• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Vaporwave Thread of WTF is Vaporwave

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry1594

Just found out about this stuff, which I imagine is long dead by now. Floral Shoppe sucks, with the exception of track 2, but I really dig Eccojams Vol. 1

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I should post in here more often. I've found so much quality shit between soundcloud and bandcamp. I might be back later with a big drop, but first I'll highlight one artists/album that stood out to me recently.

https://clintonaffair.bandcamp.com/album/p-a-s-s-i-o-n-s

https://soundcloud.com/clinton-affair/w-i-n-d-o-w-s

Airy, sensual shit, but haunting at the same time. Lots of smooth 80s/90s R&B vibes...I feel like it could be accurately categorized as vaporwave, but it's a lot more emotionally than what you'd usually expect from the genre.

Zabuza

Banned
I should post in here more often. I've found so much quality shit between soundcloud and bandcamp. I might be back later with a big drop, but first I'll highlight one artists/album that stood out to me recently.

Airy, sensual shit, but haunting at the same time. Lots of smooth 80s/90s R&B vibes...I feel like it could be accurately categorized as vaporwave, but it's a lot more emotionally than what you'd usually expect from the genre.
This is dope.

When did we have a vaporwave thread?

I've been really into this genre recently, and I discovered Yung Bae who's my new favorite artist. Technically he's Future Funk, but a lot of Vaporwave shares similarities to Future Funk that I feel it belongs here. He's part of the Keats Collective, which is the same label that Saint Pepsi and Macross 82-99 (who you should be listening to as well).

Some Tracks.

I Want Your Love ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚

私は愛に ハイです

Distant Love

Selfish High Heels (collab with Macross 82-99)

Cry 2 Me

Hurts So Good

(The last two tracks he did this with Flamingosis, another Keats Collective artist you all should listen to)

HiResDes

https://soundcloud.com/clinton-affair/w-i-n-d-o-w-s

THIS IS SO FIRE, THANK YOU, ALSO FEELING SOME OF THOSE LINKS ZABUSA...POST MORE DONT LET THIS THREAD BECOME VAPORWARE...Or actually I guess it can.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Since this thread is someone active I'll post a vape mix I made recently. Just did a few tweaks to perfect it.

Basically a collection of smooth and sparkly baby making vaporwave vibes. It's pretty cool.

big ander

saint pepsi is singing over non sample vaporwave for a new song he made and its so dope

this might be what he played last night at spf420 too, he played 2 or 3 unreleased tracks and one of them (the best one) was no samples. Didn't have the vocals though, said they'd be on the final track.

CRS

we playing vape shit in here, come and share/listen to some gems - https://plug.dj/music-is-fun

snugglebear2njb0.gif
snugglebear2njb0.gif

studyguy

Sesh was dope reminds me of when I first got into flylo, out there from what I normally fucked with but something about it. Anyway thanks again.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Most of this music just sounds like chillwave, or extremely lazy sampling. James Ferraro Far Side Virtual is the only thing I've heard that sounds like it deserves a unique genre name.

Komo

Banned
I adore Vaporwave art ~
But Faded-VHS' stuff takes the cake for me. It's beautiful.
More at faded-vhs's tumblr page

Oh, yeah. On /r/vaporwave, some guy posted an album filled with late 90s - early 2000s futurism images, which (as one redditor said) is the 'natural evolution of Vaporwave'
This totally makes sense, and if this is going to spawn a subgenre of Vaporwave, then I absolutely approve. I'd definitely be excited for something like that.

magnetic

This genre is one of the things I´ve always vaguely fantasized about but never knew people would actually be doing stuff like this, if that makes sense. When I first stumbled upon these tracks it seemed like somebody was reading my mind.

I was born in 1982, so the late 80s and early to mid-90s are still very present in my mind - the early and clumsy Photoshop designs, the (now retro) ideas of the future, weird filters and odd colors... I never really realized what a distinctive aesthetic could be made out of these influences.

I really hope the threads keeps going, I´ll check out each and every link!

By the way, a lot of the Soul Hackers soundtrack has the same surreal feeling about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSuk_T-QD-M

This is fantastic. Thanks for the link!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom