• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Vaporwave Thread of WTF is Vaporwave

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm partial to Internet Club and their various pseudonyms (新しいデラックスライフ, Ecco Unlimited, probably something else I'm missing), plus Laserdisc Visions, Computer Dreams, Kodak Cameo, and 情報デスクVIRTUAL. My friend's been trying to get me to listen to OPN for over a month now.

I occasionally try to attempt to produce some myself, but I don't think I have it in me. My workflow is more based in sequencing virtual instruments than in sample manipulation. Maybe I should go try to find an old Roland MT-32 on eBay for extra cheese. They probably go for nothing nowadays.

bansheebeat

Neo Member
Really looking forward to spinning NYC HELL in the next few days, as well as just getting a bunch more vaporwavey stuff.

I've really been into the aesthetic lately, maybe I'll give producing more stuff in that vein a try in the near future

Odrion

Banned
Hit Vibes is such a great album and that Cherry Pepsi video is incredible for 1.) Making me incredibly thirsty and 2.) For making Hit Vibes make sense for me as a Vaporwave album.

Also Hit Vibes is totally the fucking album Daft Punk should've made. Out of the way Random Access Memories, because IT'S SAINT PEPSI BITCH.

HiResDes

z3jBVqZ.png

kick51

Banned
We're getting so close to circling back around to...something, can't quite put my finger on it. Something like Mark Farina's Mushroom Jazz? References to references to references. It's neat!

GrimmUK

Banned
So Vaporwave made it to GAF, huh?

Debut by S V M M E R dropped the other day, digging it so far

a0311693619_2.jpg

Seems to be more structured than standard vaporwave, musically it's actually quite nice to listen to while still keeping some of the interesting conceptual stuff that you find your second or third time through.

Early days yet, but definitely feels up there for me with the New Dreams stuff.

http://svmmer.bandcamp.com/

This thread has opened me up to so much good music, I've been really digging Saint Pepsi's Hit Vibes and Macross 82-99. Such a weird genre that kind fills that chill-wave gap, for me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom