has to invite Republicans on so the show doesn't get completely attacked for being one-sided........and it makes a lot of them look batshit crazy :)

And Cornel West is frickin' awesome
First time I saw him on the panel I was like whoa, its the guy from the Matrix!

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
He has to invite Republicans on so the show doesn't get completely attacked for being one-sided........and it makes a lot of them look batshit crazy :)

I actually prefer it when he invites Republicans and I wish he'd invite more. Don't really much care for the show when it's libruls only.

Some clips for those without cable(me) on Mediaite.

2016 interview was pretty good with Maher winning of course. And Jason Alexander(looks like he got a piece...saw him in the Nickelback vid and thought it was just for the vid) and Soledad O'Brien(swoon) were on the panel.

I actually prefer it when he invites Republicans and I wish he'd invite more. Don't really much care for the show when it's libruls only.

I just wish the bulk of conservatives he has on the show weren't loud, crass, talking point shouting robots or sniveling weasels.

Jooney

Just saw the ep.

Ron Christie - my god. Has there ever been any guest so annoying? His condescending, split-the-difference, we can agree to disagree BS is so insulting. The part Bill literally head-desked in frustration was the perfect reaction to any serious conversation with this guy Someone needs to gif that shit, stat.

And on a completely unrelated note: Soledad O'Brien is hot as fuck. Just thought I would get that off my chest.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."

Right, but Ron Derp Christie? Or Reihan Salam or Amy Holmes. These people are Fox News level of toxic disingenuous.

I'd rather it be last week's Jack Kingston or Michael Steele (pretty reasonable center right guy without the cognitive dissonance).

Right, but Ron Derp Christie? Or Reihan Salam or Amy Holmes. These people are Fox News level of toxic disingenuous.

I'd rather it be last week's Jack Kingston or Michael Steele (pretty reasonable center right guy without the cognitive dissonance).

Agreed. Bill definitely has some conservatives like Holmes and Salam that he keeps having on even though they're always terrible guests. Maybe he just can't get any other ones to come on the show. My least favorite recurring guest is Nick 'Fonzie of Freedom' Gillespie.

Zabka

iPk57PpAIlMcX.gif

By request

That Osmonds album is hilarious.

Zeth

This episode is unbelievable. Everything is so fucked. It's hard to watch. Haven't even seen the desk-head part.

Ron Christie. My god.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Fantastic episode, it's nice that Maher has republicans on all the time, but they always get destroyed.

I echo the sentiment of Ron Christie being lame though for those that asked if there has been a worse guest? The answer is yes. It was early on this year in the form of Kennedy. She was absolutely horrible and added NOTHING to the show except to roll her eyes whenever the business guy talked.

Akainu

OT-ish Saw Bill Maher at the hardrock hollywood fl last night. He was amazing. I was sort of wondering how it would turn out being in Florida and everything. But everyone seemed to enjoy it. Though Bill did mention there were a few masochist in the audience.

Top Bottom