• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition Thread!

cvxfreak

Official Resident Evil 4 (biohazard 4/GC) Thread.
Official Resident Evil 4 (biohazard 4/PS2) Thread.

re4na.jpg
re4pal.jpg
9907053101.jpg

NOTE: Please keep this thread spoiler free by using
SPOILER TAGS

Game Name:: Resident Evil 4 Wii edition (NA/PAL), biohazard 4 Wii edition (JPN)
Platform: Nintendo Wii
Release Date: May 31 (JPN), June 19 (NA), June 29 (EUR), July 5 (AU)
Price: 5040 Yen (JPN), $29.99 (US)
Official Website: Official Japanese Website

Resident Evil® 4 marks a terrifying new chapter in the world renowned Resident Evil® series. Players rejoin Leon S. Kennedy, six years after his first mission as a rookie cop from Resident Evil® 2. Now as a U.S. agent, Leon is on a top-secret mission to investigate the disappearance of the President’s daughter and has made his way to a mysterious location in Europe. As Leon encounters unimaginable horrors, he mustfind out who or what is behind everything.

Key Features:

- Wii-mote Action! – Moving the Wii-mote allows players to aim weapons, slash with the knife, control action sequences and much more.
- Award-winning gameplay –RE4 has won multiple Game of the Year awards.
- Unsurpassed Visuals – Resident Evil 4 features breathtaking 3D graphics and effects!
- Behind the Camera View – Camera follows you from behind and allows for intuitive movement.
- Advanced AI – Enemies use their cunning abilities to team up and attack the player en mass.
- “Separate Ways” – Play as Ada Wong in five new chapters that reveal startling insight into the original storyline!
- Supports true 16:9 widescreen and Dolby Pro Logic II.

The Umbrella Chronicles Trailer
As a bonus for Wii owners, a Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles trailer will be included. The game lands sometime in late 2007.

BIOHAZARD Umbrella aluminum BOX
9907053105.jpg

Released in Japan on the same day is the BIOHAZARD Umbrella aluminum BOX. You can store your Biohazard collection in here, approximately 20 DVD cases.

REVIEWS

GameRankings Average: 91.2%
GameSpy: 5/5
Eurogamer: 7/10
Computer and Videogames UK: 9.3/10
IGN Wii: 9/10
1Up: 8/10
GameSpot: 9.1/10
GameInformer 9.5/10 (9.5)

IMPRESSIONS CAN BE FOUND ON POST 296

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
cvxfreak said:
BIOHAZARD Umbrella aluminum BOX
9907053105.jpg

Released in Japan on the same day is the BIOHAZARD Umbrella aluminum BOX. You can store your Biohazard collection in here, approximately 20 DVD cases.
20 cases? Is that how many games are out right now?

cvxfreak

XiaNaphryz said:
20 cases? Is that how many games are out right now?

These Biohazard games were released on DVD cases:

PS2
Biohazard CODE: Veronica Complete
Gun Survivor 2 Biohazard CODE: Veronica
Gun Survivor 4 Biohazard CODE: Veronica
Biohazard Outbreak
Biohazard Outbreak File #2
Biohazard 4

And then Biohazard 4: Wii Edition. :lol

John Dunbar

correct about everything
"Wii Edition" doesn't sound very horror-like.

Since I've already beaten it on Gamecube, I'm still on the fence about this one. Never been one to replay games. Curious about the controls, though.

This is my first time playing RE4 so I'd really appreciate the spoiler tags too.

Where has the chainsaw dude gone from the box art? I noticed the one featuring him had inconsistent shadows making it look really unprofessional. Perhaps it was a photoshop.

Pricing in Europe (£24.99 atm) seems to be harsh but I'm willing to pay for the decent release date.

Snaku

Banned
Day one purchase! Love me some RE4.

brandonh83 said:
cvxfreak is the only one that'll be able to properly use that case, they must have made it specifically for him ;)

:lol So true.

koam

We're using spoiler tags for this one? Hasn't everyone (and soon their grandma) played this game yet?

Natsume

Visualante said:
Pricing in Europe (£24.99 atm) seems to be harsh but I'm willing to pay for the decent release date.

Who is charging that? Play have it for full price which really sucks =/

koam said:
We're using spoiler tags for this one? Hasn't everyone (and soon their grandma) played this game yet?
If not please make it clear, obviously I am an extreme minority having not played it. So I don't mind skipping the thread if it's a major inconvenience for the majority who want to replay it.

JunoTaksumi said:
Who is charging that? Play have it for full price which really sucks =/
Gameplay, Play will easily match it- probably just a placeholder for now. Other sites have promo stuff at around the same price.

Majmun

I first bought the Cube version. When I heard the Ps2 version had extra content I sold the Cube version and bought the Ps2 version.

And now I'm selling the Ps2 version to buy this version.

Can't wait! Let's just hope the next-gen consoles won't be getting a remake...

Eteric Rice

Mr. Pachunga Chung said:
My cousin lent me his GCN with MP, MP2, and RE4 so i am playing those right now.

Ohh, okay. I was almost going to cry. Valkyrie Profile 2 took my last $30 bucks. Lol

Why the **** must Europe get the superior boxart every goddamn time? Jesus Christ. Shit.

Then again, at least games come out in a timely fashion in the US. But still.

cvxfreak said:
These Biohazard games were released on DVD cases:

PS2
Biohazard CODE: Veronica Complete
Gun Survivor 2 Biohazard CODE: Veronica
Gun Survivor 4 Biohazard CODE: Veronica
Biohazard Outbreak
Biohazard Outbreak File #2
Biohazard 4

And then Biohazard 4: Wii Edition. :lol

What about the GC rereleases of RE2 and 3? Can't think of any others...

later

Am I the only one who thinks the European boxart sucks? It's a bunch of trees.. (Which looks like drab in black & white)

Aristotlekh said:
Why the **** must Europe get the superior boxart every goddamn time? Jesus Christ. Shit.

Then again, at least games come out in a timely fashion in the US. But still.

Superior? Neither box is great, but the B&W treeline is pretty terrible, especially when compared to the red & black art on the 'Cube edition with Dr Salvador stood in a clearing.

cvxfreak said:
Japan's GameCube games didn't come in DVD cases though. I assume this is a Japan-only package.

Ah, of course. Maybe it's the PS3 of the aluminum case world, then - designed for a ten-year RE lifespan? ;-)

cvxfreak

Cosmonaut X said:
Ah, of course. Maybe it's the PS3 of the aluminum case world, then - designed for a ten-year RE lifespan? ;-)

We can definitely add Umbrella Chronicles and the 360 RE5 in there. ;)

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon
Pokeylongo said:
re4pal.jpg

I still don't see how this is amazing or superior. To anything.

Keep staring at it, let your eyes go out of focus, once you start to see that it's superior you will realize that you have developed 'taste'.

Okay, horrible character renders are just inferior to a nice, understated image that conveys the atmosphere of the game without shoving it down your throat. And the shadows are a stylistic thing. I happen to be okay with it.

Aristotlekh said:
Okay, horrible character renders are just inferior to a nice, understated image that conveys the atmosphere of the game without shoving it down your throat. And the shadows are a stylistic thing. I happen to be okay with it.

But:

RE4%20GC2.jpg

Aristotlekh said:
The style is evocative of a cheap slasher flick. It doesn't suit RE4. Also, what about those character renders is horrible?

Yama

brandonh83 said:
cvxfreak is the only one that'll be able to properly use that case, they must have made it specifically for him ;)
He's not the only one. ;)

I'm trying to pick up the case myself. Is your friend able to get a hold of it cvx? I can Paypal if he wouldn't mind getting two, or shipping.

Top Bottom