• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition Thread!

cvxfreak said:
Ada's low health made that part a pain.
I tossed a grenade to stun the guy and open a door and then shot him from the other side of the cage. Did die first time though because the bugger went through the door as well. Made sure I was making enough noise at the right side of the cage after that :D .

Tenbatsu

Phife Dawg said:
I tossed a grenade to stun the guy and open a door and then shot him from the other side of the cage. Did die first time though because the bugger went through the door as well. Made sure I was making enough noise at the right side of the cage after that :D .

One of the classic part of RE4:D I always use the shotgun to shoot down the lock asap and ran out to the end of the dining table at the next room and use the sniper rifle to snipe whoever in sight. Am scare ya know:lol

noire

Unconfirmed Member
Just got to the regenerators; there are at least two (original and another in the hall), and to my knowledge, I can't get the scope yet. I'm guessing that I should shoot them in the knees and run to find the scope or maybe use an incendiary grenade.

I'm putting the wiimote down for awhile.

Dascu

noire said:
Just got to the regenerators; there are at least two (original and another in the hall), and to my knowledge, I can't get the scope yet. I'm guessing that I should shoot them in the knees and run to find the scope or maybe use an incendiary grenade.

I'm putting the wiimote down for awhile.
If you have the Minethrower, 3 mine darts per Regenerator does the trick. It's just a matter of dishing out enough damage in time before they can fully regenerate. Just take them out with your most powerful weapon.

fabs115

dumb question, but im on chapter 4-2 and still dont have full health, its about 3/4 of the way, how do i get the full thing? side missions?

Linkhero1

fabs115 said:
dumb question, but im on chapter 4-2 and still dont have full health, its about 3/4 of the way, how do i get the full thing? side missions?
If you want it full you have to combine Yellow+Green+Red herbs. It'll go up only a little bit.

Vexidus

Lobster said:
Are you sure? I remember shooting at that lock atleast a couple of time before it came off.

I didn't really specify a number of shots there but yeah it takes 2 shots with the shotgun, and I have no idea if it can even come off with the pistol, I've tried before but it was taking too long, shotty ftw!

Finished seperate ways and now I have started a new run with
leons nice mobster clothes
. It's nice walking around in the beginning and totally owning anyone and anything.

Big chunk of villagers? check
Fully uppgraded striker? check
Total mayhem and bodies flying everywhere? double check =)

Slavik81

Segata Sanshiro said:
Yellow herbs, foo'.
I beat the game without realizing that Yellow herbs increase your health. I used one and couldn't tell what it did and sold the rest as a part of r/g/y herbs as I went through the game.

>.<

Tenbatsu

PuppetSlave said:
Finished seperate ways and now I have started a new run with
leons nice mobster clothes
. It's nice walking around in the beginning and totally owning anyone and anything.

Big chunk of villagers? check
Fully uppgraded striker? check
Total mayhem and bodies flying everywhere? double check =)

Controlling a Mafia and spraying everything in sight sure is fun!:D

Haunted

Frozen Fire said:
I donno... My brother already got it for gamecube and the wii is backwards compatable so....
Bah! Get it anyway - I promise you won't be disappointed with the Wii version. It's that good.

Segata Sanshiro said:
I just killed everyone from inside the cage.

Nobody fucks with Segata Sanshiro.
The very first time I played RE4, I went with that route. Took the Garrador down, then used grenades and shit. Good times.

Lobster

Banned
Magicpaint said:
The very first time I played RE4, I went with that route. Took the Garrador down, then used grenades and shit. Good times.

Heh I would use my pistol to kill the Garrador (no use using some high power weapon) then shotgun the hell out of everyone else. The bad thing was that the area never did drop that much ammo aftwerwards.

First time I was in that cage I did not know you could leave it =P

I died a few times but then I got my payback. After the fight I tried to shoot the lock but since a few shots with the pistol did not work I thought were another way to get out. Thought I had to do something with the chest or shoot something around the cage.

Hate to admit it but it probably took me 10 minutes before I accidently cut off the lock with the knife in frustration.

My cage story: The first time through the game, with Leon, I didn't notice the lock so I just killed everyone from inside the cage.

The second time I played it was in Separate Ways, and by that time I had forgotten about the lock so, once again, I just killed everyone from inside the cage. It was a total bitch. You can of course envision my reaction when I found the lock again. It sounded a lot like "FUCK!"

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
uh... i didn't want to make a new thread but i had a question

i'm on chapter 5-1, been playing with the riot gun, blacktail, broken butterfly and semiauto rifle... it's pretty late in the game, but i was considering selling my heavily upgraded riot gun and starting up the striker

is it worth it? what's GAF's opinion?

bdouble

jon bones said:
uh... i didn't want to make a new thread but i had a question

i'm on chapter 5-1, been playing with the riot gun, blacktail, broken butterfly and semiauto rifle... it's pretty late in the game, but i was considering selling my heavily upgraded riot gun and starting up the striker

is it worth it? what's GAF's opinion?

I always did. Striker has a spread type shot and the clip size is amazing.

Davey Cakes

The thought of buying this for $20 is just as enticing, if not moreso, than buying RE5 for $60.

And I already beat RE4 back when it first came out.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
After playing Resident Evil 5 for about the fourth time, I wanted to play Resident Evil 4 really badly.

Popped it in today, started playing Professional mode which I never finished (stopped at 3-2). This game is just.... so good. I love Resident Evil 5, but there is so much that Resident Evil 4 has that 5 just doesn't. I think the locations in 4 are much better than 5. There was too much daylight in the game for my taste as well as too much bloom.

I really want another Resident Evil on the Wii using the same engine.

SS4Gogita

Henshin!
Curufinwe said:
Maybe I'll buy the Wii version of RE 4 just so I have an excuse to play the whole game over again. I still have my GC pad laying around ready to use.

You're going to buy the version with the better controls and then not use the better controls?

Curufinwe

I love the controls of the GC version, and don't really like aiming with the Wiimote. Also, the videos I've seen of the Wii version with the crosshair jerking all over the place look crappy compared to the laser sight smoothly sweeping across the screen. And it sounds like the Wii controls make the game a lot easier.

But I understand why a lot of people prefer them and think they're "better".

Curufinwe said:
I love the controls of the GC version, and don't really like aiming with the Wiimote. Also, the videos I've seen of the Wii version with the crosshair jerking all over the place look crappy compared to the laser sight smoothly sweeping across the screen.

I would try it with the Wii controls first and then realise that you don't want to go back to the GC pad. I really want RE5 to have Wii controls, and it looks like the alternative edition on PS3 is going to offer that. I can't speak for the videos you've seen online, but the Wii remote controls in RE4 work perfectly.

Although, there's nothing wrong with using the Gamecube pad(or classic controller) but headshots with the Wiimote are very satisfying.

En-ou

playing this on wii right now for the first time. i just encountered that other mercenary guy.

scariest part so far is that lab area where you first encounter the regens. as soon as i entered that area where you see one lying as a corpse on a bed, i was chanting "i hate you fucking capcom". and the music is just deadly ups the whole mood factor by a lot.

and i hate those fucking automatic doors...they startle the shit outta me all the time.

is the revolver too OP? i tend to only use it on bosses. i took out the little guy (salazar?) with 6 quick magnum rounds. the fight lasted less than 30 secs.

En-ou said:
playing this on wii right now for the first time. i just encountered that other mercenary guy.

scariest part so far is that lab area where you first encounter the regens. as soon as i entered that area where you see one lying as a corpse on a bed, i was chanting "i hate you fucking capcom". and the music is just deadly ups the whole mood factor by a lot.

and i hate those fucking automatic doors...they startle the shit outta me all the time.

is the revolver too OP? i tend to only use it on bosses. i took out the little guy (salazar?) with 6 quick magnum rounds. the fight lasted less than 30 secs.
Basically it's overpowered on Normal difficulty (where you can get by just fine on shotgun/rifle for more powerful enemies) but I wouldn't say it's TOO overpowered. On Professional, it fits in fairly well, I think.

Ellis Kim

Banned
I'm playing through this right now, and I have to say, it really is RE4: Headshot Edition, lol. Got to the vendor, not sure if I want to buy the rifle or not. And man are the colors flat on an LCD. The game looks better on my old CRT :S

Top Bottom